COLD DARK ROOM

EllieMay

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
East Texas
I blanched some zucchini in the microwave for the beardies. Red Lady hadn't been over to Indy's tank in a while, so they both got dinner (separate platters) in Indy's tank.

You should have seen the look on Red Lady's face when she watched Indy getting hand fed... Red Lady: "I didn't even know that was an option!"
Some of us (ME ME ME MEEEEEE ) would love to see more pictures of these moments!

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I've just gotten to the point where I'm pretty comfortable putting binding on the sides of cloth fabric masks (skills learned / honed due to COVID). The masks I've been making are from the AB Mask By a Nurse for a Nurse pattern. They have pleats across the front, binding around all the edges, and the binding across the top and bottom extends into fabric ties.
That's reads like the mask I've been sewing.up. Mine are basically the same but with fabric ties on the top. Then a slide over on the bottom that pulls the mask tighter if needed.

1595289609653861933106.jpg

Pastel Tortie

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
North Florida
Some of us (ME ME ME MEEEEEE ) would love to see more pictures of these moments!
Unfortunately, they don't give much warning when there's about to be a good photo op. Especially when Indy is wanting his zucchini hand fed. I actually cut up their squash differently for each lizard. Since Red Lady feeds herself, she gets it cubed and piled up as high as I can make it on her platter (plastic lid). With Indy, I cut it into slices, like large(-ish) lizard-size cold cuts, so I can hand feed him without being reminded that those little teeth do hurt if they get you accidentally.

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
You should sell postcards... it’s gorgeous! How do you black out the back ground?

It’s a secret. ?

Ok....takes time, but in EDIT mode on the iPad you can select a stylus to free hand draw things in misc colors. In this case, we choose Black and basically erase the entire background, leaving only the image you want. There are different widths so fine widrth around the edge then broad sweeps for the remaining.

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
That's reads like the mask I've been sewing.up. Mine are basically the same but with fabric ties on the top. Then a slide over on the bottom that pulls the mask tighter if needed.

View attachment 300669
Oh that's cute I have about 11 different masks to match my clothes, tortoises, turtles, race cars, NASCAR checkered flag. I fancy up my eye make up, pick a match to my clothes and off I go...I love wearing masks and becoming different. Put glitter on your eyes, what fun!

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
It’s a secret. ?

Ok....takes time, but in EDIT mode on the iPad you can select a stylus to free hand draw things in misc colors. In this case, we choose Black and basically erase the entire background, leaving only the image you want. There are different widths so fine widrth around the edge then broad sweeps for the remaining.
Thank you Sir!! I’m going to try it when I get home:)

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Oh that's cute I have about 11 different masks to match my clothes, tortoises, turtles, race cars, NASCAR checkered flag. I fancy up my eye make up, pick a match to my clothes and off I go...I love wearing masks and becoming different. Put glitter on your eyes, what fun!
Picture please!! I want to see the glittery eyes ?

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I had to wear them anyway because of allergies. The cloth ones work so much better. I think it's fun too. Around here we compliment each other on our cute mask. Now I look normal.?

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
View attachment 300721
Not the best pic but I’m pretty sure this is Gracie ( the fawn I raised two years ago ) with her first baby:)
Aww so cute. She probably is Gracie with her baby. I had a robin living here for several years. I kinda looked out for him when he arrived as a baby. I made sure everyone knew he was a baby hanging out in our yards. I could tell when it was him around my yard. He loved singing with my zebra finches.

Pastel Tortie

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
North Florida
Aww so cute. She probably is Gracie with her baby. I had a robin living here for several years. I kinda looked out for him when he arrived as a baby. I made sure everyone knew he was a baby hanging out in our yards. I could tell when it was him around my yard. He loved singing with my zebra finches.
How sweet, the robin singing with your finches! Were they doing karaoke? ;)