COLD DARK ROOM

zolasmum

5 Year Member
Are you saying Jeff is immature?????🤣
Not in the least - I didn't mean to be offensive at all. Just his attitude and energy is impressive. Sorry .
LOl....nooooo, right?

26 with 31 lives, on the inside but the outside, well that is more like the Scarecrow in the Wizard of Oz....but thanks....lol

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Lancaster
Bullet dodged Ray.........that's a pretty solid change in course.....you guys were fortunate.

I can't imagine being able to sleep in that Mags....but at least you knew they weren't searching for you!

Kerry just left to go home....good weekend. I got the outside chores done Friday, seeding & stuff, then Matilda's home renovation got done yesterday before Kerry got here and she helped me with the "paperwork crap".... got signed up for Medicare(turn 65 later this yr), got my phone & # transferred to a new carrier, made an appointment to renew drivers license, called in migraine med refills & went grocery shopping, well we did that last night. She was a lifesaver for those things.

Whew.....but I'll admit something funny.

In most situations, I have no issues other than what we all feel. In situations where I'm on the phone, with someone I can barely understand, signing up for stuff....those things cause me huge stress. Explosive stress....so I really have to use "tools" to try to avoid that behavior as I've learned most aren't too thrilled to be around someone wigging out<LOL>! One of those is to let Kerry help me with that stuff. She is just better at it than I am. Before I sat at the computer to sign up for Medicare, I was visibly tense, I even felt tense and could feel my own skin tightening. I checked my O2 and BPM and was golden at 98% & 62 but it sure felt like my heart was racing. Weird isn't it?

Supergirl was there for Superman and Matilda is out early today in the rain exploring her new digs. 57F on the dial but she's exploring....

and Michigan won
Yes turning Medicare age sucked for me. Even though I'm on the no call list insurance companies called me non stop. Agents were even stopping by expecting me to invite them in for tea. You don't want to know what I said to my uninvited guests.😉

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
I don't get the calls or spam to my personal email but I get the mail every day. In my head though I still classify it as "old people stuff" and automatically discard it....I told Kerry yesterday as we were completing it...that I have to stop doing that as SS is supposed to send me something.

I have a canopy that I park my truck under...12x20 or so...frame and cover like they sell at Harbor Freight, but lots stronger. Anyway, I get a bees nest. I don't know what kind of bees they are...black but not wasps....no landing gear....LOL........paper bees build a perfect teardrop nest then proceed to get it about a 10" ball in diameter hanging off the center support at the far end. I parked, checked under the hood right under them sometimes and left at will and they did their bee thing....and all was well.

All was well till yesterday when Kerry was leaving and we were loading her car. I found that if I "twanged" one of the poles, the attack forces would drop of their hive like the Alien Ships coming out of the Motherships in Independence Day!

Yikes...about 75 or 100 dropped out INSTANTLY as the Shock Force contingent and they were MAD. I was 20 feet away at the other end and I just held my breath (CO2 trail)and backed up slowly. Yikes......

I'm not allergic to bees but I sure didn't want to get swarmed so no video.....but it was cool as heck!

We won't be doing that again!

20220801_132838.jpg

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Joe painted a picture 😁View attachment 350502
I love it! The goose's golden egg turned into a ruby? The doctor's head lamp is on sideways. The clock is backwards. I can't figure out why the goose (duck??) is mad unless it's just that she didn't want to go to the vet. Joe's got a wonderful imagination.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I love it! The goose's golden egg turned into a ruby? The doctor's head lamp is on sideways. The clock is backwards. I can't figure out why the goose (duck??) is mad unless it's just that she didn't want to go to the vet. Joe's got a wonderful imagination.
I know it's hilarious 😂 it's a perfect painting for a veterinarians office. How in the world does he come up with this stuff 😂 he cracks me up ☺️

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I can see why Joe paints these weird things in his paintings. Look in the medicine cabinet, " LSD ". LOL
Oh my garsh I just saw that 😁he probably saw it in one of his mad magazines that he collected all his life . Im pretty sure he was born nuts and didn't need a drug 😁

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
Just amazing Ms Cathie, each one is just amazing. I didn't see the med cabinet either!!

Wait a min.......LOL

Is it EVER going to top raining? This is wrist-slitting weather! LOL,
please, no one hurt yourself, this is a joke, right?

This rain started Friday, I know what I saw
I was out side in my yard over seeding it all
Then more rain on Saturday, rain all day through!
Then Sunday washed out, leaving me nothing to do

Then more rain at night, rat-a-tat on the roof
The rain came down lightly then torrents to boot
Big drop little drops all found their way
Into my ear, so my night felt like day

I like rain I do, it does good for us all
But if it doesn't soon stop, I fear for you all

Help just for me as I stew in my whine
Just a day, just one day, of clear bright sunshine

amen

Yes, I'm weirding out.....I don't get depressed in this weather, no...I get abstract.....LOL

enjoy the day....

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Not only has it been pretty much non-stop raining (remnants of Hurricane Ian), but 💧💨❄️ cold as well. Another 45 degree day just warming to 50 ish. Normal temps for this time of year is 72-75 for highs. 63 in the house this morning. Very low 40s over night & foreseeable future.

With such a change in the weather we took a break in yesterday’s rain to move our Sully inside. The move went smoothly, luckily I had a large WalMart box 20 inches by 24 inches & was able to plop Ms Sully inside & get her moved into her winter quarters ‘til Springtime 2023!

Not the best pix to get size…but squished into a 20 x 24 box.

2DC1143B-06BC-48F6-AB4F-3CA107F96165.jpeg

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Not only has it been pretty much non-stop raining (remnants of Hurricane Ian), but 💧💨❄️ cold as well. Another 45 degree day just warming to 50 ish. Normal temps for this time of year is 72-75 for highs. 63 in the house this morning. Very low 40s over night & foreseeable future.

With such a change in the weather we took a break in yesterday’s rain to move our Sully inside. The move went smoothly, luckily I had a large WalMart box 20 inches by 24 inches & was able to plop Ms Sully inside & get her moved into her winter quarters ‘til Springtime 2023!

Not the best pix to get size…but squished into a 20 x 24 box.

View attachment 350525
Do you know the weight of Ms. Sully?

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Good afternoon/evening all,
It's been raining here all afternoon - didn't stop Lola wandering out for some grass earlier on - not for long though and he soon headed back in to warm up in his hide.
I've been helping my nephew look for a new laptop most of the day. His old Dell was the same age as mine - we bought them together 8 years ago - and his has just broken too with the same problem as mine - no light behind the screen - if you shine a light at it you can see computer is working it's just too dark to use. The LEDs behind the screen must have a set life expectancy. It seems it's more expensive to repair them than to replace, which is a shame.:rolleyes:
Also helped him shop for some new shoes and jeans and then had to look for new insurance for my car -so by the time I'd finished my eyes felt pretty strained! I'll be having a PC free night after this.

I hope you're all having a good day, I'm off to rest my eyes and put some cucumber on them - hope Lola doesn't track it down :)
Nos Da!!