COLD DARK ROOM

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
New Jersey
How is that going? Is the medina all closed up? I can't imagine that. When I was there many years ago, I had never seen such a bustling, busy, crowded, noisy, scented place. I loved it!

A quick story...I was 18 when my parents took me on my 2nd vacation trip to Europe. I was very blessed to have travel-loving parents who would rent a car and we would follow our self-planned itinerary all over western Europe. No organized tours for us except in cities.

We knew we needed a guide to go into the medina, so we hired one off the street named Azzedin (sp?). He was very personable and pleasant and we enjoyed him as we saw the sights and smelled the smells.

When it ended, Dad paid him, and Azzedin took me aside and asked me to go on a date with him! His words were "I'll show you the night life of Fes".

Now, I may have been 18, gullible, and naive, but even I knew that saying yes might not work out the best for me. So I blamed my parents. I told him they would never allow me to go in a strange city, and my French wasn't that good.

He said he understood, took my hand, and walked me over to Mom and Dad, and explained the situation to them...and asked them out too!! I was stunned! And to my never forgotten astonishment, they accepted!!

That evening he came to our hotel and gathered us up, and we walked to a Moroccan establishment that was a restaurant/bar that was filled to overflowing with mostly young people.

We had good food, enough drinks that it was good we were on foot, we danced in a hilarious conga line type dance, mixed with happy friendly Moroccans, and had the time of our lives.

As I remember (it's a little fuzzy for some reason), Azzedin even paid for everything!

He walked us back to our hotel, kissed me, hugged my parents, and was gone. We never saw him again.

For many years after, we would periodically remember Azzedin, and with smiles and chuckles, wonder about him. I like to picture him on the terrace with grandkids around him, watching the donkeys go by in the street below.

what a great story!!!

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
Agent Yvonne @Chefdenoel10
Your Mission is Terminated.
View attachment 306596

hi all, isn’t that so funny. I was FINALLY terminated at exactly the time I was having surgery to get my gall bladder out!!
thanks a lot Carol!!! I could have died ya know!!!??? 1600550797102.png
but in every sense glad ya finally guessed it.
Hope all is well with everyone as I am on morpheme right now and I love EVERYBODY! I can’t form words or spell right now but it is only day 2.

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
hi all, isn’t that so funny. I was FINALLY terminated at exactly the time I was having surgery to get my gall bladder out!!
thanks a lot Carol!!! I could have died ya know!!!??? View attachment 306737
but in every sense glad ya finally guessed it.
Hope all is well with everyone as I am on morpheme right now and I love EVERYBODY! I can’t form words or spell right now but it is only day 2.
Oh wow!!! I’m hoping for a speedy recovery for you and awesome pain control!!

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
So happy Saturday to you all... Jess is watching Netflix on my iPad and I’m scrolling on my phone... wish they had an app to order margarita delivery!!! Guess we are staying in ICU one more night.. oh well ...
They probably do. The problem is you gotta wait a week for delivery. I say plan ahead or BYOB. It's another day they're watching closely. Sounds like she's got a bunch of doctors and nurses rooting for her too.?