COLD DARK ROOM

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Lancaster
No I told him he couldn’t come in as I’ve been tested positive. He video called me instead. He’s the one that’s had the baby 6 days ago with Amy
I think you probably maybe have your helper for the things you need now and then. I'm glad for you. Congratulations on the new baby adoptee. It's funny how simple things turn into wonderful things.

Mystic_Queen (Llaria)

England,
I think you probably maybe have your helper for the things you need now and then. I'm glad for you. Congratulations on the new baby adoptee. It's funny how simple things turn into wonderful things.
He has offered but with the Baby I’ve told him no and That I’ll be ok. Concentrating on the new born is more important.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
He has offered but with the Baby I’ve told him no and That I’ll be ok. Concentrating on the new born is more important.
I didn't say bombard him. I think he would probably drop something off now and then and be more then glad to. I can't speak for him but he did try to get in touch. I know I would want to help a friend even with what I have going on daily. Personally I would get more out of that then what I gave. Giving is better then receiving and I think you already know that. So don't refuse a little bit of help. Sorry, I'll stop preaching.?

Mystic_Queen (Llaria)

England,
I didn't say bombard him. I think he would probably drop something off now and then and be more then glad to. I can't speak for him but he did try to get in touch. I know I would want to help a friend even with what I have going on daily. Personally I would get more out of that then what I gave. Giving is better then receiving and I think you already know that. So don't refuse a little bit of help. Sorry, I'll stop preaching.?
No I don’t bombard him haha. He rung to make sure I was eating and drinking and to check I had enough bottled water in fridge to keep me going. I have 8 in fridge and another 24 bottles so I think I’m good.
hes just a fuss pot. And Amy isn’t any better. She fusses a lot too. I’ve told him if I need anything I’ll let him know. But I’m fine. I have what I need and the baby is more important. There first child. So precious moments.
and yes totally agree. Giving is far better than receiving.
I just don’t want to put him at risk especially with the baby i would feel absolutely awful if he caught it and then past it to the baby
I always make Sure im stocked up on everything. I never run low. And he knows it. He’s just being a worrier.

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
Hello all

Today, JoesDad and I transported 2 Kestrels from the rescue to the National Bird of Prey Hospital in Hampshire. The journey is about 2 hours which isn’t great in the heatwave we currently have.

The hospital is on land owned by the Hawk Conservancy Trust and we spent the rest of the day there admiring their birds. They have some brilliant flying displays by their birds which we really enjoyed.

As is traditional in the CDR, here are some postcards from our travels

An adult Kestrel
View attachment 302759

Black Kites demonstrating their flying skills
View attachment 302760

A gorgeous European Barn owlView attachment 302761

A sleepy Snowy Owl (Hedwig from Harry Potter) squinting at the camera
View attachment 302763

A Bald Eagle
View attachment 302764

Winner in the hair and makeup category: the White Faced Vulture
View attachment 302758
Just awesome photos. Wow, I wish I could go there. too kewl

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
yes I know it’s called a dolly.
but you were going to make a bunch no? So is the plural for that......” IES” ????
Oh... who cares...
I am dumb anyway....
How are you feeling today my dear???
Oh, I misunderstood. Very different doily or dolly. When I was a girl, we called them Doll Babies

Mystic_Queen (Llaria)

England,
yes I know it’s called a dolly.
but you were going to make a bunch no? So is the plural for that......” IES” ????
Oh... who cares...
I am dumb anyway....
How are you feeling today my dear???
Not sure if I’m doing a bunch or not I’ve had a couple people ask me to make them one. But with this virus I won’t be making anyone anything till it’s cleared and I’ve been retested to say I’m in clear. Im ok. Just tired. Chest and fever are mainly what’s making me feel worse. But I’m determined to keep going.
im not going to lounge around all day. That’s not me. I did sit in garden earlier For about half hour to an hour ish But we are having a heatwave at moment and the heat made my chest feel more heavier I was wearing a face mask while sat on my own garden due to the constant dry cough And neighbours were out too.

Lokkje

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Phoenix
Yes, I got an Ocotillo in the lemon tree for $1000 to be planted and they barely bothered to dig a hole because of the rock on the mountain side where I live. It has created the equivalent of a hot pot underground and it literally cooked my tree. I found out later that the place where I bought it as a big rip off but it was too late for me. I’d like to shoot themYes, I got an Ocotillo in the lemon tree for $1000 to be planted and they barely bothered to dig a hole because of the rock on the mountain side where I live. It has created the equivalent of a hot pot underground and it literally cooked my tree. I found out later that the place where I bought it as a big rip off but it was too late for me. I’d like to kick myself for letting them trick me. I had gone to the nursery and I had tagged two very large plants and when they came with the truck it was clearly not the plants I had tagged. The tag plants would’ve been worth the money because they were nearly fully grown in the plants they delivered were worth less than $100 each and they flatly refused to exchange and they kept insisting it was the trees I had tagged. It was really frustrating and I ended up getting ripped off. I’m an idiot.

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
Yes, I got an Ocotillo in the lemon tree for $1000 to be planted and they barely bothered to dig a hole because of the rock on the mountain side where I live. It has created the equivalent of a hot pot underground and it literally cooked my tree. I found out later that the place where I bought it as a big rip off but it was too late for me. I’d like to shoot themYes, I got an Ocotillo in the lemon tree for $1000 to be planted and they barely bothered to dig a hole because of the rock on the mountain side where I live. It has created the equivalent of a hot pot underground and it literally cooked my tree. I found out later that the place where I bought it as a big rip off but it was too late for me. I’d like to kick myself for letting them trick me. I had gone to the nursery and I had tagged two very large plants and when they came with the truck it was clearly not the plants I had tagged. The tag plants would’ve been worth the money because they were nearly fully grown in the plants they delivered were worth less than $100 each and they flatly refused to exchange and they kept insisting it was the trees I had tagged. It was really frustrating and I ended up getting ripped off. I’m an idiot.

Then I would go back and quietly STEAL two trees ?... ?

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Good morning! I am a book lover so I will celebrate by turning a few pages in a new book today. I must also catch up on my new favorite author @Tidgy's Dad compiling Saga.. I love it so far and do plan on reading to my son... Today is Cinders 1 year Birthday so we will be celebrating that as well... I picked her up a few gifts and put them in an oversized box.. she loves boxes! I then wrapped it and made her a nice paper bow so she would have a few extras to shred... I’ll take a few pics.. she has to have her bath and hair done first though.. ?

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
No, you are NOT an idiot. The other guy is an idiot, a jerk and an a**hole. HA! Good morning!

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
HI everyone, I thought it was about time I came back to keep an eye on you all.

I am so sad to hear about Bee - I will miss her brightening up our days with her songs, advice and stories.

I hope everyone else is well. I have such a lot of catching up to do but will be popping in more often again now.

All is good with me, I am waiting for an arthroscopy on my knee and I finally decided I would retire from teaching, so no more school for me - unless I choose to do some supply (substitute) teaching. I have been thinking about retirement for a while but with our schools facing all sorts of changes because of covid, I thought the time was right now. I have also been house hunting, and getting my house ready to sell, so I've been pretty busy.

Lola is extremely well and behaving much more like a tortoise this year. He is spending lots of time outside basking which isn't something he has done before, but he wants to be out now - even in the rain. He is eating like a little horse too and its great to see him being a tort.
Will be back soon