COLD DARK ROOM

Amron

Location (City and/or State)
Lancashire. England
yes but how do ya tell them off?
I yelled at my sister and MY MOTHER?
On Tuesday when they came to .... shampoo the rugs?
I never shampoo the rugs!!
(there is no need)
I told them I just want to go lay down in my bed so they told me ..ok...ok come sit down at the table and tells us what happened..
I was like.... WWWHHHHAAT???
Did you not just hear me!!
Long story short.. I yelled a lot about them causing drama. And they left in a huff.
I figured I just had surgery I should be SELFISH just this one time!
I am always there to help people and animals. I ALWAYS put myself last or not even thought of.. I was in pain and my mouth could nt hold back the stupidity they were putting me through..
My mom is Scottish and was like
I’ll never come back here AGAIN! Ppfffhh!!
???
(like she was kicked out.)
I am not a people person and I try NEVER to have to apologize to ANYONE. But I feel bad.... that’s my ma. ?☹?
I was a punk head..???
Did I say long story short???..... ppfff! ??
Do not go apologising you said what you did, you are in pain, they didn't listen, that is there problem. Sounds like it is time to look out for number one, you, rest and recuperate then you will back to your normal self very soon. Take good care of yourself. I am sure they appreciate all that you do. Best wishes and hugs being sent your way

Amron

Lancashire. England
I love you for saying that. And yes ... you guessed it... it was my husband wanting something for HIS sister...AND..... she never came and got them from him. ?
It all makes me feel nuts!!??
Maybe I need more morphene?
they are driving me crazy!!!
This morning I tried building a ramp to let my tort get her soak for the day. I did a fairly good job?
when I asked my husband to take care of her for just this first week here is how he took care of her... (instead of being out in her shed for night time..)

View attachment 307266View attachment 307267View attachment 307268
Great ramp, surely you should not be doing this yourself, is this not what we have husband's for

Amron

Lancashire. England
hahahahaa!!! I have the same. ??
I just turned my tv to a channel he watches
(American Pickers)... and left the room. He’ll be quiet for HOURS.. if he doesn’t fall asleep. I went into the other room and fell asleep on THE FLOOR! Best sleep I’ve had in days!! ????
I do that, he doesn't even notice I have left the room, beat peaceful time ever. I know I said have some rest but the floor???? Surely you need comfort

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
Do not go apologising you said what you did, you are in pain, they didn't listen, that is there problem. Sounds like it is time to look out for number one, you, rest and recuperate then you will back to your normal self very soon. Take good care of yourself. I am sure they appreciate all that you do. Best wishes and hugs being sent your way

thank you so much for your support.
I thought it was Just me..
almost done with the meds and I have to use my new ramp I had to build yesterday for my tort to soak today. It has been a week and well....ONE of us smells..????
I would ask for help.. but you can see how that’s going... I understand Yvonne’s pain all too well...again thanks for your kind words. ❤️

Attachments

• 40253086-EC4E-4FD5-AC1D-6D082C77E70D.png
    40253086-EC4E-4FD5-AC1D-6D082C77E70D.png
    431.8 KB · Views: 0

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
Great ramp, surely you should not be doing this yourself, is this not what we have husband's for

yes but I got one of those husbands where he was so nice IN THE BEGINNING AMD turned..? Now everything is ALWAYS about him...
If you have surgery he goes on all day about how bad his back hurts....
It made me want to break a 2x4 across his back! Then I would listen...
If your stomach has staples in it he has a bad headache....
Again..... a 2x4 across the head might set him straight????
Opinions??
??

Lokkje

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Phoenix
yes but I got one of those husbands where he was so nice IN THE BEGINNING AMD turned..? Now everything is ALWAYS about him...
Opinions??
??
Yes. It won’t work. It’s why I am not married.

Amron

Lancashire. England
Opinions??
??
I think I could come willingly to help you with that, you should not lift a 2 X 4 for anything, it would give me great pleasure ?

Blackdog1714

5 Year Member
Richmond, VA
Opinions??
??
WOW! I have not always been the best husband possible, BUT post surgery care is my thing! I have worked near real medical professionals for years and have picked up some skills. 1. Be calm- a care giver that isn't is scary. 2. Be available 3. Be prepared I am so sorry to hear that happened to you. A marriage is not a dream and I argue the soul mate thing. It is more a business partenership agreement- establish early jobs and responsibilities since expected and hoping someone will do something for you quickly morphs into anger and dissent when something doesn't get done. Love is paramount but it is not the only thing, common interests and activities are critical! I have personally found that divesting myself of my competitive nature was inavaluable since I grew up in a murder, death, WIN system.

Lokkje

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Phoenix
WOW! I have not always been the best husband possible, BUT post surgery care is my thing! I have worked near real medical professionals for years and have picked up some skills. 1. Be calm- a care giver that isn't is scary. 2. Be available 3. Be prepared I am so sorry to hear that happened to you. A marriage is not a dream and I argue the soul mate thing. It is more a business partenership agreement- establish early jobs and responsibilities since expected and hoping someone will do something for you quickly morphs into anger and dissent when something doesn't get done. Love is paramount but it is not the only thing, common interests and activities are critical! I have personally found that divesting myself of my competitive nature was inavaluable since I grew up in a murder, death, WIN system.
I wish I had met somebody like you. Well said.

Pastel Tortie

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
North Florida
Opinions??
??
I'm thinking his odds of survival improve with you getting some much needed rest! ?

Pastel Tortie

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
North Florida
Well said.

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey

you sound like a keeper. Your wife is very lucky.
that being said..... I want HER opinion now.
Let’s see if they match ?????

KarenSoCal

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Low desert 50 mi SE of Palm Springs CA
Searing heat. We haven’t had a frozen winter in sometime in Phoenix.
Believe me, I empathize with you! I'm in the low desert, and I have spent so much money on plants that die.

They do great in the Spring, and into Summer. They bloom, and look good. Then August comes. The searing, constant burn just withers them away. I've lost hibiscus, grape (multiple times), yellow bells, and many others.

My one success is a pair of dwarf mulberry trees. They have managed to survive so far.

For the rest, I think I've given up.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Yep and that little smile speaks volumes. How can you refuse??