COLD DARK ROOM

Jan A

Location (City and/or State)
Boulder, CO
Thanks for calming my curiousity...it gets bad sometimes.

Well, sounds a little convoluted but ok.....nice that you have the Insta-hot in the kitchen....you know, for the turtle....cause he's what matters! LOL

and please Jan, we're friends......don't ever accuse East coasters of being smart.......have you seen DC? LMAO

You guys have that poly white or blue water piping? I have copper pipe in my house, Kerry has plastic.................and we have these same conversations cause her hot water takes FOREVER to get "there", no matter where in the house you are. Mine takes 10 seconds, at her home it takes a full minute....which can easily feel like ten if you are waiting for it!
I have no idea what color the house pipe is, but the house is about 14 yrs old so my guess is not copper. That would be about the time they started steeling copper tubing out of houses.

I was trying to be respectful of East Coast plumbers, not necessarily the wrecking crews in DC.

Have a great weekend!!

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
A lot of stuff doesn't come with manuals today Ms Cathie....you are supposed to watch You Tube videos today.

I'd recomend returning it if you can't/aren't going to use it. Mr Amazon is good about returns, even if you have tried the item.
I have returned the innovations game camera viewer and invested that money into the bird feeder camera. We'll see what happens. The reason I'm being slow with that little thing is I don't know what SD card to try out first. The campark SD card has around 1,000 photos on it. Will I crash my phone 🙃 I just have to figure out which SD card to try first. I am going to have to force myself to try it but I don't want to accidentally erase any of them. While not knowing what I'm doing in the meantime. The little device could still be very interesting and I'm not really concerned about $10 Especially if it works. It will read into 4 different types of devices. Windows and Mac, Android and iPhones. If I can figure it out without damage I would want a backup one 😉 we'll see.🥴🤗

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I'm seeing more of these lately. I'm thinking grackles but they don't seem to have the yellow eyes I've seen in the past. So who knows. I'm not taking a guess but some kind of black bird.🙃IMG_20230317_115814014_HDR.jpg

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
I did a bit of follow up because I get curious myself....turns out the Pex piping loses heat faster than copper, approx 7% faster and a cold pex line will absorb quite a bit of the heat as the tubing heats from heater to tap. Copper heats much faster, keeping the final temps higher, faster. Let Dan know that if he can get the entire HW line insulated, it will help, especially if it's in a crawlspace!
When you install a circulating line however and don't want to use a pump, you should only insulate the circulate line back to the heater, not the HW piping! If you've done it correctly, capillary attraction will induce a constant state of circulation. No pump needed but your energy usage will be much higher due to the constant flow/heat-loss on the HW line.

Glad to see you returned the other cam Ms Cathie. I bought a Minelab metal detector 15 yrs ago, state of the art stuff....very expensive for me.....and WAAAAY more involved than I ever wanted to be with a metal detector. Stupid jeff learned a valuable lesson. I now own a much more reasonable variety!

I stopped and got my oil changed and laundry is in the dryer and while I wanted to get downstairs to do the stuff I need to before Monday, I woke too early...well, before midnight so yesterday & been fighting a "Friday special" so I'm going to bag it I think.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
How much snow?

Pro Tip Guys;
Stay away from being caught in the "Retired people trying to remember" conversations, I was once warned.
As I get older, it becomes more apparent why I was warned. LOL

Ray, how is your sweetheart? All better now? It's been a couple days.....

The pod girls got done yesterday at 6pm....pretty amazing, only things left are a 200lb "new" 36" HDTV(tube type), Erin's bed and my now-empty two 5' work tables/drawers in my work room with my torch. EVERYTHING else is gone! There was about 2sf left inside the pod when they towed me out there to place a lock on it. I am very thankful for everything they did.

As life would have it.....
I have 8 dolly's arriving from Harbor frt today or tomorrow, that I had bought to move the remaining furniture around the flooring guy. Too funny! At least I got them for $9.99 (18x12,1000#) each and we can always use them...right? LOL

.....and for those wondering about that Shaft job....cleaning out 4 side-by-side shafts of H20 and debris via 3 "access panels" which ea weighs 500lbs, will cost them just over $16K, it will cost us, 13K. I honestly think it's funny that yesterday I "bid" a 16K project. Those are usually when someone calls you and just asks you to just do it....come on, it's under 20 grand. That isn't construction, it's a side job....LOL

enjoy the day guys
Rose is definitely getting better. Now I just have to regulate her activities. Now that she is feeling better, she will try to do to much and set her recovery back.