COLD DARK ROOM

Warren

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Balto. MD
This is how Opo has been handling the hot afternoons.
View attachment 346523
You can't tell me that Tortoises aren't small and remember everything, love his pillow. In the winter when Sammy is running around in the house, he will lay in front of a space heater I have for my bird. When Sammy is outside and gets to warm, he will ram the back door to come back in.

MenagerieGrl

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
El Sobrante, CA.
Joe brought home a flea market find. He can forget about me getting on a ladder to hang it 🤣 I think it should go above his bedroom door 👀😛View attachment 346559
Oh . . .those are Lovely . . .I would not like to see them in a dark shadowy room.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
You can't tell me that Tortoises aren't small and remember everything, love his pillow. In the winter when Sammy is running around in the house, he will lay in front of a space heater I have for my bird. When Sammy is outside and gets to warm, he will ram the back door to come back in.
Yes they are a smarty pants and good luck trying to outsmart one 😂 about the time you think you have them downpat they learn something 🐢

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Good afternooning all. Life gets busier at the rescue where baby birds are still the main focus.

Here’s a baby blackcap that hasn’t yet grown its tail who has captivated all of us. It has bags of personality
88B48B3D-84D2-4F18-8371-E0103A1CBFA2.jpeg

This is a European Robin (no relation of the US Robin). They have adorable punk hairdos when they’re very young.
D6B1FE71-2F82-44F3-BB0C-733048A882A5.jpeg

And these are Swallows (sometimes called Barn Swallows). They’ll be released in time to migrate to Africa in September.
964E4F71-D457-47A1-9A7C-74FDD031C163.jpeg

JoesDad went down with Covid on the Saturday before last. Fortunately it was mild… more like a heavy cold… but it did make him tired and he still hasn’t recovered his energy levels properly. Somehow or other, I didn’t get it.

It’s tennis season and many know I am a big fan. I went to the Queen’s Championship in London with my daughter because JoesDad had just tested positive and also the Eastbourne championship. JoesDad and I are going to Wimbledon on Friday :)

MenagerieGrl

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
El Sobrante, CA.
Cool lift machine in action on our house. Rather than scrape all the shingles off & down to the ground, this team uses a hydraulic lift that can be placed like a large wheel barrow Up at roof level. Shingles scraped & piled then placed in the contraption.

View attachment 346565
Hum, something wrong with that picture, there is NO roofing tar, or mastic smeared all over that lift. It looks brand new....and I hope it's the way the picture was taken, cuz it looks like it is listing....

MenagerieGrl

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
El Sobrante, CA.
Good afternooning all. Life gets busier at the rescue where baby birds are still the main focus.

Here’s a baby blackcap that hasn’t yet grown its tail who has captivated all of us. It has bags of personality
View attachment 346589

This is a European Robin (no relation of the US Robin). They have adorable punk hairdos when they’re very young.
View attachment 346588

And these are Swallows (sometimes called Barn Swallows). They’ll be released in time to migrate to Africa in September.
View attachment 346587

JoesDad went down with Covid on the Saturday before last. Fortunately it was mild… more like a heavy cold… but it did make him tired and he still hasn’t recovered his energy levels properly. Somehow or other, I didn’t get it.

It’s tennis season and many know I am a big fan. I went to the Queen’s Championship in London with my daughter because JoesDad had just tested positive and also the Eastbourne championship. JoesDad and I are going to Wimbledon on Friday :)
Aw'www such cute fluffy butt's, I LOVE the Do on the Eastern Robin looks like me in the morning....

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK

View attachment 346589

View attachment 346588

View attachment 346587

I thought you'd be busy at the Rescue.
Glad to hear it was mild dose of Covid for JoesDad.
My nephew, his wife and new baby all had it the week before last, and little Isaac had a very bad chest. Thankfully he didn't have to be hospitalised but he couldn't feed properly because of his breathing. They are all getting over it now, but it is exhausting.
Enjoy Wimbledon!