COLD DARK ROOM

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Lancaster
It's been two lovely days even though I had to go to my lung doctor yesterday. Since having COVID-19 my lungs had shown some weird changes. Yesterday I was told that has cleared up thanks to the nebulizer. But today was the absolute best. I usually take Sapphire outside around noonish and he must be getting used to my timetable. Today I walked into his room and said my usual "where's my baby?!". Well... he was sitting in his little hidey hut with his cute little face sticking out waiting for me.?

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Somebody came back from our holiday hooked ??

Daddy taught me a few tricks and I’m passing them down ?View attachment 329863
I was just kinda wondering how old he is? He's so cute but they always look older in a photo for some reason. I hope you had a great fish fry too.?

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Wow. I just read a national geographic article because I ran across it on Google. And about the time Linda was having a problem with dying birds at the Folly Rescue the US was too. They didn't have any ideas on the cause or what it is. That was last of June and early July.?

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
I was just kinda wondering how old he is? He's so cute but they always look older in a photo for some reason. I hope you had a great fish fry too.?
Jayden is 7.. he will be 8 in December. It’s crazy how time flies!!! But no, all fish were released alive and well… I do like to eat fish.. but I really hate to clean them.. that’s why I personally don’t fish much anymore unless I’m ready to eat.. lol..

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Jayden is 7.. he will be 8 in December. It’s crazy how time flies!!! But no, all fish were released alive and well… I do like to eat fish.. but I really hate to clean them.. that’s why I personally don’t fish much anymore unless I’m ready to eat.. lol..
I was kinda thinking that around 7 or 8. But he still looked young. I remember his pictures in 2018. It's so strange that they can be 4 or 5 and photos make them look so much older. Even at a younger age then that they look like little men. Cute.? All the fish in your lake are gonna wind up being pets ?

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
I was kinda thinking that around 7 or 8. But he still looked young. I remember his pictures in 2018. It's so strange that they can be 4 or 5 and photos make them look so much older. Even at a younger age then that they look like little men. Cute.? All the fish in your lake are gonna wind up being pets ?
Lol… apparently there are lots of them (fish)… so I’ll have to put my sentiments aside and teach Jayden all the things little boys should know:))

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Good afternoon/morning all.
The weather has been cooler so much more comfortable and we've had some good rain showers the past few days - more typical of UK weather.

I went for a melanoma follow up yesterday and ended up having to go back today to have a mole removed from my shoulder. The doc saw it yesterday and was concerned about the shape of it, so it had to go.
It's a bit sore as you'd expect when someones been digging about in your shoulder but otherwise I'm fine. They are doing a good job of keeping an eye on me.
Hope you're all OK and havng a good week so far. I can't believe it's Wednesday already!

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
The weather has been cooler so much more comfortable and we've had some good rain showers the past few days - more typical of UK weather.

I went for a melanoma follow up yesterday and ended up having to go back today to have a mole removed from my shoulder. The doc saw it yesterday and was concerned about the shape of it, so it had to go.
It's a bit sore as you'd expect when someones been digging about in your shoulder but otherwise I'm fine. They are doing a good job of keeping an eye on me.
Hope you're all OK and havng a good week so far. I can't believe it's Wednesday already!
Good catch Lyn! Always better to be pro active!

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster

I'm really glad they're watching you closely. ?

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I did get the Janssen COVID-19 vaccine today. It was my very first flue shot in my life. So far my arm isn't even sore. We'll see what happens. My biggest problem is most of the symptoms of having a reaction is stuff I go through anyway. That's why I always have second thoughts about anything they give me. How am I supposed to know when it's just more of the same. I'm still glad I did it. I prayed and pretty much know the good Lord said do it. Somehow this vaccine reminds me of the polio and small pox vaccines I had as a child. So woohoo ? When I told my lung doctor that I intended to use a mask for the rest of my life in public, he told me I wasn't wrong. This year the regular flu was virtually non existent.?

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
I did get the Janssen COVID-19 vaccine today. It was my very first flue shot in my life. So far my arm isn't even sore. We'll see what happens. My biggest problem is most of the symptoms of having a reaction is stuff I go through anyway. That's why I always have second thoughts about anything they give me. How am I supposed to know when it's just more of the same. I'm still glad I did it. I prayed and pretty much know the good Lord said do it. Somehow this vaccine reminds me of the polio and small pox vaccines I had as a child. So woohoo ? When I told my lung doctor that I intended to use a mask for the rest of my life in public, he told me I wasn't wrong. This year the regular flu was virtually non existent.?
Well done Cathie I hope that if you have any side effects they aren't too bad. Do you have to have a 2nd at some point?
You're right about the masks - very few people I know had colds last winter so they definitely work in reducing viral infections. I'll be wearing mine for the foreseeable future and in crowded places.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Good morning/afternoon all.
Quite cool here today but dry.
Not much on the agenda for me, my shoulder is a bit painful today and stopping me doing anything too physical, but I'll make the most of being lazy.
Hope you all have a good Thursday.