COLD DARK ROOM

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Lancaster
Good morning/afternoon all,
It's a warm day here but some rain's on the way later as it passes across the country - hope it gives us a good drench even if it is a quick one.
Hope you're all having a good day.
Yesterday it was a lovely mid nineties and today it's the mid sixties. Just in time to usher in fall. It's supposed to get all the way down to the mid forties tonight. Eeeeek!!!! and even stay like that for the next few days. Sixties through the day and forties through the nights. We usually get a good frost though first and maybe even a freeze. Then we'll get Indian summer and I'll be able to get Sapphire out still.🤗 Then I guess winter 🥶🥶 dang it. I guess we need it ☺️ so I'll try to not complain to loudly 😜

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
It is crisp this morning, a cool 59F when I left for work. We got rain yesterday and a lot of wind last night apparently as I slept. I walked out at 3AM to take my trash out and it looked like a HUGE dog was crouching at the curb?!?....I looked closer and it was a branch......a 1.5er fully "leaved" had broken off the tree and fallen in the road.....weird how stuff looks like really weird stuff sometimes LOL....there was a lot of neighborhood stuff- trash cans, branches.. everywhere when I drove out.

I looked for Matilda in her home yesterday but she was nowhere to be seen, she was dug in somewhere. Smart girl.

I have 100lb of grass seed and the drop spreader to apply it, loaded in my truck to take to Kerry's this weekend so by Sunday, I'll be whining again from the whip marks...be forewarned<LOL>.

I may do better as Linc will be home Saturday and I usually "Tom Sawyer" him into doing stuff when I need it.....he's a very smart & fit 24y/o kid and more like me in the "likes adventures" way than all of our other kids....but like a normal kid, doesn't want to do too much........but I'm very much wiser! He is selling Boston Whalers on Kent Island in Md now(shameless plug) and I always knew Whalers were $$$ because I spent half my childhood on the water but holy cow, you want to see what rich people buy? LMAO...stupid money, just stupid.....so if you have stupid $$ and want a unsinkable boat...there you go!

Anyway, we need to be done at her house this weekend, I'm getting tired of the project.......

I was thinking as I drove in this morning, how it bothers me that more and more folks seem to flaunt the laws as someone did something stupid in traffic at 3 digits at 4:30 in the morning....as I was being mad at all these guys, it hit me.....I ran though a mall, naked @ 16.....a mall filled with folks, and their children, not only did I do said crime, I got my girlfriend, my best friend and HIS girlfriend to join me...have to tell you guys about that sometime....but needless to say.....I'm not mad anymore!

Enjoy the day guys.........

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
It is crisp this morning, a cool 59F when I left for work. We got rain yesterday and a lot of wind last night apparently as I slept. I walked out at 3AM to take my trash out and it looked like a HUGE dog was crouching at the curb?!?....I looked closer and it was a branch......a 1.5er fully "leaved" had broken off the tree and fallen in the road.....weird how stuff looks like really weird stuff sometimes LOL....there was a lot of neighborhood stuff- trash cans, branches.. everywhere when I drove out.

I looked for Matilda in her home yesterday but she was nowhere to be seen, she was dug in somewhere. Smart girl.

I have 100lb of grass seed and the drop spreader to apply it, loaded in my truck to take to Kerry's this weekend so by Sunday, I'll be whining again from the whip marks...be forewarned<LOL>.

I may do better as Linc will be home Saturday and I usually "Tom Sawyer" him into doing stuff when I need it.....he's a very smart & fit 24y/o kid and more like me in the "likes adventures" way than all of our other kids....but like a normal kid, doesn't want to do too much........but I'm very much wiser! He is selling Boston Whalers on Kent Island in Md now(shameless plug) and I always knew Whalers were $$$ because I spent half my childhood on the water but holy cow, you want to see what rich people buy? LMAO...stupid money, just stupid.....so if you have stupid $$ and want a unsinkable boat...there you go!

Anyway, we need to be done at her house this weekend, I'm getting tired of the project.......

I was thinking as I drove in this morning, how it bothers me that more and more folks seem to flaunt the laws as someone did something stupid in traffic at 3 digits at 4:30 in the morning....as I was being mad at all these guys, it hit me.....I ran though a mall, naked @ 16.....a mall filled with folks, and their children, not only did I do said crime, I got my girlfriend, my best friend and HIS girlfriend to join me...have to tell you guys about that sometime....but needless to say.....I'm not mad anymore!

Enjoy the day guys.........

I saw you lowering this little guy into the water last weekend.

210B066F-6AF4-4630-AC42-1F1EE1A93396.jpeg

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I’ve got a question; does expecting the unexpected make the unexpected expected? Or have I just had too much coffee?
I guess it comes down to, you have to have enough coffee to come up with a question like that 😉😁 but yes. If it runs across your mind expect it. And you'll need the extra coffee 😜

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I've got the blahs today. Don't really feel like even going outside to take care of the critters. I was planning to change out the water in the water troughs housing the turtles, but that just sounds like too much work for me today.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
I've got the blahs today. Don't really feel like even going outside to take care of the critters. I was planning to change out the water in the water troughs housing the turtles, but that just sounds like too much work for me today.
Hope your get-up-and-go returns soon Yvonne.
Do you syphon the water out before replacing it? That's a lot less work than bailing out with a bucket.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hope your get-up-and-go returns soon Yvonne.
Do you syphon the water out before replacing it? That's a lot less work than bailing out with a bucket.
Will (my tortoise partner) set it up with a PVC coming from the bottom that I just have to tip down to the ground and it empties. I still have to use the shop vac to get what doesn't reach the drain. Then the time consuming part of filling each tub. I generally forget I'm doing this part and end up draining the over fill.

IMG_20220924_104557_hdr.jpg

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Listen to your body. Take the day off.

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Cool & sunny here. Finally some perfect gardening weather. Ive raked, cut the lawn, transplanted & divided a few house plants, gave away a few Snake Plants & a fig tree or two. Cleaned the garage up, participated in a community “garage sale” (i had a bunch of hostas, liriope, monstera, & snake plants up for sale). Pulled some Japanese Stiltgrass for our Sully to graze on. Soon, a wee bonfire on the back deck. Thats enough for today. 65 degrees outside and loving it. (18C)