COLD DARK ROOM

Billna the 2

Location (City and/or State)
Smoaks sc
Florida just started theirs. Ohio has had a stay home directive since earlier in March. They just started being more restricted in the stores. I wouldn't be able to stand in a long line to grocery shop anyway. Sooo I'd better get with it and learn how to shop online. Sit on my but and drive, then let them load it...hehehe
Haha true that, they have the same thing here in SC (Stores)

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Finally we got some rain. Been a steady but not a downpour since 2pm and still raining at 10pm.?
Hopefully the fence will be here tomorrow. They said it would be Monday if their sat. job is finished.
So we will see!
Hope everyone had a good weekend.

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Well ... happy Monday. Awfully quiet in here! I’m sitting down at our park watching my kid drive monster trucks in the sand.. Cinder and I have waded and splashed in the really cold water and now are taking a break. Had lots of work to do this morning (for my work) but caught up pretty quickly.. it’s a nice day here to be outdoors.. about 75F and breezy...

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Good afternooon/evening all.
Another bunch of posts to catch up with, so looking forward to that.
Just heard that our PM who's had covid 19 for the last 10 days has been moved into the intensive care unit at hospital, so although I haven't been his biggest fan I am hoping he pulls through.
Speak later.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
We are going to do some wood working, wifey wants to bake something....maybe a cake or bread. First need to see what we have in the cupboard before we get any fancy recipe. More gardening too...

A bit overcast & chilly. I was going to get out on the water, but the cool early rain & no sunshine changed my mind.
Tomorrow looking much nicer & Monday in the 70’s. I can choose to be picky.

Some lawn raking, perennial pruning & maybe a fire too. Ogh...garden fountain needs to be cleaned up, maybe painted & get outside.

I think i have enough to work on. ?

Ps - Perhaps some have seen the boating accident in Maryland involving one of the Kennedys. This happened right where I kayak all the time...

That is so sad!

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
For a few months to come now, I’ll get a nice colander full of dandelion blossoms for our Sully. These blossoms are loved even more than Mazuri!

Id guess a few billion seeds!
View attachment 289728
Lola loves the leaves but for some reason won't eat the flowers. He's very picky!

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Well...seeds for the birdies. I have to watch Saphire. He'll eat the poof balls too. I just wonder though. I was thinking they spread best by the root or at least keep growing if you can't harvest the whole root.
I've managed to grow some by harvesting the fluffy seed heads, but they don't seem to establish and grow back the next year.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
, member: 121772"]
Lol.i am mad, lol I have teens.haga

Ours are and k-12, for the rest of the year, I am kinda twisted about the rest of the year though, I get why, but I am worried about next year, and my son not being able to keep up from missing the last part of 11th grade, but on the other hand, I want everyone safe too, so I am just not sure if going back early, or in may into June, would have been better,I guess it will be what it is, just have to see when we get there , I guess
[/QUOTE]

Our schools will probably be shut until Sept. As a teacher it's a very strange situation. I was off school this time last year for months because of a broken leg. I'm getting too used to these short years!!

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
We’ve been out in the back garden all day. Edging, pruning, weeding. I did cobble together a very crude but functional water fountain/feature. A few big ol flower pots, a pretty powerful pump, some 3/4 inch plastic tubing & a few pieces of duct tape. Bam! Garden Fountain. I’ll put this one in the back garden for the birdies & other critters.

I think a few more warm days like today and I’ll plant all my sunflower seeds.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I've managed to grow some by harvesting the fluffy seed heads, but they don't seem to establish and grow back the next year.
Maybe birds and critters are eating on the little seedlings, sprouts, etc..before they can get a deep enough root to establish their domain. My home already looks crazy enough. Don't give me any ideas! The next thing you know I'm gonna have dandelion flowers growing in Saphire's indoor enclosure year-round.?