COLD DARK ROOM

Blackdog1714

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Richmond, VA
I'm on the CDR so ooo. You know I am. I have no visitors or people keeping me "company". It's quiet except the t.v. for Razberri.
Thats not a product of OLD it is just due to your discerning palate for Good Company. In 5 years I have had 3 people other than my wife and I in the house. Sadly one of those was a repairman!

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Thats not a product of OLD it is just due to your discerning palate for Good Company. In 5 years I have had 3 people other than my wife and I in the house. Sadly one of those was a repairman!
I agree with the good company party But...this is one of those days I haven't had company keeping me company. I love them and love their company but I also love my quiet time with my critters. Playing with my critters everyday (without worrying about time) was on my bucket list. I'm retired sooo. I'm doing it if it takes me all day.hehehe

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Happy Wednesday all...

good news on the photography front. Over the last two days I received two separate notices that my photos will be used in publications.

One by a kayaking organization called Cross Currents Sea Kayaking and the second by Baltimore’s Tall Ship group “Pride” of Baltimore.

Cross Currents Photo Selection

E3345133-7749-4BA9-A81B-6E3623A8867A.jpeg

Pride Of Baltimore

C1CD8D25-0211-423A-B1D6-AAAF9BB8F142.jpeg

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Happy Wednesday all...

good news on the photography front. Over the last two days I received two separate notices that my photos will be used in publications.

One by a kayaking organization called Cross Currents Sea Kayaking and the second by Baltimore’s Tall Ship group “Pride” of Baltimore.

Cross Currents Photo Selection

View attachment 286939

Pride Of Baltimore

View attachment 286940
I am not at all surprised by this news! Your photos are amazing. Congratulations!

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
I'm a lousy photographer. No matter how much I practice my pictures are crap.

“Professional” photographers take 100s of photos during/at an event to capture the ONE great photo. Good camera, tripods, Post processing digital enhancements. “Most people” just grab their phone, take a pix & thats good enough for FB, instagram, twitter or the in-laws!

A “better“ camera, tripod, good lighting, and some good post processing (even cropping & darkening) makes a huge difference.

My on the water photos are very often over exposed due to sunlight & conditions & reflections on the water. Same with snow or bright lights. Some darkening coupled with cropping really makes things pop.

It’s all a matter of time.

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
I'm a lousy photographer. No matter how much I practice my pictures are crap.

Me too! My hand shakes...I LOVE taking photos and posting them around or send them to my friends. I refuse to have a fone that is smarter than I so I use a camera. But I'm still bad at it...032.JPG

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
A few weeks ago the topic of conversation was 'people we miss on the Forum'. I have a diagnosed disease that is taking my memory. So for topics like that I have great memories but can't remember names...just remember those memories.
But I want to go back to that topic and say that there have been several people on this Forum who I have really liked...and here are 3 of them...the first picture is of Dale Turtlehart. In 2011 we did a secret Santa thing...Mark Adkins got this turtle and painted it to be 'Dale Turtlehart', complete with glued on sunglasses, that are still on...I am not sure why this, but the person who made this for me really touched me. I guess over the years she learned I like soft afghans and my favorite color is lavender. I received this heavy extremely well made cuddler surprize in the mail. I use it daily and freakin love it. Then there is a name I can't remember, but when Bob died in 2015, needless to say I talked about it on the chat..she has 2 daughters (under 10) and one painted me a picture on canvas. It's a tortoise with a house in the upper left that has Bob's name on it. The younger drew her picture of a tortoise that reads 'I'm so sorry'. I have never had many friends because of my sweet and wonderful personality, but the warmth showed me on this Forum from strangers has touched my heart. On the other hand...does anyone remember the contingent who protested me showing my Dale Earnhardt NASCAR 'Fear This' NASCAR flag who left and started their on-line forum because Josh didn't remove the picture of my flag? It's a freakin NASCAR flag... Anyhow, I was disliked a lot here because of my mouth. anyway...I like to think that I have changed...but don't poke the bear...

021.JPG023.JPG025.JPG019.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
A few weeks ago the topic of conversation was 'people we miss on the Forum'. I have a diagnosed disease that is taking my memory. So for topics like that I have great memories but can't remember names...just remember those memories.
But I want to go back to that topic and say that there have been several people on this Forum who I have really liked...and here are 3 of them...the first picture is of Dale Turtlehart. In 2011 we did a secret Santa thing...Mark Adkins got this turtle and painted it to be 'Dale Turtlehart', complete with glued on sunglasses, that are still on...I am not sure why this, but the person who made this for me really touched me. I guess over the years she learned I like soft afghans and my favorite color is lavender. I received this heavy extremely well made cuddler surprize in the mail. I use it daily and freakin love it. Then there is a name I can't remember, but when Bob died in 2015, needless to say I talked about it on the chat..she has 2 daughters (under 10) and one painted me a picture on canvas. It's a tortoise with a house in the upper left that has Bob's name on it. The younger drew her picture of a tortoise that reads 'I'm so sorry'. I have never had many friends because of my sweet and wonderful personality, but the warmth showed me on this Forum from strangers has touched my heart. On the other hand...does anyone remember the contingent who protested me showing my Dale Earnhardt NASCAR 'Fear This' NASCAR flag who left and started their on-line forum because Josh didn't remove the picture of my flag? It's a freakin NASCAR flag... Anyhow, I was disliked a lot here because of my mouth. anyway...I like to think that I have changed...but don't poke the bear...

oops...last photos...sorry I'm so wordy today...

026.JPG027.JPG029.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Good morning all & happy Wednesday. I need some of your motivation I think!
The same to you...but with all you do I probably need some of your motivation. I've been a couch potato for several days as soon as I get a chance. At least my animals get their stuff done though. Joe's the biggest one and it's downhill from there.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster

View attachment 286944View attachment 286945View attachment 286946View attachment 286947
I enjoy a good conversation just promise you'll forget my name when we're done.? I tried to blow a smiley face sometimes this site will let me sometimes it won't.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
“Professional” photographers take 100s of photos during/at an event to capture the ONE great photo. Good camera, tripods, Post processing digital enhancements. “Most people” just grab their phone, take a pix & thats good enough for FB, instagram, twitter or the in-laws!

A “better“ camera, tripod, good lighting, and some good post processing (even cropping & darkening) makes a huge difference.

My on the water photos are very often over exposed due to sunlight & conditions & reflections on the water. Same with snow or bright lights. Some darkening coupled with cropping really makes things pop.

It’s all a matter of time.
Yep. That's the only reason I bought a smart phone. By the time you set up a tripod etc...the picture got away.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Bernie Sanders keeps playing his political commercial that shows the clip of JFK saying, "We chose to go to the moon not because it was easy, but because it was hard." This is so stupid. We didn't go to the moon because it was hard. Can't you just see those space agency guys sitting around the table wondering how to spend their money? "I know, let's go to the moon because it's hard. That's a good reason to do something, right?"