COLD DARK ROOM

EllieMay

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
East Texas
So it’s almost a waste of time to see it but Phoenix temperature for the next 14 days is going to range from 110 to 115. We have set a record for the number of days over 110°. It has got to be the easiest gig in town to be the weatherman in Phoenix. They should not be paid. Certainly not for delivering that kind of news. If I told everybody they were dying every day I went to work I would not be paid…wait never mind I would be paid. Huh. Anyway it is too hot! I think this is the first time I’ve seriously contemplated moving away from the Phoenix area but it be too hard to set up work elsewhere at my age so I guess I’m stuck. Maybe I’ll retire elsewhere. Anyway, everybody keep telling me how glorious your weather is so I can eat my liver but I’m not jealous of the humidity.
I caught my smallest sulcata digging a burrow today. He’s always been leagues different from the other two but apparently it’s too hot for him! The location is convenient for the burrow so I’m going to allow it.. for now..
Can’t blame the dude ?‍♀️

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
If I had young children it would not be a problem, the problem comes in that the schools want you to teach the children a certain way. For instance take maths, they don't do the carry over system when it comes to adding and subtracting, they have a completely different way of teaching it. And if I had to teach my young kids, I would struggle because I would want to teach them the way that I know and the the way that would be the easiest for them to understand and get to the right answer. BUT the schools insist that you teach them the way that they have set out whether the child understands it or not.

So I would never be able to do the home schooling this year. The second thing is that my son being older and in grade 9, his maths for example is waaaaayyyyyy over my head, and I just plain don't want my kids to know just how much more clever they are compared to me. ?
I hate hate hate the so called new math. My two teenage sons were taught real math by me and I'm glad I did. I worked with high school graduates lately entering college that couldn't even count back change after learning new and so called improved math. Math is simple if you follow the basic rules.

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Here is a photo of dear Sabine's resting place :
View attachment 303087
Thanks to her partner for this.
He also has kindly informed me of the animals.
Some cats are at the local animal shelter, others have gone to friends. The dogs, too.
The Greek tortoises are at the animal shelter. The Redfoots are with a friend who is a tortoise and turtle expert in Wuppertal.
The sulcatas have gone to an animal park in North-Rhine-Westphalia. The Aldabras are "in a real tortoise paradise" in Bavaria near Nuremburg. The guy there is a real tortoise freak whose animals live better than he does.
Thank you for that!! There are so many Daily reminders of her here in my house due to her extreme generosity.. it’s hard to believe still.. The place suits her in my mind..

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
View attachment 303087
Some cats are at the local animal shelter, others have gone to friends. The dogs, too.
The Greek tortoises are at the animal shelter. The Redfoots are with a friend who is a tortoise and turtle expert in Wuppertal.
The sulcatas have gone to an animal park in North-Rhine-Westphalia. The Aldabras are "in a real tortoise paradise" in Bavaria near Nuremburg. The guy there is a real tortoise freak whose animals live better than he does.
That's a lovely place for a lovely lady. I hope they can't take down her utube channel somehow.

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
That's a lovely place for a lovely lady. I hope they can't take down her utube channel somehow.

can you post her UTUBE channel name so I may watch her? I didn’t know her but I would LOVE to hear her sing and meet her for the first time . She seemed so lovely. I am so sorry for her pets as I read she loved them so much... wow.. all just like that , here one minute and ......? so incredibly sad ... I am sorry for everyone’s loss here. May peace come to all of you. ?

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
View attachment 303087

it is so sad for me to hear all of her beutiful pets scattered all over. But most went to good places.. I wish we could rescue the ones at the shelters.. if I could have sheep here in NJ I would gladly take care of them for this lovely lady.. I am just so upset I never knew her.. does she have a UTUBE or Instagram site I could look at?
my sincerest condolences to all of her friends on this site. I think only a handful of us didn’t have the pleasure of knowing her. Our loss..?
Please .... someone !!
Post her picture. ?

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Post her picture. ?
You can find a couple of her videos here :

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Good happy day all. Spent yesterday catching a few miles on a nice fresh water reservoir. Lunch on a sandy beach.

Our Sully is enjoying this Summer. Hot & humid. We are now setting records for days that have not dipped below 70F at night. No burrows being dug.

I just checked Sully’s inside temp/humidity readings....80.6 F & 86% humidity! It’s only 0830!

B01D6FA0-C1E9-44D6-923C-A8C551FD20FC.jpeg

9337A1BF-8DF3-4A2B-BB87-3F86FEFC1B2F.jpeg