COLD DARK ROOM

MenagerieGrl

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
El Sobrante, CA.
Hello TFO, just got a response back from Camden Yards, Orioles Park. They stated because of the scoreboard being Old, depending on the angle of your seat may not show everything clearly. They told me if I was to zoom in on the picture, I could see it saying Happy Anniversary. I try zooming in on my 65" TV, didn't see it then either. I guest if my TV was as big as the scoreboard I may have seen it. They apologized and offered to seen me a small gift to resolve this problem, no refund offered. Let you know what I receive.
Hum, if their explanation was true, why could you see some of the sign? I would have thought if you were not in the right section, you would have seen nothing or it all. 🤔
🤔 🤔

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Good morning all.
Interesting day here. Our PM is due to resign as leader of the Tories and eventually as PM, although he wants to wait until the autumn. Over 50 of his cabinet and senior ministers resigned in the last couple of days so he's scraping the barrel trying to put another government together. He wants to wait until a new PM is elected but is hanging on by a thread!!! I expect you'll see what a mess it is all is on your news.

Apart from that an overcast day here and I'm still in the grips of covid.

Hope you all have a good day!!

Blackdog1714

5 Year Member
Richmond, VA
Hello TFO, just got a response back from Camden Yards, Orioles Park. They stated because of the scoreboard being Old, depending on the angle of your seat may not show everything clearly. They told me if I was to zoom in on the picture, I could see it saying Happy Anniversary. I try zooming in on my 65" TV, didn't see it then either. I guest if my TV was as big as the scoreboard I may have seen it. They apologized and offered to seen me a small gift to resolve this problem, no refund offered. Let you know what I receive.
😈💩 they are selling you! How did you see your names- cause they were calibri and not times new Roman!

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Good morning all.
Interesting day here. Our PM is due to resign as leader of the Tories and eventually as PM, although he wants to wait until the autumn. Over 50 of his cabinet and senior ministers resigned in the last couple of days so he's scraping the barrel trying to put another government together. He wants to wait until a new PM is elected but is hanging on by a thread!!! I expect you'll see what a mess it is all is on your news.

Apart from that an overcast day here and I'm still in the grips of covid.

Hope you all have a good day!!
Are you recovering some? Though? I really think I had lymphocytic colitis before I got covid. After reading I found that I've always eaten a colitis friendly diet because of my corn allergy but I think covid threw me over the edge. And that's why I had so many issues the rest of that year and part of the next. I felt that I needed more help with my digestive system then I was getting while I was sick with covid and after I recovered. Hence "long covid" . I think it goes after the weak places in your overall health so supplements, supplements, and the right food aimed at those spots with your doctor's approval 🤗🙏 To you😘. I did get more help for my lungs because of it that I should have had years ago. But nothing for the colitis for almost a year. I just think they are only beginning to learn how to give people the support they need to recover from it.

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
Hi all...I had a very interesting morning...my cat Smokey jumps up out of a sound sleep and into the open window....this is what we saw100_2897.JPG100_2900.JPG
a mom and 4 kits, and she was being kind of mean snapping at them and making some noise at them. It must be time for them to leave home. A couple of years ago I came face to face with a kit about that size and he was really c urious about me and really kinda friendly. He sniffed my hand, we were that close. Some goiod experiences are just that small. I have kind of wondered if that mom was that kit? and I do know every year or other year there's a skunk litter under the tort shed...100_2898.JPG
the giant cherry tree is ripe now and for a week or so I need to be observant going outside...foxes, 'coons, 'possums, falcons, hawks...and owls....and they say...hoot hoot....lol

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Hi all...I had a very interesting morning...my cat Smokey jumps up out of a sound sleep and into the open window....this is what we sawView attachment 347007View attachment 347008
a mom and 4 kits, and she was being kind of mean snapping at them and making some noise at them. It must be time for them to leave home. A couple of years ago I came face to face with a kit about that size and he was really c urious about me and really kinda friendly. He sniffed my hand, we were that close. Some goiod experiences are just that small. I have kind of wondered if that mom was that kit? and I do know every year or other year there's a skunk litter under the tort shed...View attachment 347009
the giant cherry tree is ripe now and for a week or so I need to be observant going outside...foxes, 'coons, 'possums, falcons, hawks...and owls....and they say...hoot hoot....lol
Wow such fun 😊 keep a camera handy 😜 for us 😉

norma.b

St Lucia ESTUARY KZN South Africa
Hi all...I had a very interesting morning...my cat Smokey jumps up out of a sound sleep and into the open window....this is what we sawView attachment 347007View attachment 347008
a mom and 4 kits, and she was being kind of mean snapping at them and making some noise at them. It must be time for them to leave home. A couple of years ago I came face to face with a kit about that size and he was really c urious about me and really kinda friendly. He sniffed my hand, we were that close. Some goiod experiences are just that small. I have kind of wondered if that mom was that kit? and I do know every year or other year there's a skunk litter under the tort shed...View attachment 347009
Wow that's lovely to see. My cat also warns me if any animals or people come onto the property. Bit like here in The wilds where I live. Hyenas warthog and Hippos in the streets at night. Even the occasional Leopard gets spotted ( excuse the pun) An odd Baboon and monkeys during the day. Seen a lot of tortoises over the years too. It's been a great 22 years but time for me to go back to civilization. Moving to Pretoria in a couple of months when sale is finalized.

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
Wow that's lovely to see. My cat also warns me if any animals or people come onto the property. Bit like here in The wilds where I live. Hyenas warthog and Hippos in the streets at night. Even the occasional Leopard gets spotted ( excuse the pun) An odd Baboon and monkeys during the day. Seen a lot of tortoises over the years too. It's been a great 22 years but time for me to go back to civilization. Moving to Pretoria in a couple of months when sale is finalized.
Something you want to do, or have to do? I'd go crazy seeing those wild animals in the flesh that is just super cool...

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA

Interesting….roving hippos at night. Very cool.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Well then happy anniversary anyway. Was that you and your sweet heart? It better be a good freebie then.😊

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
She probably was that kit. Or even maybe her kit and the family keeps coming around. It's home for them and how nice.🤗

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Hey all, awhile back some of you were telling me about a medical apparatus that helped relieve pain. I believe it started with a M. Some of you really liked it for pain relief. Rose will be having a neck operation done when we get back from vacation. The injections on her neck don't help much. Also the condition of her vertebraes are getting worse
I would like to get her the item some of you spoke of.
If I can get her any kind of relief to get her through the next month would be great. Does anyone remember what I am referring to? We were discussing pain relief for me.

Jan A

Boulder, CO
Yes that's it! I guess a M looks like a T.🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪🤣
Thank you sooooooo much!
It works best on me when I go walking. It would work if I used it while i'm vaccuuming, but I haven't figured out how to hold onto it & vacuum at the same time. Mine has tenns mode, exercise mode & massage mode & charges the batteries via USB port like a cell phone. It's a cross between holding hands in a circle hooked up to the old telephone magnetos(?) while someone churns the crank & those static electricity balls.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Well... you are probably thru the worst of it. Driving through Atlanta is interesting even if you plan it for the right time. Oh yeah I forgot you are driving north. What ever you do! Avoid driving north on the Cincinnati bridge to Ohio. Take a little scenic route around it.🤗🙏
It is unbelievable that bridge was aloud to get in the condition it is.