COLD DARK ROOM

Lyn W

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
UK
I just got the excellent news that vaccination has finally started in Buxton and Mum gets done on Saturday :) :) :)

JoesDad’s father got his first jab before Christmas and the second last week. Mother in law gets her first done this afternoon :)
That's great! Such a relief to know that they'll be protected.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
I was driving home from the store. The street is a 6 lane, three in each direction, and the speed limit is 50mph. I was in the far left lane behind about 4 cars and there was no one in either of the other two lanes. My lane was going too slow to suit me, so I yanked the steering wheel to the right and accelerated. The truck started wildly going back and forth, back and forth. I don't remember the steering wheel moving in my hands, but I was so scared, I just might not be remembering. After a few seconds it stopped swinging and I was in the far right lane. Thank goodness there were no other cars, because I had no control. The rest of the way home is a straight shot except for the turn onto my street and up my driveway, but I drove sedately home with no further problem. I have an appointment at the mechanic for tomorrow to have everything under the front end checked. I'm going to drop the truck off tonight when there's minimal traffic and I can drive slowly.
That must have been really scary, thank goodness you're safe!

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Good afrternoon/morning all.
Pretty windy and grey here today but warmer.
I've just hauled Lola out for a good soak and blocked the door to his hide so that he gets some exercise.
He stayed inside for 2 days so he needs to get moving and enjoy some uvb whether he likes it or not!!
Hope you're all OK and have a good Wednesday.

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Well, the goose in the box turtle pen is drowning again. 45 degrees and constant grey rain. I'm sitting under a UVB bulb right now...What the hey, y'll told me not to use them on big tortoises, so I'm using it on me so I don't get S.A.D.

I saw pix of the dreaded rain hitting your area.... yuck. Too much of a good thing. Luckily we have some bright sunshine here - in fact, yesterday, today & tomorrow! Going out on the water tomorrow. Amazing how good & refreshed the bright sunshine makes one feel!

Bright light is good to prevent SAD - https://www.nationalgeographic.com/...the-day/2009/10/ultraviolet-bath-mcnally-pod/