COLD DARK ROOM

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Lancaster
We are still in The ICU But hopefully not for long.. I am doing ok. She gets emotionally stronger every day.. Pain is going to be the huge hurdle right now. She’s had to face the realization today that she can’t go back to school or even drive her car for a very long time.. (Pain Meds) .. we conferenced with her Principal and started the steps to finish her school online. She can still graduate befor the end of the year. We will apply and enroll in online college for her basics in the fall. We have a plan... I am going to start preparing the house in ways to still give her a certain amount of independence.. we will have to redo her bath and shower .. Move a recliner to her room, things of that nature..
I'm still doing my little prayers when she and all of you cross my mind and will be. But it looks like progress is coming when it's time.?

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
We are still in The ICU But hopefully not for long.. I am doing ok. She gets emotionally stronger every day.. Pain is going to be the huge hurdle right now. She’s had to face the realization today that she can’t go back to school or even drive her car for a very long time.. (Pain Meds) .. we conferenced with her Principal and started the steps to finish her school online. She can still graduate befor the end of the year. We will apply and enroll in online college for her basics in the fall. We have a plan... I am going to start preparing the house in ways to still give her a certain amount of independence.. we will have to redo her bath and shower .. Move a recliner to her room, things of that nature..

Slow and steady, step by step. We’re all with you & family!

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Geeze. I thought it was unusually cold these past few days... Washington DC Weather Gang noted the following

The average temperature over the weekend in DC was the coldest for Sept. 19-20 since 1929!!! Our outlying areas are again under a frost advisory overnight into Tuesday morning...“

Back to normal by Wednesday... but I think our Hummingbirds have now flown South.

Zoeclare

Uk
I'm very new to this lovely CDR family but I'm just going to get serious for a minute. I had a bit of a wobbly day today but earlier I sat in the garden getting the last of the sun and catching up here, and I just had to smile! Its lovely to be able to pop in for a chat, a joke, or a cute puppy pic, but also the support, strength and compassion you guys have for each other is just so uplifting you are all amazing! ❤

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
I'm very new to this lovely CDR family but I'm just going to get serious for a minute. I had a bit of a wobbly day today but earlier I sat in the garden getting the last of the sun and catching up here, and I just had to smile! Its lovely to be able to pop in for a chat, a joke, or a cute puppy pic, but also the support, strength and compassion you guys have for each other is just so uplifting you are all amazing! ❤

It’s a big family. Just wait for the Summer Picnic. Hope the wobbles disappear, sleep tight. Enjoy the last of the Summer wine.

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Difficult, difficult, lemon difficult.
But it can be done.
You are both incredible people.

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
YESSSS! A very important reason to celebrate! Every day I’m going to accomplish something silly and dedicate it to you!!! Happy happy birthday week!
Bless you so much.
I'm very fond of you and knowing what you're going though at this time makes this very special indeed.

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Wasn't it Maro2bear taht was just doing some mucky work and lost a shoe? I found it on Craigslist

I have found a priceless object... a shoe part of Poseidon’s infinite shoe collection. If you or someone you knows how to contact him let him know that one of his shoes is missing and he can collect it in the Pacific Ocean somewhere. Thank you
All this is going to be very interesting to archaeologists in a few hundred years time.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I love the set up. It also reminds me of Hispanic and Florida gardens which I love.?
I so agree with you! I'm not a people person, much preferring to be alone (and left alone), but the friendliness and camaraderie here in this dismal place has me coming back several times a day.

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Thanks.
We all have wobbly days.
When I have one i know you and several others will be here for me.
That's how it is.
I love watching the sun go down and will think of you tomorrow when i watch it.
Life's Good.

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
I so agree with you! I'm not a people person, much preferring to be alone (and left alone), but the friendliness and camaraderie here in this dismal place has me coming back several times a day.
And it's genuine.
Not just verbiage.
Get well soon.
It annoys me when Roommates are hurt or upset.

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Geeze. I thought it was unusually cold these past few days... Washington DC Weather Gang noted the following

The average temperature over the weekend in DC was the coldest for Sept. 19-20 since 1929!!! Our outlying areas are again under a frost advisory overnight into Tuesday morning...“

Back to normal by Wednesday... but I think our Hummingbirds have now flown South.
I’ll keep an eye out for them but it may be too cool to stop here.. our High today was 68F... we have rain all week and low 70’s for the highs... it will be winter when I next step outside ???

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas

Welcome to the family and I hope you have a much better day tomorrow.