COLD DARK ROOM

EllieMay

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
East Texas
I haven't been around online as much lately due to critter care... It's been a slow process getting new (inside) enclosures set up.

We're getting closer to being able to move the mud turtles into their new 40 breeder tank in our master bathroom.

So once the mud turtles move out of the 20 long tank in our bedroom, we can replace the 20 long tank with a new (other) 40 breeder tank. So then our little Red Lady bearded dragon can move into the 40 tank on our dresser.

After that, we have to settle on a more appropriate location for the 20 long tank (that the mud turtles are in right now). Then get the 20 long tank set up for our new (x2) spotted turtle hatchlings.

That's sort of the short version...

Yeap, that’s a lot of work! Youve been missed too Anne! Can’t wait to see everyone in their new homes!

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Some pics of the cruise. [
The 2nd pic is on the ship overlooking Nassau. The last pic was in the port of Freeport. The first was obviously a glamour shot.

Wow! Y’all look fabulous in that first pic! I almost didn’t recognize either of you!

I love the ocean.. I’ve been toe tapping waiting to see some good scenery pics:)

Blackdog1714

5 Year Member
Richmond, VA
So this morning on the phone my boss asked me if I was working today. I said yes, he said well you sound like I just woke you up at home. WELLL its 6:00 AM and I have been up since 4:00 AM and I have given up my energy drinks (Doc wore me down)!!! SOOO sorry I don't wake up like a cheerleader.

xMario

Germany
So this morning on the phone my boss asked me if I was working today. I said yes, he said well you sound like I just woke you up at home. WELLL its 6:00 AM and I have been up since 4:00 AM and I have given up my energy drinks (Doc wore me down)!!! SOOO sorry I don't wake up like a cheerleader.
Ha! Reminds me of my boss..
I broke my leg at the way to work (car crash) and was at the hospital.
I called him to tell him I cant come I had an accident and broke my leg... he asked:

"But ur still coming in tomorrow right?"

[emoji848]

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Ha! Reminds me of my boss..
I broke my leg at the way to work (car crash) and was at the hospital.
I called him to tell him I cant come I had an accident and broke my leg... he asked:

"But ur still coming in tomorrow right?"

[emoji848]

WOW!!!! That might make me a bit angry [emoji35]

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Good morning roomies. Happy hump day. Woke up this morning with a bad kink in my neck and one in my back, omgoodness... Can't move my neck, and Everytime I breathe my back hurts. Gahhh [emoji27] hope everyone has a fantastic day [emoji3526]
I'm still having solar equipment problems and the service man is scheduled to come out today. So not so fantastic, but I'm getting quite a bit of my winter time readiness stuff accomplished. Feel good about that. And I've started up walking around the pasture for a mile once again. Feel good about that too!

Turtle girl 98

Sandstone mn
I'm still having solar equipment problems and the service man is scheduled to come out today. So not so fantastic, but I'm getting quite a bit of my winter time readiness stuff accomplished. Feel good about that. And I've started up walking around the pasture for a mile once again. Feel good about that too!
That's good your getting winter ready I hope the guy can fix your solar equipment. Exercising is always good. Keep you in tip top shape [emoji12] it'll keep you on your toes for the torts and turts [emoji3526] I hope all goes well and you have a good day Yvonne!

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Good morning roomies. Happy hump day. Woke up this morning with a bad kink in my neck and one in my back, omgoodness... Can't move my neck, and Everytime I breathe my back hurts. Gahhh [emoji27] hope everyone has a fantastic day [emoji3526]

Ow! I hope your spasms relent quickly

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Oh thank you so much. I do to.. chasing the kids today shall be fun [emoji51] I took some Tylenol and it seems to have helped a little, might take a nice warm bath to loosen my muscles. I hope you have a fantastic day!
If you can find the point of pain really light massage works too. Muscle spasms are horrible. I hope you feel better soon.

Turtle girl 98

Sandstone mn
If you can find the point of pain really light massage works too. Muscle spasms are horrible. I hope you feel better soon.
Oh my a massage would be absolutely wonderful, I'll have to talk to the hubby lol. Muscle spasms are the worst. I have scoliosis as well so it's a double whammy today.. I had cortisone shots in my back right after my daughter was born and it's been a year so I'm guessing it has worn off and I'm due to go back.. my doctor suggested fusing my spine, I'm very wary about it.. thank you Cathie! I hope you have a wonderful day! [emoji4]

Blackdog1714

5 Year Member
Richmond, VA
For something that doesn't have any moving parts-you have a lot of parts coming loose

Last edited:

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Oh my a massage would be absolutely wonderful, I'll have to talk to the hubby lol. Muscle spasms are the worst. I have scoliosis as well so it's a double whammy today.. I had cortisone shots in my back right after my daughter was born and it's been a year so I'm guessing it has worn off and I'm due to go back.. my doctor suggested fusing my spine, I'm very wary about it.. thank you Cathie! I hope you have a wonderful day! [emoji4]
It's weird because I pulled a bunch of muscles in my upper legs when I gave birth to my son. I had to learn that little tidbit on my own. I could actually feel the kink with 2 or 3 of my fingers and just smoothed it down until the pain would stop. It only flares up once in awhile 40 years later. It's not nearly as bad though. I'll be thinking and praying for you.

Turtle girl 98

Sandstone mn
It's weird because I pulled a bunch of muscles in my upper legs when I gave birth to my son. I had to learn that little tidbit on my own. I could actually feel the kink with 2 or 3 of my fingers and just smoothed it down until the pain would stop. It only flares up once in awhile 40 years later. It's not nearly as bad though. I'll be thinking and praying for you.
Oh wow! When I had my daughter she came out 9 pounds ... But she popped my sacroiliac joints out of place and I'm still fighting with that. Thank you so much. I definitely will be trying to rub the kinks out..

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Wow! Y’all look fabulous in that first pic! I almost didn’t recognize either of you!

I love the ocean.. I’ve been toe tapping waiting to see some good scenery pics:)
There aren't many scenery pics. We couldn't get off the boat in Freeport and I didn't get off the boat in Nassau. Earlier in the day while we were docked in Nassau. I was in the adult pool. None of the pools were handicapped accessible so I had to wobble on my but to get to the edge of the pool. Got in,had a great time. Then I had to get out. No steps with handrails only ladders. I got on the ladder with my good leg, stood up but then I had to turn to get my butt on the deck. Well it didn't work out so good the first time and jammed my shoulder a little. Second time went better but I needed to go to the room and take a painkiller and rest. My wife and mother in law went to the Nassau but didn't last long because it was hot. Nassau didn't really look that interesting. There was so much to do on the boat. I had a good time later that evening.