COLD DARK ROOM

Lyn W

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
UK
Birthday last week brought a TrailCam into our household. First setup was last night. A few deer & Mr Fox

View attachment 352900
Belated birthday wishes Mark - great present to yourself! I love seeing what happens in my garden after dark on my trail cam. Lovely looking fox.

It's persecution time for the foxes in the UK at the moment with the fox hunting season which is illegal but no one seems to enforce it :mad:😪 Thugs dig the foxes out of their dens then the poor things are chased by other thugs on horses until their dogs kill it. Very inhumane and barbaric.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Happy belated birthday 🥳!!!
Mr. Fox and his friends came looking for the beer!
When they found it was all gone, they said “pppffftt…. let’s blow, ain’t nothing here.” 🤭🤣😂
Welcome back - good to see you posting again,. I hope you're well and enjoying the Xmas festivities.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Hope you get outside today Lyn.
I also did a covid test,I have been feeling fluish the last 3 days. I am hoping it's this cold weather we are having. Opo has his head stuck out this morning. I am sure that's as far as he will go. Still in the 30's fahrenheit only getting in the 40's today. Back in the 80's on Friday 😁
Thankfully both tests I've done have been negative so must just have a bit of a cold. Hope you're feeling better Ray,

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Good morning/afternoon all.
It has poured with rain all day - I'm keeping an eye on my leak but so far nothing coming down the walls again - yet! There's still time and plenty more rain to come in the next couple of days🌦️☂️
My covid tests have been negative so pleased about that, and popped out to the shops to stock up with some food for Lola.
I hope your Tuesday is going well and the weather is being kind to you.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Thankfully both tests I've done have been negative so must just have a bit of a cold. Hope you're feeling better Ray,
Thanks Lyn, I seem to be coming around. Both of my tests came back negative also.
It is 65° and sunny today, so Opo got out and about. After being couped up in his box for 3 days. Going to be back in the 80's by the weekend. Maybe that's why I am feeling better. 😀

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
It has poured with rain all day - I'm keeping an eye on my leak but so far nothing coming down the walls again - yet! There's still time and plenty more rain to come in the next couple of days🌦️☂️
My covid tests have been negative so pleased about that, and popped out to the shops to stock up with some food for Lola.
I hope your Tuesday is going well and the weather is being kind to you.
That's good no water, did the roof get fixed?

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Thanks Lyn, I seem to be coming around. Both of my tests came back negative also.
It is 65° and sunny today, so Opo got out and about. After being couped up in his box for 3 days. Going to be back in the 80's by the weekend. Maybe that's why I am feeling better. 😀
It will be a long time before we get temps in the 80s we may hit low 50s over the weekend.
Lola has been having a little wander indoors today with extra heating on at floor level, but like Opo, he can spend days in his hide until I drag him out for a soak so that I can I can do some housekeeping.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Mr Fox in stealing some chicken and Mr Buck just passing through.
View attachment 352914

View attachment 352915
I also missed your birthday so happy birthday 🎉 I tried a trail cam. It was a spy point and it was pretty good except I didn't have enough control over the pictures it took so I settled for a feit WiFi indoor outdoor rechargeable. I can take pictures and videos from my phone. Whereas with the trail cam it worked with movement detection. Since I live on a busy street it was constantly taking unwanted pictures. I would have had to buy a subscription for it and I'm just really doing it for fun and my own satisfaction.🤗

Warren

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Balto. MD

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
It will be a long time before we get temps in the 80s we may hit low 50s over the weekend.
Lola has been having a little wander indoors today with extra heating on at floor level, but like Opo, he can spend days in his hide until I drag him out for a soak so that I can I can do some housekeeping.
Opo is impossible to drag out. I need to lure with food. But sometimes that doesn't work. I figure sulcata's will spend weeks in their burrows. So I leave it up to him. It's unusual for Opo to be stuck in his box for 3 days. But this cold front stayed around for 3 days. I feel sorry for the members in the upper states.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Opo is impossible to drag out. I need to lure with food. But sometimes that doesn't work. I figure sulcata's will spend weeks in their burrows. So I leave it up to him. It's unusual for Opo to be stuck in his box for 3 days. But this cold front stayed around for 3 days. I feel sorry for the members in the upper states.
Thaaannkss.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
It's a bit brighter here today but there's still plenty of rainshowers about. I hope those of you affected by the snow are thawing out quickly.
Lola had quite an active day yesterday but must have worn himself out as he still hasn't surfaced yet today - he is peeping around the door to his hide though trying to decide whether to venture out or not.
I'm going to have a trip to the shops to stock up with some more food for him. The salad bags I've been buying for him recently haven't been very good quality - lots of pale stalky bits rather than decent leaves, so I've been throwing a lot out. I'm going to try a different shop today to see if I can get better and a bit more variety. No weeds about at the moment :( I have some Mazuri type pellets but he's not keen on them. I've started grinding them up with his grass to sprinkle on his leaves.
Anyway hope you all have a good Thursday.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Have you got dug out and roads passable?
Do you have to worry about to much snow on the roof.
I used to shovel off our roof in Michigan. Until we installed a metal roof. This picture was obviously before the accident. View attachment 352938
The truth is we didn't get the amount of snow that other more northern states and even northern areas of Ohio did. It was the freezing rain, then snow and the extreme wind that made it so bad. It also dropped below 0 and the wind turned the snow into white outs even in the back yard. My windows had ice on the inside so bad I couldn't see outside for 2 days. I didn't dare step outside because of the wind. I finally tried to feed the birds and went sliding with the storm door to keep it from getting broke. It was so bad a poor little sparrow had gotten caught in my bird feeder and froze to death. I've been through hurricanes that didn't scare me like the wind did with this storm. This was one crazy storm.

Warren

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Balto. MD
Happy birthday 🎂🎉 to you.
I appreciate the Birthday wishes, it's been a busy day. On Christmas morning we received a phone call from my wife's sister that her Mother passed away in her sleep. Today way her viewing, it's been a rough day for my wife and sisters. My Mother Inlaw is in a better place, she has been dealing with Dementia for many years. Will celebrate my birthday another day.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I appreciate the Birthday wishes, it's been a busy day. On Christmas morning we received a phone call from my wife's sister that her Mother passed away in her sleep. Today way her viewing, it's been a rough day for my wife and sisters. My Mother Inlaw is in a better place, she has been dealing with Dementia for many years. Will celebrate my birthday another day.
That's sad news on Christmas day or any day. But when I go I hope I get to pass in my sleep too peacefully. 💕🤗🙏 Sending prayers for your family.