COLD DARK ROOM

EllieMay

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
East Texas
Hi again managed to get up to speed with you all.
I am so glad not to read that anyone has the virus and that you are all well.

Our schools are shut so I'm home all day. I have to visit the local Aldi store every couple of days to stock up with Lola's food, because the weeds aren't grown enough yet. I don't take too long about it though and scurry back home asap. It wouldn't surprise me if I've had the virus having had 3 different coughs since end of October, but as we can't be tested yet I'm not taking chances. We aren't even supposed to visit our own families but there are families in my street who seem to be carrying on as normal with people coming and going all the time.

My brother starts radiotherapy next week and I have had to stay away from him for a while which is hard because he needs the stimulation and company - but he doesn't need covid 19 so best to stay away. He is still confused and blissfully unaware of how ill he is. The steroids he is on have been making him very anxious and agitated so he has to be sedated a few times but the docs have now reviewed and changed his meds so hopefully he will be calmer. It is very sad to see him so stressed.

The weather has been beautiful but still chilly in the mornings and evening for the last week which is great but means the nasty neighbours who aren't working now, are in the garden effing and blinding most of the day.:( Still - there are worse things to worry about now.

Lola is well and 'self isolating' for most of the time - he loves his cosy house.
I put him on the grass yesterday afternoon as it was very warm but he panicked and moved faster than he has for a long time and went straight back indoors into his den. ?
He is eating well but only if it is left inside his door!

I'll should be able to pop in more often now so hopefully will speak to you soon.

Lyn, I’ll continue to pray for y’all.. I’m glad to see you pop in.. stay safe please.
Hugs!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Stay safe everyone.
The world has changed somewhat since my last post only a couple of weeks ago.
We have a shortage of eggs.
Please take care.
Lots of virtual elbow bumps,
Adam, wifey and Tidgy.
And to you, Adam. Say hello to "Wifey" from us here on the Forum.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Stay safe everyone.
The world has changed somewhat since my last post only a couple of weeks ago.
We have a shortage of eggs.
Please take care.
Lots of virtual elbow bumps,
Adam, wifey and Tidgy.
I thought it was something I did wrong on my phone and maybe it was. I thought I saw you so I said hay...instead of cheese.?

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Hi again managed to get up to speed with you all.
I am so glad not to read that anyone has the virus and that you are all well.

Our schools are shut so I'm home all day. I have to visit the local Aldi store every couple of days to stock up with Lola's food, because the weeds aren't grown enough yet. I don't take too long about it though and scurry back home asap. It wouldn't surprise me if I've had the virus having had 3 different coughs since end of October, but as we can't be tested yet I'm not taking chances. We aren't even supposed to visit our own families but there are families in my street who seem to be carrying on as normal with people coming and going all the time.

My brother starts radiotherapy next week and I have had to stay away from him for a while which is hard because he needs the stimulation and company - but he doesn't need covid 19 so best to stay away. He is still confused and blissfully unaware of how ill he is. The steroids he is on have been making him very anxious and agitated so he has to be sedated a few times but the docs have now reviewed and changed his meds so hopefully he will be calmer. It is very sad to see him so stressed.

The weather has been beautiful but still chilly in the mornings and evening for the last week which is great but means the nasty neighbours who aren't working now, are in the garden effing and blinding most of the day.:( Still - there are worse things to worry about now.

Lola is well and 'self isolating' for most of the time - he loves his cosy house.
I put him on the grass yesterday afternoon as it was very warm but he panicked and moved faster than he has for a long time and went straight back indoors into his den. ?
He is eating well but only if it is left inside his door!

I'll should be able to pop in more often now so hopefully will speak to you soon.
I'll be hoping and praying for your brother. Maybe the change of meds will help a lot. I recently found out from my lung doctor that steroids are why I can't use some inhalers and nasal sprays. Agitation is only one reason I can't. But it's bad when it happens. I love her because She respected me enough to not say "that is too rare. Go ahead and take it." I want to put Saphire out so bad...but usually March is a bit too early. After I do that he starts begging with his little puppy tortoise eyes everyday even when there's a cold spell. I'll wait until April for the underground warm up because I can't stand to tell him no. Hope your time in lockdown goes well and you can get to see your brother in person soon.

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
good Afternoon all! I tried to post a funny pic but the internet is just overloaded and crap ain’t working right... we had a rain come in and my cucumbers got some much needed water.. the rain brought a cool front which has been really nice.. I am slowly going crazy.. I love my family very much but I NEED my alone time...

Chubbs the tegu

Ma
good Afternoon all! I tried to post a funny pic but the internet is just overloaded and crap ain’t working right... we had a rain come in and my cucumbers got some much needed water.. the rain brought a cool front which has been really nice.. I am slowly going crazy.. I love my family very much but I NEED my alone time...
AMEN!