COLD DARK ROOM

CarolM

Location (City and/or State)
South Africa - Cape Town
Sjoe. That took me a little while to catch up. Looks like you guys are getting busier.
Phoenix is super super cute. He is starting to get used to us. We spent the whole of yesterday getting what we would need to make his enclosure bio- active plus two heating pads for the feeder insects tubs. We need to make them happy too, so they can breed.

A little video of Phoenix. Enjoy. I will post pics of his enclosure once we have set it up.

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
When the work was first finished the system was making 28kwh a day. This means someone needs to get up there and wash the dust off the panels. Not me, man!

what about using a power washer on low ?? Blast that up there and one two three ... cleaned. And you stay on the ground..?
??

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
Sjoe. That took me a little while to catch up. Looks like you guys are getting busier.
Phoenix is super super cute. He is starting to get used to us. We spent the whole of yesterday getting what we would need to make his enclosure bio- active plus two heating pads for the feeder insects tubs. We need to make them happy too, so they can breed.

A little video of Phoenix. Enjoy. I will post pics of his enclosure once we have set it up.

OMG!!!! HHOOOWWWW CCUUUTTTEEE!!!!!!!! ??????

Pastel Tortie

North Florida
I even made a special stop this afternoon at the Petco near my local quilt shop. I was on that side of town for a class (really to get me out of the house so I can work on a couple projects-in-progress), and my brain was tired. I was tired. Still, it didn't take much persuading to get me to check in Petco to see if they had any hornworms. The beardies love them. No luck. Text to my other half: Tell Indy I tried.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I even made a special stop this afternoon at the Petco near my local quilt shop. I was on that side of town for a class (really to get me out of the house so I can work on a couple projects-in-progress), and my brain was tired. I was tired. Still, it didn't take much persuading to get me to check in Petco to see if they had any hornworms. The beardies love them. No luck. Text to my other half: Tell Indy I tried.
Quilting is a nice restful activity while watching critters. Sounds like a win win...

Pastel Tortie

North Florida
Quilting is a nice restful activity while watching critters. Sounds like a win win...
Well, my sewing table will be more available the next few days... I won't have to reserve it on evenings (and/or weekends, but he'll be back by then) while my other half is traveling the next few days.

Red Lady has been watching with interest, as there's been a suitcase on the side of the bed closest to her enclosure. "Sorry, sweetheart, no romantic weekend this time..." I think she was wondering what to pack for her cats-free getaway with Indy!

Pastel Tortie

North Florida
I blanched some zucchini in the microwave for the beardies. Red Lady hadn't been over to Indy's tank in a while, so they both got dinner (separate platters) in Indy's tank.

You should have seen the look on Red Lady's face when she watched Indy getting hand fed... Red Lady: "I didn't even know that was an option!"

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Well, my sewing table will be more available the next few days... I won't have to reserve it on evenings (and/or weekends, but he'll be back by then) while my other half is traveling the next few days.

Red Lady has been watching with interest, as there's been a suitcase on the side of the bed closest to her enclosure. "Sorry, sweetheart, no romantic weekend this time..." I think she was wondering what to pack for her cats-free getaway with Indy!
Sounds fun. My favorite thing to do is take a day off and just hand stitch and watch...

Pastel Tortie

North Florida
Sounds fun. My favorite thing to do is take a day off and just hand stitch and watch...
I have a lap quilt that I machines stitched the binding onto the front of the quilt, but it's been hanging in my laundry room for a year or so now because I still need to hand stitch the binding to the back. I think I know what I'll be doing when our vehicle needs to go in for maintenance in a few weeks. ;)

Pastel Tortie

North Florida
I've just gotten to the point where I'm pretty comfortable putting binding on the sides of cloth fabric masks (skills learned / honed due to COVID). The masks I've been making are from the AB Mask By a Nurse for a Nurse pattern. They have pleats across the front, binding around all the edges, and the binding across the top and bottom extends into fabric ties.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I swear, Indy (male bearded dragon) gives better "judging harshly" looks than any of my Cat-mittee. Maybe they're the ones who taught him how to side-eye.
It used to make me mad when my mother would say that Dilly was the ugliest cat she'd ever seen. Until I saw his ugly cat face up close and personal. ? I never believed it.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I have a lap quilt that I machines stitched the binding onto the front of the quilt, but it's been hanging in my laundry room for a year or so now because I still need to hand stitch the binding to the back. I think I know what I'll be doing when our vehicle needs to go in for maintenance in a few weeks. ;)
Stitching nags me too. Sometimes I stick it out like a sore thumb so I'll get it done.