COLD DARK ROOM

EllieMay

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
East Texas
I thought so too. I always like the ones with his kyak in it the best. How are you? And all of you??
We are good Cathie! Thank you for asking. I was just getting around to making a post. I got to bring Jess home today... we are very happy! It’s been hard for her though. There are many things that you can’t do with only one arm.. but you dont realize how hard is is for someone.. especially when they have no control over a limb at all. She finds herself having to use her good hand to position the other arm which leaves her with no hands..:-( I have ordered special slings and immobilizers for her but I feel so out of my element.. it’s really a learning experience.. I’m not good at not having control of my surroundings.. I also have set many alarms for lots of meds. I’m going to bring some help in a couple days a week once we get some kind or routine established.. anyway... I meant for this to be a positive post.. I’m just really glad she’s home.. I’m thankful for all of you.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
We are good Cathie! Thank you for asking. I was just getting around to making a post. I got to bring Jess home today... we are very happy! It’s been hard for her though. There are many things that you can’t do with only one arm.. but you dont realize how hard is is for someone.. especially when they have no control over a limb at all. She finds herself having to use her good hand to position the other arm which leaves her with no hands..:-( I have ordered special slings and immobilizers for her but I feel so out of my element.. it’s really a learning experience.. I’m not good at not having control of my surroundings.. I also have set many alarms for lots of meds. I’m going to bring some help in a couple days a week once we get some kind or routine established.. anyway... I meant for this to be a positive post.. I’m just really glad she’s home.. I’m thankful for all of you.
It is a very positive post!!! They let her come home. I don't think they would have even with covid unless she's doing it well. My heart is warmed up. ?❤️

Lokkje

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Phoenix
I got Mookie’s genetic studies back. I swear I just about fell out of my chair at work when I saw it. I was fine with the 40% American pitbull terrier. I was fine with the 30% super mud which is a mix of labrador retriever, Rottweiler, Doberman, poodle and a few other random breeds. I was even fine with the 15% golden retriever although as I was staring at her I was having a hard time piecing this interesting mix of dog in my head. What made me want to fall off the chair is she’s 15% Chihuahua. They had pictures of other clients that allowed the dogs name and picture to be shown and the closest match was 82%. Absolutely none of the dogs look anything like her. I was feeling a little disappointed about that and then I saw what could have been her twin brother that had actually been born in Phoenix that was an 80% match that was just a little larger than her 35 pounds and I actually think that it’s possible that they actually could’ve been related despite it only being 80%. It was fun to look at the Jean mix and I didn’t get a single breed right. Here’s the latest picture of my Chihuahua.

5B0AFCDB-F9A6-46EB-84D4-319C58B2AF45.jpeg

Lokkje

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Phoenix
I loved his awake time. Very personable lizards when they are awake lol almost like blue tongue skinks just a lot bigger
I want one. I’ll have to just live with my bearded dragon though. Although he’s freaking cute. Toast ran around eating about five roaches And I didn’t think he could possibly eat anymore and he’s sucked down to wax worms and a bunch of salad greens after that. He’s also making some pretty mega big dung. At least they don’t smell as bad as Mr. snarky the leopard tort.

Zoeclare

Uk
That was another reason they used. The size. I wouldn't want a tortoise I have to hibernate. Or any animal like that but that's just me.
Thats one of the reasons I chose a redfoot, so I didn't have to brumate him; although I am concerned he's going to end up with my entire lounge and ill be sitting on a bean bag in the corner? uk weather isn't ideal for him

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Thats one of the reasons I chose a redfoot, so I didn't have to brumate him; although I am concerned he's going to end up with my entire lounge and ill be sitting on a bean bag in the corner? uk weather isn't ideal for him
Yea it is a little easier with a Russian. I just wanted a tortoise around me so I picked a little guy even though I would have a blast with a big one too. The hardest part is outsmarting him.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I got Mookie’s genetic studies back. I swear I just about fell out of my chair at work when I saw it. I was fine with the 40% American pitbull terrier. I was fine with the 30% super mud which is a mix of labrador retriever, Rottweiler, Doberman, poodle and a few other random breeds. I was even fine with the 15% golden retriever although as I was staring at her I was having a hard time piecing this interesting mix of dog in my head. What made me want to fall off the chair is she’s 15% Chihuahua. They had pictures of other clients that allowed the dogs name and picture to be shown and the closest match was 82%. Absolutely none of the dogs look anything like her. I was feeling a little disappointed about that and then I saw what could have been her twin brother that had actually been born in Phoenix that was an 80% match that was just a little larger than her 35 pounds and I actually think that it’s possible that they actually could’ve been related despite it only being 80%. It was fun to look at the Jean mix and I didn’t get a single breed right. Here’s the latest picture of my Chihuahua.

View attachment 307153
That's funny. And the look she's giving you is hilarious. She'll learn to pose for the camera. Right now it's "What are you up to?"? Then it'll become oh that's just Mom being her crazy self hohum.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Oh Yayyyy. That is awesome news. I am so glad that Jess was able to come home. That way the whole family can bw together.
So very happy for you.