COLD DARK ROOM

Pastel Tortie

Location (City and/or State)
North Florida
Hi there, hot as hell here, just not doing real well. There's nothing wrong really, but whatever it is I have lost 11 pounds in 3 daze. Torts are lovin playing in the sprinkler all day. They are so funny, keep their body under the sprinkler with their heads out.
Is that fat lizard guy still hanging out here?
Haven't seen him so far today. A few days ago, his uncle had a spleen rupture, so like @Pistachio's Pamperer said (above)... He's been more quiet lately.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
What you've missed... Is more of an essay question than a short answer. Maybe more of a novel. ;)

I have been on the Forum less time than @EllieMay, but welcome back!

I'm Anne, and I live in North Florida. I did live in the UK for about three years, but that was around 15 years ago. Near Blackpool and outside of Leeds.
Yep.

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Warm hose water is one thing... Hot hose water would be another matter. Of course, I know you already know that.
Yes , I have to run the water out of the hose before I can fill anything.. whatever has been trapped in the line is boiling...but once you get to the water coming out of the tank, it’s pretty cool..

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
I’m pretty sure she does. Had them cleaned & a solar guy to tweak them not too long ago.
I have someone coming out Wednesday morning to do an evaluation here for solar panels.. we have had so many trees that it wasn’t an option but I’m hoping for a different verdict since we have cut so much now.. our electricity can hit $450 in these hot months.. There are a lot of grants out right now for installation costs here in Texas...