COLD DARK ROOM

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Palm Bay Fl
Good morning, Roommates! :)
Today is National Fossil Day!
It is traditional to hug a palaeontologist.
View attachment 308831
?‍♂️ I don't have a hug emoji. So I sent you 2 wrestlers about to get close. ?
A while back you sent me something that I had to guess what it was. It looked like a fossil. Do you recall what it was?

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Greetings. A muggy Tuesday, after two days of rain from Hurricane Delta, sun popped & temps & humidity on the rise. A bit yucky really.

Just back from our visit to the Port of Baltimore where the Tall Ship PRIDE of Baltimore is docked for Winter & repairs. We picked up the wooden galley box & a separate box of supplies to refinish. Should be fun.

We parked in the port next to a few small boats....aka USN ships really.

View attachment 308797

View attachment 308798

Some info on the vessel on the right

USNS Gilliland (T-AKR-298) is a Gordon-class roll on roll off vehicle cargo ship of the United States Navy. She was originally built as a merchant vessel but later acquired and converted by the Navy, and assigned to the United States Department of Defense's Military Sealift Command. Gilliland was built in 1972 as MV Selandia. After some time spent in commercial service she was lengthened by Hyundai Heavy Industries in 1984, and later went on to be acquired by the US Navy under a long term charter. She was converted to a US Navy Vehicle Roll-on/Roll-off Ship at Newport News Shipbuilding and Drydock Company in Newport News, Virginia, in a contract dated 23 May 1997 and on completion was assigned to the Military Sealift Command under the name USNS Gilliland, after Medal of Honor recipient Corporal Charles L. Gilliland. Gilliland is one of 28 Strategic Sealift Ships operated by the Military Sealift Command. She is assigned to the MSC Atlantic surge force, and is maintained in Ready Operational Status 4.
I'm going to brag to my son that served in the navy, that you get to do a refinishing project for that ship. If you don't mind.?

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Good afternooning all.

I have caught up and just popped by to say “Hi”.

The cold dark room is warmer, dryer and brighter than Kent right now. It’s cold, wet and gloomy here :(

We lost a hedgehog at the rescue yesterday. More accurately we discovered a hedgehog had gone AWOL. It just wasn’t in its cage when I went to clean it.

Having queried if the vet had it, or it had died, it turned out that it had escaped.

It was eventually located by handyman Jeff (who had to deconstruct the cupboards) just out of arms reach under the sink unit. It was rolled out using the bird catching net on a long pole. It was dusty and covered in cobwebs, but otherwise none the worse for its adventure.

Jeff’s language was a little ripe; apparently there was “no bl**dy way” that it should have been able to squeeze through the gap it did. Having looked at it myself, I had to agree.

Anyway, said hedgehog is now in a very secure cage that it definitely can’t get out of... in theory ?
That's hilarious! And here we think we're schmarter then them.?

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I
?‍♂️ I don't have a hug emoji. So I sent you 2 wrestlers about to get close. ?
A while back you sent me something that I had to guess what it was. It looked like a fossil. Do you recall what it was?
I remember the fossil but can't remember what it was. It looked like a crappy furnace register needing cleaning but I think it might have been a nasty old cookie.?

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Wait is this in the past tense or has this happened to you now?
It was much earlier in 2014. It's an unforgettable experience though. I still kinda live with the consequences good and bad. If I hadn't had my crazy rabbit named QueSi I would have fractured my skull too probably. I always try to remember to be more careful now.?

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I didn't get back much because I don't have enough deductions. Tardis math might confuse the IRS. Maybe I could cheat a little more to get back a bigger return. ( operative word more)?
That's what I was thinking ? Tardis Math might be a good thing. It's for sure they're doing some kinda math that I haven't figured out yet.