COLD DARK ROOM

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Palm Bay Fl
Bless Roses heart!!!

Let me find a picture of how we sleep at night.. and you’ll see why I sympathize....

Here it is!View attachment 299989
That's adorable! We don't have furry pets because Rose is allergic. If Opo would sleep in our bed. I would let him.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
??? Rose swears that when I have a bad day so does Opo. She thinks if I am not the one doing the morning routine with Opo. He sulks and stays in one of his hides all day.
I believe Rose. When I go into Saphire's room in the morning, he turns around and comes out of his hide to greet me. If I'm late, he may be out but he's been watching and waiting. He then waltzes over to his food tile. But he's still begging with his eyes to go outside. He'll actually try to stand really tall if I give him a back rub. The problem is he'll actually try to stand tall for my brother too. Maybe Opo has you both in training...

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
You could visit around that time too, right? ;) How long has it been since you've been to Florida?
I left in 2004. I liked it but needed my family more. I'm weird though. Also anything under 78° I get chilly. I hated the winter there as much as I do here. We could do zoom.?

Pastel Tortie

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
North Florida
I left in 2004. I liked it but needed my family more. I'm weird though. Also anything under 78° I get chilly. I hated the winter there as much as I do here. We could do zoom.?
If you left Florida in 2004... I figured that hurricane season might have blown you back to Ohio!

Lokkje

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Phoenix
So sunday I decide to pluck some prickly pear fruit as a treat for the tortoises and of course I get a glochid in the finger. This morning I had to lance the danged thing as it infected. The tortoises were so happy though. It is a special treat. I found a recipe to make prickly pear wine. Take a dozen prickly pears, remove the glochids, stab several times, put in a liter jar with a half cup of sugar or honey and fill the jar with water. Put a loose lid on the jar. 3 times a day tighten the lid and shake the jar. Taste after a week. Add sugar to taste while fermenting. Continue shaking, tasting and sugaring up to a month. Strain it when satisfied, put in fridge and get drunk with it within 3 days. Easy! You’re welcome.
From the Wildcrafting Brewer

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Wow.. is the virus bad over there? Its getting crazy again over here since everybody is getting comfortable again.
Unfortunately it is hitting it's peak which is actually expected to last into September. But yes even though our numbers are still small compared to other countries, the number of cases per day is rising. But on the other hand I also do not trust this government to be doing the job properly. mmmm Better not say anything more since we are not supposed to be talking politics on here.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Enjoyed a hot one today outside finishing up the chicken coop redo. No treated lumber to be found so plain pine and a garden torch=shou sugi ban. The wood looks awesome after it’s charred, but it adds a longer and hotter step. Oh well the wife is happy so ?. The fence is just temporary to stop the dogs from tramping the flowers. The smaller coop is my quarantine coop for the new ones. Total- 2 Cochins, 3 Cochin/deathlayers & 3 polish deathlayers.

View attachment 299872View attachment 299873View attachment 299874View attachment 299875
Very Nice Job.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Urban dictionary.
Shaking my head
Typically used when something is obvious, plain old stupid, or disappointment.
I use urban dictionary to understand my 20 something nephew when I know he is neing disrespectful. Whipper snappers
How old are you if I may ask? (I am a woman so I can ask. ;)) And just so that you don't feel targeted I am 47years old.