COLD DARK ROOM

Lyn W

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
UK
Good luck with the surgery & pain relief. I didnt realize how my hip pain kept me from easily doing a million daily chores. 😀 Fingers crossed. 🤞🏻
Thanks Mark I'll still have a couple of months to wait if the first arthroscopy is anything to go by but at least I've started the process.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Hello strangers. Sorry I have been away for quite a while. Life has been busy and TFO has had to be dropped for a while. Thank you @Gillian M for giving me a poke :)

We have now started baby bird season at the rescue so and it’s been keeping me busy. As has the wildlife in my garden with having to take a female hed from my garden to the rescue because she’s limping. She is currently on pregnancy watch there and could give birth any day!

I also took in a baby hedgehog found out in the daytime by an elderly friend who lives about 10 minutes drive from me.

My daughter has had a bad run. She slipped while out doing a dormouse survey and broke her ankle. They put a medical boot on it and told her she had to sit with her foot raised above her hip which made it impossible to work on a computer. She was just starting to get mobile with the boot when she caught covid despite being triple vaxxed… she had only been out to the pharmacy to collect a prescription. When the boot came off she still found it difficult to walk and the physiotherapist she saw said she had also torn 3 out 4 of the ankle ligaaments. She is feeling pretty down over the whole situation and atill suffer from exhaustion after the covid. I have been doing what I can to help her out while her mobility is impaired.

Meanwhile we have been absolutely fine. I am typing this from a hotel in Lerwick which is the main town in the Shetland Islands. The Shetlands are a small group a long way north of Scotland. They are at 60 degrees latitude… the same as Anchorage in Alaska and Bergen in Norway… but a little warmer thanks to the Jet Stream. We arrived yesterday and will spend our week birdwatching, walking and hoping to see Otters and Orcas.

View across the natural harbour toward Lerwick.
FFDBD479-F59B-4E27-8D9A-92717880E8D1.jpeg
A puffin was the first bird we saw minutes after our plane landed.
0D694E6D-ABCA-4F3B-A76C-4F80609AC8AA.jpeg

Sorry this is a bit of a “Hi and Bye” as the internet isn’t great up here. Hope all os well with all you.

Linda x

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hello strangers. Sorry I have been away for quite a while. Life has been busy and TFO has had to be dropped for a while. Thank you @Gillian M for giving me a poke :)

We have now started baby bird season at the rescue so and it’s been keeping me busy. As has the wildlife in my garden with having to take a female hed from my garden to the rescue because she’s limping. She is currently on pregnancy watch there and could give birth any day!

I also took in a baby hedgehog found out in the daytime by an elderly friend who lives about 10 minutes drive from me.

My daughter has had a bad run. She slipped while out doing a dormouse survey and broke her ankle. They put a medical boot on it and told her she had to sit with her foot raised above her hip which made it impossible to work on a computer. She was just starting to get mobile with the boot when she caught covid despite being triple vaxxed… she had only been out to the pharmacy to collect a prescription. When the boot came off she still found it difficult to walk and the physiotherapist she saw said she had also torn 3 out 4 of the ankle ligaaments. She is feeling pretty down over the whole situation and atill suffer from exhaustion after the covid. I have been doing what I can to help her out while her mobility is impaired.

Meanwhile we have been absolutely fine. I am typing this from a hotel in Lerwick which is the main town in the Shetland Islands. The Shetlands are a small group a long way north of Scotland. They are at 60 degrees latitude… the same as Anchorage in Alaska and Bergen in Norway… but a little warmer thanks to the Jet Stream. We arrived yesterday and will spend our week birdwatching, walking and hoping to see Otters and Orcas.

View attachment 344761
View attachment 344765

Sorry this is a bit of a “Hi and Bye” as the internet isn’t great up here. Hope all os well with all you.

Linda x
You got that wrong, Linda, WE'RE not the strangers, YOU are!

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan

View attachment 344761
View attachment 344765

Linda x
Hi Linda. Lovely to hear from you, at last!

