COLD DARK ROOM

EllieMay

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
East Texas
oh...oh...I'm getting out my passport... gonna make a trip to the United Kingdom where they are running out of supplies and petrol due to a lack of truck drivers.
Radio announcers voice... " ladies and gentle we break into regular programming to inform you that service stations are running out of fuel and empty shelves where there should be plenty bog rolls; we will face a dire situation in the loo".
So get ready cuz here she comes that marvelous mysterious magnificent jewel of the PacificNorthWest...Maggie the...hmmm mechanical...hmmm Maggie the...what? Anyhow I'm gonna go save the Queen...and drive truck on the wrong side of the road...oh dear! lol
Now that is cool!! What’s the timeframe??

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
Is that the normal there???
Well yeah...It rains , ices and snows for 7 months. Mary K can go in and out at will, but not the smaller torts like this Russian protecting the food left in his Frisbee...
100_0705.JPG
and the newspaper lied so I thought I had more time, wasn't supposed to rain until Weds or Thurs, and it's freakin pouring right now.
I waxed and buffed out my car thinking it would stay clean for a few days anyhow

zolasmum

5 Year Member
oh...oh...I'm getting out my passport... gonna make a trip to the United Kingdom where they are running out of supplies and petrol due to a lack of truck drivers.
Radio announcers voice... " ladies and gentle we break into regular programming to inform you that service stations are running out of fuel and empty shelves where there should be plenty bog rolls; we will face a dire situation in the loo".
So get ready cuz here she comes that marvelous mysterious magnificent jewel of the PacificNorthWest...Maggie the...hmmm mechanical...hmmm Maggie the...what? Anyhow I'm gonna go save the Queen...and drive truck on the wrong side of the road...oh dear! lol
Please come, Maggie - the UK needs you !! The Queen needs you !! All your admirers here will be waiting at the airport waving flags for you. And if you could sneak Mary Knobbins onto the plane, as well, I'm sure she would be offered a huge garden to destroy at Buckingham Palace !!
Angie

Jan A

Boulder, CO
Well yeah...It rains , ices and snows for 7 months. Mary K can go in and out at will, but not the smaller torts like this Russian protecting the food left in his Frisbee...
View attachment 333606
and the newspaper lied so I thought I had more time, wasn't supposed to rain until Weds or Thurs, and it's freakin pouring right now.
I waxed and buffed out my car thinking it would stay clean for a few days anyhow
That's what made it rain, Maggie. It's always washing & polishing something that makes it pour rain. Well, if you didn't do a good rinse job on it, it's getting "rinsed" now.

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
Please come, Maggie - the UK needs you !! The Queen needs you !! All your admirers here will be waiting at the airport waving flags for you. And if you could sneak Mary Knobbins onto the plane, as well, I'm sure she would be offered a huge garden to destroy at Buckingham Palace !!
Angie
Oh my! I wonder if the Queen has ever even seen a tortoise before. lol I even know how to smuggle a large tortoise, taught to me by a Captain of the 750somethings?
I've thought about her a bit lately, and wondered how she's doing without Phillip...

zolasmum

5 Year Member
Oh my! I wonder if the Queen has ever even seen a tortoise before. lol I even know how to smuggle a large tortoise, taught to me by a Captain of the 750somethings?
I've thought about her a bit lately, and wondered how she's doing without Phillip...
She seems to be doing ok - they were a very devoted couple, but during the last few years, they spent quite a lot of time apart, for various reasons, and it may be that she finds life a bit more restful without him. No more practical jokes, etc ! When she appears on tv, she usually looks genuinely quite cheerful. Not like Queen Victoria, who dressed in black always after Albert died, and mourned him constantly.
I bet she has never met a tortoise like Mary Knobbins !!

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
There's a documentary about Phillip due to be aired soon that was started before he died in honour if his 100th birthday which sadly he didn't make, it was continued as a tribute to him after his death.
Like all Mum's it's her kids that cause her headaches!

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Good afternoon/morning all.
We have a very wet Tuesday here with more heavy rain than we've seen in a long time - much needed so all good. There should be some thunder and lightning on the way later.
Lola has obviously sensed the change in the weather and is staying in the warm.

I popped out earlier to see my niece before she moves to London to start her first full time job. I think she will find it hard financially - renting one room in a shared house is going to cost her £800+ a month - but it has always been her dream to live and work there so she needs to experience the reality of it for herself. It's never appealed to me - too big and busy. Give me the hills and valleys any day!
Hope you're all having a good day.

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Good afternoon/morning all.
We have a very wet Tuesday here with more heavy rain than we've seen in a long time - much needed so all good. There should be some thunder and lightning on the way later.
Lola has obviously sensed the change in the weather and is staying in the warm.

I popped out earlier to see my niece before she moves to London to start her first full time job. I think she will find it hard financially - renting one room in a shared house is going to cost her £800+ a month - but it has always been her dream to live and work there so she needs to experience the reality of it for herself. It's never appealed to me - too big and busy. Give me the hills and valleys any day!
Hope you're all having a good day.
Nice here again, warming up, but rain forecast for this afternoon. It has been pretty dry, so the rain will be good for Fall planting, tree coloration.

Good luck to your niece. I too had no interest in big city life. I lived up near Harrogate for 5 years, only made it to London once on a Wrays bus tour. Did the touristy stuff.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Good morning/afternoon to you all.
We have a break in the rainfall today before it resumes tomorrow, so it's sunny but quite blustery.
Definitely feels and looks like autumn now .
I'm just pottering around the house while I wait for a parcel delivery, but only making essential journeys anyway to make my petrol last. There have been fights over fuel at some of the garages in the UK and someone even pulled a knife to threaten staff and other customers. There isn't a shortage of petrol or diesel - just drivers. The army are being used now to deliver it. The garages are only running out because of panic buying. Hopefully it will calm down soon.

Hope you're all having a good Weds.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Good morning/afternoon to you all.
We have a break in the rainfall today before it resumes tomorrow, so it's sunny but quite blustery.
Definitely feels and looks like autumn now .
I'm just pottering around the house while I wait for a parcel delivery, but only making essential journeys anyway to make my petrol last. There have been fights over fuel at some of the garages in the UK and someone even pulled a knife to threaten staff and other customers. There isn't a shortage of petrol or diesel - just drivers. The army are being used now to deliver it. The garages are only running out because of panic buying. Hopefully it will calm down soon.

Hope you're all having a good Weds.
I saw that on our news here about your country. But I was surprised to find toilet paper while shopping the other day because I heard on the news we once again have a shortage of that. The horders probably still have a garage full ? that they couldn't sell ? cause most people had at least a roomful. That kinda makes me wonder what people are full of. Everyday I wake up is gonna be a good day one way or another ?