COLD DARK ROOM

EllieMay

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
East Texas
It was pretty cool in my neck of the woods too.. very refreshing. But I did notice that the double tortoise box had dipped a little low.. I’m going to have to tweak the thermostats when I’m home tomorrow.. I just found out that Jess isn’t going to get moved from ICU today but we should make it tomorrow..

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
My job today is moving them damn rocks, previous owner dumped them there to fill in a pond because there were newts in it and they wanted planning permission to build, it was still refused. It's going to be a big job
Sorry, I wouldn't want to cause unneeded work while you're trying to find your tort. I just know how much my little guy likes rocks. He likes sitting on flat rocks and I'll bet he would dig under if he could.?

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
OK, I realize it's been a bit since we talked about men in kilts...Here is my 57 yr old son...His hair is past his waist, now I'll work on finding a hair photo. And if it wasn't here we had that kilt conversation, where was it???
View attachment 306660
You and I had it in the nut house. That's a really great looking son in his kilt. I don't like it when my son gets a haircut either. His hair has to be really long or it looks like he has a bush on his head. That's why he has to wear a hat.?

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
H

here is my 2 year old female Arabella

View attachment 306650
Yea I like your dog too. I remember her. I actually twisted some of my Chows hair manually to see if it makes good yarn like they say in books. It does. They also used them for things I wouldn't do hence the name Chow.?

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Well good morning... I had every intention of popping in last night to chat but I couldn’t get caught up fast enough... Slept in my own bed for the first time after 5 nights of the dreaded chair! Hospital insisted that we start taking 24 hour shifts ? Anyway, daughter is making a lot of progress now.. she was out of the hospital bed for the first time yesterday.. she skipped the walk and went from crawl to sprint 0-60.... lol. We have reason to believe that she may be moved from the ICU today.. my Cinder is at this moment snoring on my feet and son is tucked into my arm.. it’s just a little before 5am here and I’m wide awake... I got more sleep in 4 hours here than I have all week I think.. all the critters are doing well.. they were all very excited to see me yesterday and it made my heart happy!! My brother had been here when I got home yesterday and had cleaned the house for me... he’s the best!!! any way, I’m going to go make a cup of coffee... I think it may be my first glimpse of heaven ?
That's wonderful.??

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I have a friend that works in surgery at the hospital peep in Jess’s room for me as I have not heard from hubby this morning.. she said they were both sleeping soundly. She checked with the nurse and Jess had a good night. Also confirmed that orders are in to get us moved to another floor:)). I am so happy this morning. I know that there will be a lot to go through for years to come but right now, Jess is already miles ahead of where they told me would even be possible.. so THANK YOU for all of your prayers and support and continued prayers! View attachment 306666
My neice is a quadriplegic. She walks and works a full time job. I believe in miracles. ?

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I hear ya on the cooler weather. William is here this week end getting all my sheds winter ready and my daughter has been moving plants into the greenhouse a few each day. Our nights have been dipping down close to upper 50sF.
Yep really cool here 40s this morning. It'll frost soon and we'll have Indian Summer later. I don't look forward to a freezing winter but I hope we have one this year.

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
You and I had it in the nut house. That's a really great looking son in his kilt. I don't like it when my son gets a haircut either. His hair has to be really long or it looks like he has a bush on his head. That's why he has to wear a hat.?
Where’s your picture???

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
Good morning!!!! I want to tell you all that my daughters arm seems to be stable:) We believe that is one hurdle that we are past right now. The blood flow is strong and continuous... the risk factors for losing it in the immediate future seem to be dissipating now. We are proud of our baby steps. She has a lot of pain as nerves try to wake up and it sucks for her... but the good news is she has pain as nerves wake up.. ? Our goal for the day is to have the trauma drain removed. We still have not been able to get her out of bed or moving due to the condition of her shoulder but she is doing lower body therapy on her own in the bed. She is motivated... GOD IS GOOD!

I am soooo glad to hear that news!!!!
Stay strong!!!!

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
Y
Sorry to see that you had no power. My heart goes out to all my southern friends and more coming from what I hear. Then the west and all the fires. And just day to day living and all that brings too. It's been a crazy year. Stuff has to move upward soon cause 2020 so far is the bottom of the pits. I'm looking forward to the holidays and making them really special this year. It doesn't have to be a lot of money spent just a lot of cheer.??????etc
Ok. I am trusting you, so here goes I call your Dark Lord's given mission to post Food emoji's. ( damn i just realised that I don't know if it should be food emoji's or just food. Sigh)

Yyyyyaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyy!!!!!
For you my sweet friend...
CALL IT!!! Quick!