COLD DARK ROOM

CarolM

Location (City and/or State)
South Africa - Cape Town
Well it’s a beautiful Monday here! I am on a Halloween sugar overload.. we trick-or-treated and had a blast. I couldn’t refrain from eating my share. I entered a chili cook off for the festival in my neighborhood and I won 1st place… the funny thing about this is, I have no taste or smell after the Covid so I was cooking ”blind”!!! They also asked contestants to name your chili and it put me on the spot… so the first thing that came to mind was COVID BUSTER???..

anyway, I’ll try to get back on track now! Lol

have a great day!
Shame. My colleague also has no smell nor taste. I cannot imagine how horrible it must be not to have taste. The smell most probably would be a bonus in certain situations. Especially after eating Chilli.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Well it’s a beautiful Monday here! I am on a Halloween sugar overload.. we trick-or-treated and had a blast. I couldn’t refrain from eating my share. I entered a chili cook off for the festival in my neighborhood and I won 1st place… the funny thing about this is, I have no taste or smell after the Covid so I was cooking ”blind”!!! They also asked contestants to name your chili and it put me on the spot… so the first thing that came to mind was COVID BUSTER???..

anyway, I’ll try to get back on track now! Lol

have a great day!
And well done on winning 1st place.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
It's so wonderful to see you post. Looks like you're having fun. Cute torts and are the doves a new endeavor. How are your Zebras doing????
The zebras are all well. The doves I have had for a good couple of months. The little one that you saw in the pic was an egg that had fallen out of a tree when I was away for a weekend with Stephen's family. My little niece rescued the egg, so I put it in the nest with one of my doves who was already sitting on eggs. And lo and behold it hatched. We think it will be a turtle dove.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
It might feel it is the norm for a man, (especially older men). Where for women, some people, may feel it is insulting.
I do agree with @Lyn W, practical gifts are good.
I feel the best thing to do is give someone money so that they can decide what they want to do
View attachment 335559
I prefer money too. Sometimes someone wants something that would be too expensive for someone else to gift. So if lots of people give money, then you could get it yourself. Wayyy better. But some people think that money is a terrible gift.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Got back Sunday from a week at the beach- Rodanthe , NC. Fishing was great for a few days due to wether, but nothing like beach time even in cool weather. A few day shots and one night shot! Caugt four puppy drums, 3 where slot limit but the wife only came down for one. The flounder was fun but very toothy! The kormorant was looking for a free meal!View attachment 335564View attachment 335565View attachment 335566View attachment 335567View attachment 335568View attachment 335569View attachment 335570
Love the second last pic

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
The zebras are all well. The doves I have had for a good couple of months. The little one that you saw in the pic was an egg that had fallen out of a tree when I was away for a weekend with Stephen's family. My little niece rescued the egg, so I put it in the nest with one of my doves who was already sitting on eggs. And lo and behold it hatched. We think it will be a turtle dove.
Nice. I enjoy watching doves teach their little ones. I once got to watch the process. The baby followed around and mimicked every move the parent made on my deck. It was so cute.?

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Got back Sunday from a week at the beach- Rodanthe , NC. Fishing was great for a few days due to wether, but nothing like beach time even in cool weather. A few day shots and one night shot! Caugt four puppy drums, 3 where slot limit but the wife only came down for one. The flounder was fun but very toothy! The kormorant was looking for a free meal!View attachment 335564View attachment 335565View attachment 335566View attachment 335567View attachment 335568View attachment 335569View attachment 335570
Nice fish, the great thing about flounder is you get 4 filets from it.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
I received an email from the City engineer asking when is a good time to coordinate with me about the construction of my new driveway. Yipes! It's getting close. I'm nervous! Somebody pass me the Nervine. Does our pirate carry that?
What type of material are they using for your driveway?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
I prefer money too. Sometimes someone wants something that would be too expensive for someone else to gift. So if lots of people give money, then you could get it yourself. Wayyy better. But some people think that money is a terrible gift.
I always give my nephews and nieces the money now unless I know for sure they want something specific.
Cash is much easier when you don't know what they already have or need. They can put it towards something they want and I think they appreciate it more.
I keep telling my family not to get me Xmas and birthday gifts because there really isn't anything I want or need, but they still do, so I also don't mind being given money or gift vouchers - it's easier for everyone.