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
Môre môre! I have some news. Our family's been ill for the last few days, including myself. I woke up and my brother told me his covid test result, positive.
So after 2 years of dodging it through the pandemic, we got it
View attachment 344663
Wishes for a quick recovery.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
It really gives me something to do. Which I'm grateful for that. Also its really nice they are inside cause I'm allergic to....pollin I believe so when I go outside it really acts up in the sping. And it makes my sickness 2 times as worse. And its kinda weird. (My allergies) it only goes off when it wants too. Cause I was outside hiking all day and I guess it decided to hold off. Also I think my sickness is finally gone! Sure I still got a really small stuffy nose but other than that I feel great! ( changing the subject)..... while I was hiking I found two speckled king snakes, a water snake, a... my guess A copperhead. And lots of skinks I caught one speckled king snake and held it for about 2 hours till I thought. "Maybe I should let it go now" then I guess it thought so too so.... It bit me on the arm. it didnt hurt as much as I expected but It got what it wanted freedom! and I got what I wanted... I souvenir. When it let go it left a small, very small tooth! And I also got to see a skink that just layed its egg on the path! I gently picked them both up and moved them to a safe spot where nobody would step on them. So you could say I had one epic adventure!
I think most allergies do that, exactly what you are saying. That's why it's so hard to figure out exactly what ones are giving you the most problems. I've found that the pandemic has given me a new fighting tool though. The medical grade masks have always made me sick but the cloth ones don't. I'm still wearing mine because the cloth ones filter pollen really well. Sorry you took a little snip but listen to your telepathic message next time I guess.🤗🥰

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster

View attachment 344761
View attachment 344765

Linda x
It's so good to see you. Sorry about your daughter. I feel her pain believe me. What helped me the most was getting a nebulizer with Albuterol. I only use it once a day with a Mucinex. But there's another side to covid that I can't find a lot of info on and that's what it can do with your digestive system. I'll be praying for her that all the right answers to help her happen. I love your pictures 🤗

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I got more than just a tooth! I got a battle wound too!🤣.... Ikr!
Id probably have a heart attack 😂 thank goodness all the black snakes I've stepped on didn't get mad at me... I did have to run once from a blue racer though 😉 I didn't step on him he just got mad cause I almost did 😁 I promise I'm telling the truth.🤗

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK

View attachment 344761
View attachment 344765

Linda x
Hi Linda glad you are well and still travelling!
So sorry to hear about JoesSis and hope she makes a speedy recovery from the accident and covid - she must be very frustrated being stuck at home. Just goes to show how covid is still lurking about. Thank goodness she's had the jabs, because it could have been so much worse for her, and it sounds bad enough even with them.
I hope you are able to send some more postcards from such a beautiful part of the world - have a lovely time!!

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Good morning/afternoon all.
Grey and wet here again but we certainly need it.
I've been to the local shop this morning and I've been trying to work out why the gorse bushes on a patch of land mainly used for storage by a building company have turned brown - they are usually bright yellow at this time of year and full of bees etc. I'm wondering if the company has poisoned them. :( I'm going back later to have another good look. This company says it looks after the environment but if they have sprayed the bushes on the bank of the river I'll be reporting them. Hopefully, they haven't, but I've been walking past them for years and I can't think why else they would have all turned brown.
Anyway I hope you all have a good Monday.
TTFN

Thomas tortoise

Arkansas
Good morning/afternoon all.
Grey and wet here again but we certainly need it.
I've been to the local shop this morning and I've been trying to work out why the gorse bushes on a patch of land mainly used for storage by a building company have turned brown - they are usually bright yellow at this time of year and full of bees etc. I'm wondering if the company has poisoned them. :( I'm going back later to have another good look. This company says it looks after the environment but if they have sprayed the bushes on the bank of the river I'll be reporting them. Hopefully, they haven't, but I've been walking past them for years and I can't think why else they would have all turned brown.
Anyway I hope you all have a good Monday.
TTFN
We are going to have a great Monday! We are going swimming and we are also getting a new pony!

Hope y'all have a great Monday as well!!
16527059729238730501377357419101.jpg