COLD DARK ROOM

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
I’m thinking today is the day. The big move. The day neither me or Sully looks forward to. The big move from outdoor freedom, sunshine, rain & high humidity ... to the inner sanctum. Indoor time. Sully’s indoor retreat is now about the same temp as the outdoor one. It’s time.

954EFB3B-6A82-4155-9B6C-5F0695D8027F.jpeg

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
A lot of people say that, but you've actually lived out of the country before. ?

Four years ago, I had a kayaker friend who.....moved to Costa Rica once results were announced..

the big kicker here are Maryland taxes. Kills us.

Last edited:

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
I’m thinking today is the day. The big move. The day neither me or Sully looks forward to. The big move from outdoor freedom, sunshine, rain & high humidity ... to the inner sanctum. Indoor time. Sully’s indoor retreat is now about the same temp as the outdoor one. It’s time.

View attachment 309967

and.....we are done. It’s quite the effort to get a beefy Sully up onto the deck, into the sun room, across the kitchen floor to the steps leading down into the basement. Then, once at the steps, down one flight of about 8 steps to the first landing, then down another maybe 15 steps. Now shuffle across the floor, through the wood shop and last but not least into the indoor pen. The indoor Night box is all warm. A large RHP on the roof, the outside Kane heat pad moved quickly this morning sitting snug inside the indoor night box. Lights all working, a small electric heater running (since yesterday) to warm things up. Fresh water, many freshly cut banana leaves cut and spread down, last years orchard hay/grass is good. I guess I’m done. Just need to order some Mazuri. All set until May 2021!

Temps are looking good
EB8AEC8E-CA44-4917-ACF8-EF824F8FFA00.jpeg

Pastel Tortie

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
North Florida
and.....we are done. It’s quite the effort to get a beefy Sully up onto the deck, into the sun room, across the kitchen floor to the steps leading down into the basement. Then, once at the steps, down one flight of about 8 steps to the first landing, then down another maybe 15 steps. Now shuffle across the floor, through the wood shop and last but not least into the indoor pen. The indoor Night box is all warm. A large RHP on the roof, the outside Kane heat pad moved quickly this morning sitting snug inside the indoor night box. Lights all working, a small electric heater running (since yesterday) to warm things up. Fresh water, many freshly cut banana leaves cut and spread down, last years orchard hay/grass is good. I guess I’m done. Just need to order some Mazuri. All set until May 2021!

Temps are looking good
View attachment 310038
With all that... It sounds like you need to order an elevator!

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
I'm watching Christmas movies instead of the news and what have you. I'm in the mood for the holidays and baking too.??
Just found out they are not showing the Charlie Brown Christmas episodes this year on a major network.
You have to have Apple tv.
Those were always enjoyable to me since I grew up watching them.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Morocco is nice, but harder to move there from the US. I’m looking at properties in Canada’s British Columbia, or Mexico near Ajijic On Lake Chapala. I’ll let you all know in early November!
What happened to Florida? I was looking forward to you moving here.
Now what are we gonna do with the shed we prepared for you.