COLD DARK ROOM

Blackdog1714

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Richmond, VA
Enjoyed a hot one today outside finishing up the chicken coop redo. No treated lumber to be found so plain pine and a garden torch=shou sugi ban. The wood looks awesome after it’s charred, but it adds a longer and hotter step. Oh well the wife is happy so ?. The fence is just temporary to stop the dogs from tramping the flowers. The smaller coop is my quarantine coop for the new ones. Total- 2 Cochins, 3 Cochin/deathlayers & 3 polish deathlayers.

C3DC2CB2-F4FF-49E6-BCBF-AF48FBCF1AA7.jpegB3007551-AF20-4503-8873-01DBC483CC74.jpeg971EE057-D917-417B-823C-663939329964.jpegE20774B4-543F-4A4C-BDD2-6DDAC993A089.jpeg

Chubbs the tegu

Ma
Enjoyed a hot one today outside finishing up the chicken coop redo. No treated lumber to be found so plain pine and a garden torch=shou sugi ban. The wood looks awesome after it’s charred, but it adds a longer and hotter step. Oh well the wife is happy so ?. The fence is just temporary to stop the dogs from tramping the flowers. The smaller coop is my quarantine coop for the new ones. Total- 2 Cochins, 3 Cochin/deathlayers & 3 polish deathlayers.
Nice job man. I almost got a few silkies this spring but didnt wanna end up w 3 roosters lol

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas

View attachment 299872View attachment 299873View attachment 299874View attachment 299875
Nice! Never heard them called deathlayers before... lol

Lokkje

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Phoenix
The temperature at my house today was 116. I had some work I had to do outside and now I feel sick. Happily, there were some really cute quail in my backyard. It looks like they hatched back there and they’re very tiny. It looks like two sets of parents and 17 babies from what I could count. I’m so jealous of the chickens. I wanted to have chickens but the people in the house immediately above me on the mountain refused to sign a waiver and so I couldn’t have them. They said they would be way too noisy. The only things that are noisy are them. Their dog would probably kill them anyway as he’s always trying to jump my fence.

Pastel Tortie

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
North Florida

View attachment 299872View attachment 299873View attachment 299874View attachment 299875
A bunch of deathlayers... Sounds like science fiction. Next thing you'll tell me, there's a robot chicken running around... ;)