COLD DARK ROOM

EllieMay

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
East Texas
Good to be back! How is your crew doing?
All fine! Every day we get older;-) oldest daughter turned seventeen just after Christmas.. she still has her job and faithfully pays her insurance. ( and a BF I’m not too sure about) We are gettin as many college scholarship applications as we can
Middle daughter is great. Just went back to her other mother this week as hubby left for work Thursday. Youngest so turned 6 and remains a huge mommas boy. They are my heart...
here’s my wake up crew this mornin...

now... how are you???

2E3A445E-8E17-4D40-95CE-9B8E105C4916.jpeg

Blackdog1714

5 Year Member
Richmond, VA
All fine! Every day we get older;-) oldest daughter turned seventeen just after Christmas.. she still has her job and faithfully pays her insurance. ( and a BF I’m not too sure about) We are gettin as many college scholarship applications as we can
Middle daughter is great. Just went back to her other mother this week as hubby left for work Thursday. Youngest so turned 6 and remains a huge mommas boy. They are my heart...

now... how are you???
I remember all to well what my mom felt about the you ladies I dated growing up. Oddly the one my mom fixed me up with was definately the wildest and stomped my feelings into the ground. Whats weirder is that as adults we became good friends. I think this helped mature me so that at 23 I was able to meet and date the woman I would marry. I do have to say if the BF has a motorcycle then just get your daughter a new Phone-and have the GPS locked ON!

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
I remember all to well what my mom felt about the you ladies I dated growing up. Oddly the one my mom fixed me up with was definately the wildest and stomped my feelings into the ground. Whats weirder is that as adults we became good friends. I think this helped mature me so that at 23 I was able to meet and date the woman I would marry. I do have to say if the BF has a motorcycle then just get your daughter a new Phone-and have the GPS locked ON!
Lol!!!! It’s so hard to reconcile the “mom” feelings with the “I remember those days” feelings... daughters last boyfriend I liked... he was well mannered and didn’t mind conversations with me.. didn’t seem fake at all..... but he cheated on my daughter and broke her heart... this current one seems a little shady..".but I have decided to back off and trust daughter to make decisions...as long as I’m not worried for her safety...At seventeen, I don’t expect her to take things too seriously. She’s very independent and doubly guarded after the other experience... One thing I do know - I have lots of respect for the parents who made it through these years and still have loving children in there lives... ! I always feel like a grizzly bear caught in a hot wire

Blackdog1714

5 Year Member
Richmond, VA
Lol!!!! It’s so hard to reconcile the “mom” feelings with the “I remember those days” feelings... daughters last boyfriend I liked... he was well mannered and didn’t mind conversations with me.. didn’t seem fake at all..... but he cheated on my daughter and broke her heart... this current one seems a little shady..".but I have decided to back off and trust daughter to make decisions...as long as I’m not worried for her safety...At seventeen, I don’t expect her to take things too seriously. She’s very independent and doubly guarded after the other experience... One thing I do know - I have lots of respect for the parents who made it through these years and still have loving children in there lives... ! I always feel like a grizzly bear caught in a hot wire
It is purely because you want better for them and you are just trying to give them the benefit of your experience without having to experience it themselves. I am glad I was in the I don't want to be like my parents phase when dad my had the "drugs" talk. He had done more than a few growing up and readily shared his experiences. That was enough for me-Never touched any drugs! Sometimes the life lessons get through when you think they don't

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Good evenooning everyone. We had a late start this morning because we were out late last night. We went to London met with friends who we went to university with. Six of us made it this time which was a nice size group. We ate and drank well and talked far too much. My voice has more or less recovered now :D

Today we have been packing for our travels. We need to keep our cases under 20kg and were delighted when they weighed in at 16kg. There’s a little more to go in them, but they’ll be fine :)

We are operating on a series of lists. Even food is planned to the finest degree as I need to empty my refrigerator by Wednesday lunchtime and I don’t want to have to throw anything away. It’s looking like I might have a couple of potatoes to give to my neighbour, but that’s it :)

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Hello everyone, I finally came out of my burrow. Glad I am back on TFO again.
Hope everyone had great holidays.
Opo gave me a little flash of something pink from under his tail last week. Couldn't get a closer look before it went back in. But I think he is a he.:p
Will try to look back and see what has been going on. Hopefully it's all good news!
Welcome back Ray!
Hope you are well.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Good evenooning everyone. We had a late start this morning because we were out late last night. We went to London met with friends who we went to university with. Six of us made it this time which was a nice size group. We ate and drank well and talked far too much. My voice has more or less recovered now :D

Today we have been packing for our travels. We need to keep our cases under 20kg and were delighted when they weighed in at 16kg. There’s a little more to go in them, but they’ll be fine :)

We are operating on a series of lists. Even food is planned to the finest degree as I need to empty my refrigerator by Wednesday lunchtime and I don’t want to have to throw anything away. It’s looking like I might have a couple of potatoes to give to my neighbour, but that’s it :)
Not long to go now!!!
Will the kids be popping back to check on the house for you once in a while?

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK

now... how are you???

View attachment 285076
You have 2 very good reasons not to get out of bed there.
Let sleeping dogs and cats lie!!!

Abdulla6169

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Dubai/New York
We had a fizzle of a snowstorm today. Lots of hype, little snow, but we did get sleet & frozen rain. Kind of yucky outside in the garden.
My friends in NYC all said there was a snowstorm also! So glad my flight is scheduled 24 hrs after the storm is long gone :))

Abdulla6169

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Dubai/New York
Hello everyone, I finally came out of my burrow. Glad I am back on TFO again.
Hope everyone had great holidays.
Opo gave me a little flash of something pink from under his tail last week. Couldn't get a closer look before it went back in. But I think he is a he.:p
Will try to look back and see what has been going on. Hopefully it's all good news!
Welcome back and that is indeed the flashiest way one can hope to end their holidays LOL :p Hope your holidayz were good as welllll.... !

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
We had a fizzle of a snowstorm today. Lots of hype, little snow, but we did get sleet & frozen rain. Kind of yucky outside in the garden.
We've been hearing hype and promises since Thursday and still rain. We did get a thin coat of ice on our windshields which soon melted. Tonight we're supposed to get snow and ice. We'll see.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster

now... how are you???

View attachment 285076
What a beautiful way to wake up.