COLD DARK ROOM

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Lancaster
Hi there, the shop didn't have the laptop I wanted in stock so I had to order it online. The old laptop I've been using didn't have any security on it so I used my sister's to order it safely.
I eventually decided on a Dell Inspiron 16 plus 7610. I've always had Dells and they've been pretty good so stuck with what I know. The position of the symbols for @ and " turned out not to be an issue. It seems they are reversed on the US models which the pictures on the website showed, but they are still in the same spots for the UK so I don't have to retrain myself - it took me so long to get a straight answer about that though - even the Dell help team didn't know.
Anyway it arrived today and so far so good!!
Yeah! I'm glad you'll be able to talk more with us.🤗😉

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Good morning/afternoon all.
It's dry and bright here today but temps are lower and much more comfortable.
I must say, I'm loving my new laptop and the mobility of it - I could only use my old one when it was plugged in to the mains and the jack was taped in (because of a broken port) and this new one is so light, so the world's my oyster now!!
I've secured Lola's enclosure so hopefully he won't be able to knock it down again. He's stretched out enjoying the sun at the moment - probably planning his next great escape.;)
I hope you all have a good Thursday and I'll see you later.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Every Sunday we get the Columbus Dispatch newspaper. Joe loves the cartoon pages. I enjoy the crossword puzzles. It's a tradition from way back... and well I use the paper for lining for my birds and bunny. 😁 today was clean the bunny litter pan day. On my travels today I ran across this news article 😊🐇😁 that was in this past Sunday's post IMG_20220806_162902111.jpg

Jan A

Boulder, CO
Every Sunday we get the Columbus Dispatch newspaper. Joe loves the cartoon pages. I enjoy the crossword puzzles. It's a tradition from way back... and well I use the paper for lining for my birds and bunny. 😁 today was clean the bunny litter pan day. On my travels today I ran across this news article 😊🐇😁 that was in this past Sunday's post View attachment 348444
About 3 or 4 yrs ago, it was a bunny yr in Boulder. I would go on walks & count about 35 bunnies every day just in my neighborhood. There was another area my hubby & I walked to & we called it "bunny haven." My record for a long walk in both neighborhoods was 92. I luv bunnies!! I've only seen 2 bunnies here in Oklahoma. Bummer!!

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
About 3 or 4 yrs ago, it was a bunny yr in Boulder. I would go on walks & count about 35 bunnies every day just in my neighborhood. There was another area my hubby & I walked to & we called it "bunny haven." My record for a long walk in both neighborhoods was 92. I luv bunnies!! I've only seen 2 bunnies here in Oklahoma. Bummer!!
I luv them too.☺️ They are so funny 🤣

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
This is a little video of the hummingbird that has red on his throat that showed up lately. Still the same dull wallflower as the little female that shows up also 🤗 you have to watch because you just get a flash of red now and then. Even in person they aren't flashy and shiny like jewels but they still are little jewels. I like this feeder because they just relax
View attachment 1659971098331.mp4
and get a drink 🍻

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Good afternoon /evening all.
Hope you're all well.
I've had a busy few days and met up with a some family I haven't seen for ages over the weekend which was lovely.
Weather here is still very dry and getting hotter again. Still no hosepipe ban yet but there should be.
Lola is still enjoying the sunshine and hates it when I have to bring him inside if I go out. When I get back he almost runs to the door to be let out. It's great to see him being a normal tortoise!
See you soon.

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Good afternoon /evening all.
Hope you're all well.
I've had a busy few days and met up with a some family I haven't seen for ages over the weekend which was lovely.
Weather here is still very dry and getting hotter again. Still no hosepipe ban yet but there should be.
Lola is still enjoying the sunshine and hates it when I have to bring him inside if I go out. When I get back he almost runs to the door to be let out. It's great to see him being a normal tortoise!
See you soon.

And it’s been hot, humid & wet here. Another round of storms just blew through.

C06BB93F-BA5A-4D1D-B8E4-6539F7EED2C8.jpeg

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
It was pretty nice here even though the temperature got to 90°f+. Upwards to a 100. A breeze blew on and off day and kept it bearable. Yesterday we had a pop up storm in the middle of the same temperatures. It dropped to 70°f in a matter of about 15 minutes 😱 Sapphire was outside and I soaked myself to make sure he was ok. Well as it turned out, it was one of those deluges he doesn't mind being in. He was out and about. I'm glad I brought him in though. I've never allowed him to be all the way down to 70°f since the day he arrived home.🤗

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Good morning/afternoon all,
We have warnings out for extreme heat towards the end of the week but it's pretty unbearable here already. No rain on the horizon until the beginning of next week and then only light showers. :( We could do with some of that rain Mark is getting,
I went shopping this morning really early before it got too hot but even then walking through the freezer/fridge sections was wonderful to cool off - I could have stayed there all day! I then had a trip to the library, but apart from that I'm staying indoors.
I hope Tuesday is going well for everyone.

Warren

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Balto. MD
Are we tired of the heat yet, give it a few weeks. We are in the dog days of summer now. My Sammy has enough scene to stay of of the heat, wish we all could stay cool and be waiting on like our Tortoises.

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Are we tired of the heat yet, give it a few weeks. We are in the dog days of summer now. My Sammy has enough scene to stay of of the heat, wish we all could stay cool and be waiting on like our Tortoises.

Yes….our Sully out early in the morning sun. Chows down…big pooooooooops, and back inside her shady outdoor nightbox. Out again around 1930 for snacks before The Tonight Show. 🥵

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Yes….our Sully out early in the morning sun. Chows down…big pooooooooops, and back inside her shady outdoor nightbox. Out again around 1930 for snacks before The Tonight Show. 🥵
Lola rarely goes out before 11 a.m. then just wanders in and out all day. He's either out grazing or stretched out in the sun. The longest he's been out is about 2 hours, but I think even he is finding it too hot and he doesn't seem to have realised that he could stay out and lie in the shade. He's usually settled in his hide for the night by about 7 pm though.

Last edited: