COLD DARK ROOM

EllieMay

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
East Texas
We are under a burn ban here.. yet they are still allowing the fireworks.. ( not making sense to me)
but it’s a beautiful day here in Texas.. morning meetings until noon and then headed for an enjoyable weekend at home with the critters…

MenagerieGrl

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
El Sobrante, CA.
Hazy, hot & humid. It’s 1 July & we could use a good soaking rain. Grass in our front lawn already looking a bit ragged.
My grass is going to be a brown patch as I'd rather put my precious water on my garden.
Weather forecast for the 4th is Karl the Fog! As the misquotes saying goes, "The Coldest Winter I Ever Spent Was a Summer in San Francisco" of which Twain did NOT say...

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Good morning/afternoon all,
It's a bright and breezy day here.
Lola has had a good few hours basking and I actually caught him eating grass!!
Not something he usually does unless he can't avoid it when he's after the clover, but he was tucking into a patch of grass today! I sat on a step to watch him but he soon sent me packing with a few not so subtle nudges. :)
I hope you're all having a good Friday. By tomorrow we'll be just about half way through the year already and I still haven't done all the things I wanted to do yet - I'd better get a move on!!
See you later!

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
We are under a burn ban here.. yet they are still allowing the fireworks.. ( not making sense to me)
but it’s a beautiful day here in Texas.. morning meetings until noon and then headed for an enjoyable weekend at home with the critters…
Fireworks in a dry spell? Doesn't make sense to me either.🤷‍♀️
I hope all celebrations are without any major incidents.
Have a lovely weekend!

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Definitely not! I have been super busy with work and sons out of school plus the new addition to the family.. ( little Honey) .. we have squeezed in a few mini vacations and have a couple more to go… all that said, I really just want to tend my household chores And animals.. Jess is coming in on Saturday and will stay until Tuesday and my brother will be coming tomorrow.. we may put something on the grill but I think we are all in agreement to just have a laid back family weekend.
Hi Heather, I'd forgotten about 4th July celebrations.
Are you planning a party?

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Fireworks in a dry spell? Doesn't make sense to me either.🤷‍♀️
I hope all celebrations are without any major incidents.
Have a lovely weekend!
Same to you. No one needs a holiday to have a nice time. Maybe you’ll get a good dent in your to-do list:)). How’s the knee?

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Definitely not! I have been super busy with work and sons out of school plus the new addition to the family.. ( little Honey) .. we have squeezed in a few mini vacations and have a couple more to go… all that said, I really just want to tend my household chores And animals.. Jess is coming in on Saturday and will stay until Tuesday and my brother will be coming tomorrow.. we may put something on the grill but I think we are all in agreement to just have a laid back family weekend.
Sounds perfect!!
I hope all the family are well.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Same to you. No one needs a holiday to have a nice time. Maybe you’ll get a good dent in your to-do list:)). How’s the knee?
I just keep finding better things to do - like watching Lola - such an easy way to waste time :D
Knee is much the same and I'm still waiting for a date for surgery, but plodding on. Thank you for asking :<3:

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
We've had a wet start to the day but it's supposed to clear up later - I hope so I have a lot of washing to dry and don't want to use my drier!!
I hope you all have a good Saturday.
TTFN

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
We've had a wet start to the day but it's supposed to clear up later - I hope so I have a lot of washing to dry and don't want to use my drier!!
I hope you all have a good Saturday.
TTFN
When I was younger I used to hang my clothes out anyway before a rain. It's a rain water extra rinse and actually dries almost as quickly because of gravity. It kinda softens the clothes and helps with wrinkles too. It's a good Saturday. At least Sapphire thinks so he's outside 😉 and even though he's hiding in his little hut, his head is sticking out the door of it. Well 😂 his little pumpkin head is getting some sunshine at least 😁

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Well Sapphire decided to turn around and get a tan on his back side 😁😁😁 he's been sitting there putting up with my camera for quite some time 😉IMG_20220702_152141579_HDR.jpg

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Well Sapphire decided to turn around and get a tan on his back side 😁😁😁 he's been sitting there putting up with my camera for quite some time 😉View attachment 346767
Lola was fully stretched out in the sun this afternoon.
While I was watching him he slowly pulled his back left leg in and then extended it as much as he could, then he did the same with the back right leg - he looked like he was doing his exercises!:D

Last edited:

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Lola was fully stretched out in the sun this afternoon.
While I was watching him he slowly pulled his left leg in and then extended it as much as he could, then he did the same with the right leg - he looked like he was doing his exercises!:D
Reminded me of this guy with his sweat band from an old ad by the Wallace and Gromit creators