COLD DARK ROOM

CarolM

Location (City and/or State)
South Africa - Cape Town
Good evening all. What a scorcher today turned out to be!
I put Lola outside in a large underbed storage box so he would have some real uvb and not just turn and run inside.
He enjoyed basking for a while and had a good feast on some clover and dandies, but sure enough, as soon as I let him loose in the garden he headed back in!
He really needs to get out more!!!
22'C (approx 77'F) expected tomorrow!
My little ones sulk when I bring them in at night time now. I am putting them outside more often and they absolutely love it. But are not happy when I bring them back inside again.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
It's been quiet in here today, not much to catch up on at all.
Everyone must be busy enjoying their Good Friday holiday.
As promised the temps have risen in the UK and this is set to be the hottest Easter weekend for 70 years.
In my sheltered garden the temp reading was 78F.
Lola didn't appreciate it at all and unless he was contained kept running back inside to his room.
He did graze for a short while on grass and clover but suddenly stopped as if he realised he was outside and trotted in again.
He is a very strange tortoise!!!
He is a very funny tortoise. Ha ha maybe he just feels safer inside the house.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Happy Saturday all.

Our afternoon storms seem to have skirted around us. BUT, i do hear a slight drizzle... trees and lawns look good. Plus the pollen has all been washed away. Everything outside was getting a yellow green tint from so much pollen.
Mother nature doing a spring clean. Nice!!

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
My little ones sulk when I bring them in at night time now. I am putting them outside more often and they absolutely love it. But are not happy when I bring them back inside again.
I think the problem is that Lola doesn't know he's a tortoise and is supposed to want to be outside. :rolleyes: