COLD DARK ROOM

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Fes, Morocco
Two from first relationship. Boy and girl. It’s been tough these last few months. I’m HOPING they come home in next couple of weeks. They are at moment in Lincolnshire. I’m in Nottinghamshire.
Lincolnshire had a fair few cases so like notts was placed on lockdown. It’s slowly lifting. So I’m hoping they can come home. I can’t hack the tears from Chloe on phone any longer
I am terribly sorry that you are separated from your children.
It must be very hard for you all.
But you should have a medal for following the guidelines.
Thank you.

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
I think that's the same virus around 1920ish. I think they did call that one the Spanish flue. Then there was the Asian flue. Then there's measles and what have you. AIDS.etc...sometimes I feel like we're all in a game of Russian roulette. Which virus is gonna pick me off first? Somehow I made it this far and thankful for every day ❤
I think you're speaking of the Spanish Flu (which wasn't Spanish) of 1918 to 1919. It is estimated to have killed a minimum of 50 million people. This was H1N1 . It killed more people than the whole of the preceding World War 1 (1914-1918).

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
OK Cheeseheads a few of my favorite starting at 12 o’clock we have our Gorgonzola and it’s Gorgonzola dolce which I like to eat with pears, then we have our men Checo cheese, then we have our Cottswald, then we have our cloth pound cheddar at 6 o’clock, and we have our delicious caveman blue and in the center our gruyere. Now that’s cheese.
+ 100
-2 as it should be Gruyère.
And I think that should be Cotswold? Another -5.
And what is Checo cheese? I am very interested.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
@Tidgy's Dad Adam it is so good to not see you back in the CDR. Montgomery is beside himself. I have given him a good dust and scratch behind the ears just now to apologise for neglecting our favourite coffee table of late :)

We currently have Extra Mature Cheddar (who doesn’t?), Gruyère and a very fine Stilton in the fridge... just to ensure we can check we haven’t lost our sense of taste of course :D

To all the new friends in the CDR, welcome! It is great to have the place bustling again. I will try not to crash into you in the gloom. Has anyone seen that rainbow-glow jellyfish? That’s new! It’s very cool :)

The one-legged pirate just brought me my decaf coffee, so I think I’ll pull up an Aardvark and make myself comfortable as I have a quiet morning ahead. :)

This afternoon my best friend is coming round for a socially distanced cuppa in the garden. She has bad Crohn’s Disease and is on immunosuppressants. She has been isolating from everyone, even her family, and is struggling with the real world. So I invited her to come round with her own drink and chair anwe can chat outside at a distance to help her get used to being out again.
Oh shame I feel for your friend. I hope she enjoys her time out and her tea time with you.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
I've never smelled it before. Maybe that's why. Just as well, then.
Trust me, you don't want to smell it. It smells horrible and that smell was just the biscuits we were given. I don't even want to know what the actual fruit smells like. Although I have heard that it is very good for you. I wonder if anybody has tested to see if the Durian fruit would be able to cure the corona virus? If I was a virus and smelt that smell coming towards me I would run for the hills. ?

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
That’s one hell of an expensive coffee and nibbles. Geeeez are they coated in gold ?.
Have a tort pic instead of a sulky pumpkin ?.
Dept cleared ??

oh and pic of a red foot ornament on eBay I found WHICH I’ve ordered and hehe
Hmmm.
Nice enough.
But I want my money.
I'm living in a poor, third word, African country with no income, you know.
How can I be expected to manage to import the finest cheese and wine during this pandemic without ripping people off?

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
unfortunately not no. Neighbours are back at work.
I’m laid in bed but geez I feel so rotten.
I was ok yesterday morning. Then come afternoon I started to feel sluggish like all my energy had been sucked right outta me. Then come evening I started aching and head started pulsing like there’s pressure on front of my head left side.
chest feels like some bugger is giving me one hell of a bear hug. Temp was 38.3 it’s gone up to 38.7
hoping this doctor calls me back soon. But I’ll keep you updated ?
I think this is all because you met me.
Tis a normal reaction.
You'll be fine in a while.
but still wishing you all the best and thinking of you.

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
@Tidgy's Dad Adam it is so good to not see you back in the CDR. Montgomery is beside himself. I have given him a good dust and scratch behind the ears just now to apologise for neglecting our favourite coffee table of late :)

We currently have Extra Mature Cheddar (who doesn’t?), Gruyère and a very fine Stilton in the fridge... just to ensure we can check we haven’t lost our sense of taste of course :D

To all the new friends in the CDR, welcome! It is great to have the place bustling again. I will try not to crash into you in the gloom. Has anyone seen that rainbow-glow jellyfish? That’s new! It’s very cool :)

The one-legged pirate just brought me my decaf coffee, so I think I’ll pull up an Aardvark and make myself comfortable as I have a quiet morning ahead. :)

This afternoon my best friend is coming round for a socially distanced cuppa in the garden. She has bad Crohn’s Disease and is on immunosuppressants. She has been isolating from everyone, even her family, and is struggling with the real world. So I invited her to come round with her own drink and chair anwe can chat outside at a distance to help her get used to being out again.
Nice you're back as well, Linda.
The insane world isn't quite the same without you.

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
@mystic queen I really hope you feel better soon... and good morning to everyone else..

I have to admit that I didn’t know what durian was... now I don’t think I want to get near;-)

the thunder is rolling here but no rain is forthcoming..

Golden Greek Tortoise 567

Colorado Springs,CO
@mystic queen I really hope you feel better soon... and good morning to everyone else..

I have to admit that I didn’t know what durian was... now I don’t think I want to get near;-)

the thunder is rolling here but no rain is forthcoming..
Good morning EllieMay, and everyone. No thunder here just clear skies and unbearable heat ?

Mystic_Queen (Llaria)

England,
I’m home. I ended up going to A&E.
temp is still 38.3. Gone down slightly.
been given meds for headaches. And been told to rest Rest rest.
I’ve had a mouth swab done to check for covid. I get results back tomorrow or Friday.
what ever it is it’s awful.
I’ve had blood work done aswell. As a precaution I’ve been advised to self isolate for 14 days.
Thank you all for the best wishes. I appreciate it ??

Golden Greek Tortoise 567

Colorado Springs,CO
I’m home. I ended up going to A&E.
temp is still 38.3. Gone down slightly.
been given meds for headaches. And been told to rest Rest rest.
I’ve had a mouth swab done to check for covid. I get results back tomorrow or Friday.
what ever it is it’s awful.
I’ve had blood work done aswell. As a precaution I’ve been advised to self isolate for 14 days.
Thank you all for the best wishes. I appreciate it ??
Stay safe!