COLD DARK ROOM

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Lancaster
Get some swans. Growing up my Grandpa's buddy would let us fish on his pond, but prior to us going out to fish he would have to introduce us to the swans so they wouldn't attack us!
Well...I still think ducks are nuts. Canadian geese and and even beautiful swans are protective of their territory? At least while they're there. They even love or at the least remember you and come back to visit. Ducks just take off and never look back. One of the mallards I raised got smart alec about it and buzzed my head when he left his mother...which was me.

Blackdog1714

5 Year Member
Richmond, VA
Hello everyone, didn't go shed shopping on sat so today is the day. Cant wait to finally get this done.
Have a good tues.
May your shed shopping experience be better than mine. Sale was fine-delivery was a :mad: THe truck broke down in Hampton Roads-2.5 hours from me and no other one in region. After 3 weeks and 2 phone calls the hand rolled it onto my property

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
Not yet...I've been up since 2:30 just sitting here drinking coffee and trying to figure out how to increase 4 Sulcata outside pens into 2 larger ones the easiest way without money. I have the stuff and used to (and still want to) seriously be able to do it myself. But I'm old and, well just old...and a good portion of my pen building materials is the big cinder blocks way hard for me to carry one-handed...but...I have 2 growing Sulcata and it's just time to give them more room. The only thing I'd have to outsource is someone to cut another doggie door on the other side of the tort shed because I can't carry Knobby from his side of the shed over all that crap I sorta described to his pen. He's just grown too fat and sassy over the winter. But sitting here just thinking about it and typing this I got excited for daylight to come cuz I'm gonna plan my a** off, and do it before Spring...ok I'm gonna go drink some more coffee then run a 10K...way 005.JPG010.JPG
LOL

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hello everyone, didn't go shed shopping on sat so today is the day. Cant wait to finally get this done.
Have a good tues.
Do you have a product called Tuff Shed in Florida? They make some VERY nice sheds, however, they are a bit pricey. I'd love to have one.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Not yet...I've been up since 2:30 just sitting here drinking coffee and trying to figure out how to increase 4 Sulcata outside pens into 2 larger ones the easiest way without money. I have the stuff and used to (and still want to) seriously be able to do it myself. But I'm old and, well just old...and a good portion of my pen building materials is the big cinder blocks way hard for me to carry one-handed...but...I have 2 growing Sulcata and it's just time to give them more room. The only thing I'd have to outsource is someone to cut another doggie door on the other side of the tort shed because I can't carry Knobby from his side of the shed over all that crap I sorta described to his pen. He's just grown too fat and sassy over the winter. But sitting here just thinking about it and typing this I got excited for daylight to come cuz I'm gonna plan my a** off, and do it before Spring...ok I'm gonna go drink some more coffee then run a 10K...way View attachment 286878View attachment 286879
LOL
I'm having that old age problem too. Things I used to do only last year are very difficult for me to do now. And my income hasn't changed in the past 20 years, which means the cost of living is out pacing my ability to afford to hire anything done.

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
I'm having that old age problem too. Things I used to do only last year are very difficult for me to do now. And my income hasn't changed in the past 20 years, which means the cost of living is out pacing my ability to afford to hire anything done.
Frankly, I don't like it :p getting old is not for the weak minded...

Blackdog1714

5 Year Member
Richmond, VA
Not yet...I've been up since 2:30 just sitting here drinking coffee and trying to figure out how to increase 4 Sulcata outside pens into 2 larger ones the easiest way without money. I have the stuff and used to (and still want to) seriously be able to do it myself. But I'm old and, well just old...and a good portion of my pen building materials is the big cinder blocks way hard for me to carry one-handed...but...I have 2 growing Sulcata and it's just time to give them more room. The only thing I'd have to outsource is someone to cut another doggie door on the other side of the tort shed because I can't carry Knobby from his side of the shed over all that crap I sorta described to his pen. He's just grown too fat and sassy over the winter. But sitting here just thinking about it and typing this I got excited for daylight to come cuz I'm gonna plan my a** off, and do it before Spring...ok I'm gonna go drink some more coffee then run a 10K...way
How about a brick mason's helper it will change how to carry the cinder block for maximum grip and is $17.63 at Walmart
Goldblatt G11280 11 Brick Capacity Brick Tongs
1582646697663.png

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Frankly, I don't like it :p getting old is not for the weak minded...
Anything the 2 of you do is amazing to me. I'm only 67 and would have a hard time keeping up. Plus I'm only 91 pounds now because I gained. I've always had to make several trips to do what others can do with one. But mind over matter is the way to go. I'm sure you'll figure it out.