COLD DARK ROOM

CarolM

Location (City and/or State)
South Africa - Cape Town
Well...I kinda stay home anyway...but really and truely I wouldn't know what hit me. Shortness of breath, weird body aches, sneezing and couphing are tipacle for me. My little tortoise keeps me fighting though...and I'd rather be watching him anyway...sooo I'm good☺
I know what you mean. Every time my throat feels slightly scratchy or I feel Hot (and I normally struggle with always feeling very hot - pre-menapause symptoms) or my body aches (and here I have to decide if it is a fluey kind of ache or just my normal body aches and pains) I start stressing if I have somehow caught it and am I going to infect my husband who is diabetic. It is really ridiculous.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Good Morning Everyone.

It is Wednesday and thank goodness April fools day is over. I never celebrate or try and trick anyone anymore. When Stephen and I were first trying to get pregnant, on April fools I phoned my mother-in-law and told that I was pregnant. She got so so so excited and I felt absolutely terrible when I had to tell her April fools. That I have never played a trick on anybody ever again.

Did any of you play any tricks on anybody?

Enjoy your hump day.

1585809224391.png

1585809270094.png

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Our schools have made contingency plans to teach the kids online, But I don't know how they are going to be able to sort out the kids who don't have access to the online teaching forums.
Schooling has been suspended. There is actually no legal obligatIon for the schools to attempt to educate the children in their absence at all. (That’s England, not sure about Wales) That they are trying to is credit to the professionals like you working in them :)

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Good morning all! I like all the activity goin on in here.... skin-works, mental health, farming at its best, and general discussion... Y’all are my therapy too;-) ( but I’m not writing any checks !) @Maro2Bear I did locate a cluster of mistletoe with some berries still that I believe I can get down... I have to take my dog in for therapy Friday morning so I will try to get it down tomorrow so I can get it by the post office Friday... it’s a solid plan;-)
My garden is just getting started but the cucumbers and watermelons are looking great. The strawberries are super slow but it looks like I have a bunch of them coming up now. I put together a tiny green house and have moved a few of my tropical out.. the chameleon has been getting to go hang out in it daily. Yesterday I found a tree frog visiting with him. I worry for his food. I can’t buy crickets or super worms right now and he won’t eat the pelleted food. I had to go catch crickets and dig super worms yesterday.. they say that you aren’t suppose to give them wild caught bugs due to an unexposed immune system.... it’s either these or starvation ?

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Good morning all! I like all the activity goin on in here.... skin-works, mental health, farming at its best, and general discussion... Y’all are my therapy too;-) ( but I’m not writing any checks !) @Maro2Bear I did locate a cluster of mistletoe with some berries still that I believe I can get down... I have to take my dog in for therapy Friday morning so I will try to get it down tomorrow so I can get it by the post office Friday... it’s a solid plan;-)
My garden is just getting started but the cucumbers and watermelons are looking great. The strawberries are super slow but it looks like I have a bunch of them coming up now. I put together a tiny green house and have moved a few of my tropical out.. the chameleon has been getting to go hang out in it daily. Yesterday I found a tree frog visiting with him. I worry for his food. I can’t buy crickets or super worms right now and he won’t eat the pelleted food. I had to go catch crickets and dig super worms yesterday.. they say that you aren’t suppose to give them wild caught bugs due to an unexposed immune system.... it’s either these or starvation ?

Wow! Lots going on there! Tks for looking at the mistletoe berries! I can’t believe it’s warm enough for your watermelons to be sprouting! ?

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
Good Morning Everyone.

It is Wednesday and thank goodness April fools day is over. I never celebrate or try and trick anyone anymore. When Stephen and I were first trying to get pregnant, on April fools I phoned my mother-in-law and told that I was pregnant. She got so so so excited and I felt absolutely terrible when I had to tell her April fools. That I have never played a trick on anybody ever again.

Did any of you play any tricks on anybody?

Enjoy your hump day.

View attachment 289491

View attachment 289492
I never played any tricks on April Fools Day...but it's important to me in that April 1st 2020 marks 34 continuous years of sobriety in Alcoholics Anonymous...guess the joke's on me...

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Just received this Seed Catalog.... some misc good looking grasses too.

Blackdog1714

5 Year Member
Richmond, VA
I can mail some crickets that have auto generated in my new enclosure?

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Oh Shame. Rose sounds like an awesome partner and I can understand that maybe it is hard for her to step back. She probably cannot seperate her looking after and making sure that you are okay at home to letting go to someone else while you are doing therapy. At least she cares and is not someone who couldn't care less whether you fell or not.
I agree! Rose is committed to giving me the best care she can. You are right about it being hard for Rose to give my well being to someone else.
Gotta love her❤

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
I never played any tricks on April Fools Day...but it's important to me in that April 1st 2020 marks 34 continuous years of sobriety in Alcoholics Anonymous...guess the joke's on me...
That's great on your sobriety.
July 5 2003 is my sobriety date. Coming up for 17 years clean and serene!