COLD DARK ROOM

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Lancaster
Sheesh! I do my grocery shopping online and it's delivered to my door. Today instead of 7 bags of various greens I got 7 bags of green beans - to the tune of $25. The bags of greens would have cost about $16. I don't feed green beans. Why on earth would someone think green beans is an acceptable substitute for leafy greens?
Yea people aren't making any sense. Even the news and my grocery store preached eat more leafy greens before everyone discovered that they might need to wash their hands and clean a little more then they usually do...because of some virus. Whatever. They owe you the right order and your change. ⛅?

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Yep
Tuna fish cans buried down level with beer inside. Snails n slugs love the yeasty smell & drown.
Yep! and it doesn't matter if they get some rain. It still works. It also helps prevent a green fly infestation etc...I do mine above ground so I can dump them easier. I don't want my critters partying all night and day with a good beer buzz?

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I moved to Oregon 15 years ago from Calif...it rains 7 months outa the year. Any piece of wood, or brick or plastic or almost anything else laying around has big, slimy, horrid, homeless snails called slugs under it. I was totally freaked out by them...but I had a buncha box turtles and water turtles...so I'd put on kitchen gloves and grab a tweezers and a jar and I'd go collect said uglies. 15 years later...almost no slugs to be found...and when I see one now,,,I capture it barehanded and walk it over to my favorite Eastern Box turtle and I so much enjoy seeing her slug smile...how times have changed...
?

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
HA! Thanks for remembering. I'm on the road to recovery but I sure was a lot sicker than any of us realized. I'm doing mimimal housework, have to feed the birds daily...sold 6 babies in the middle of being sick...that made it easier for me...the big torts come and go so they were fine. I've lost 12 lbs...size 4 skinny jeans...woo hoo!!!
Hot mama!! I’m glad your feeling better and being successful :) I need some of your skinny!!

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
That is SO cute!
Yea and Joe really wanted to do that little painting. After I showed him a screen shot of Cinder's play date he really wanted to do it. He's starting to enjoy painting dogs in his pictures again. Once again the TFO is making a positive influence for me. I can't hardly wait for him to start putting more of his humor into it.

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Yea and Joe really wanted to do that little painting. After I showed him a screen shot of Cinder's play date he really wanted to do it. He's starting to enjoy painting dogs in his pictures again. Once again the TFO is making a positive influence for me. I can't hardly wait for him to start putting more of his humor into it.
I sent a photo of it to my sister ( she owns the other bulldog) and told her the story behind the artist and you... She is a family practice doctor and and wants to display a print in her office.. she was really moved !

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Maybe soon you'll get to do your PT. I've seen the federal.gov is going to make them open everything. It's doing more harm then good shutting everyone down. Best hopes and prayers and looks like you're achieving some progress anyway.
Thanks Cathie, I could go back to PT now. My doctor won't give me permission because I have to many underlying conditions. I am going to order a workout mat to do some of my floor exercises to strengthen my back. I need to get ready because next April my 4 son's and I are going on a private fishing charter to the Dry Tortugas. We will be sleeping on the boat for 3 days. We are going 75 miles out in the Gulf of Mexico from Key West. I am not sure when I can go back to PT.So I need to start at home.