COLD DARK ROOM

Lyn W

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
UK
Don’t hold your breath waiting for Ian. Once it came across Florida and made landfall again in South Carolina it bounced it’s way along the Atlantic Coast with heavy rains all along the coastline. It’s way up in Halifax now and moving North North East (NNE).

View attachment 350600
I think Ian is still upsetting the jet stream because we've had a few days of heavy rain and strong winds. Hopefully fizzling out to give us a week of quieter weather.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
I think they re-crewed the station....

On another thread, I've been whining about my new cell....yesterday my oldest texted asking that I call her.
For reference, this is the daughter whose husband got stupid last Christmas and told her he didn't want to stay married, after 18 years.

She was devastated of course, by March she bought a new home and began dating.....she's found someone she gushes over like a teenager......and when I called her last night, she had wanted to invite them BOTH over for dinner.

3 weeks ago, it was "You won't meet him till Christmas, if then...."we're going slow"

I noticed that......LOL

I told her I'd be at Kerry's but of course they were both welcome, 74 miles from her home......not sure they want to do a 3 hr car ride to talk to Dad, but we'll soon see!

Who wants to lay odds that my daughter will be married before the end of next year? LOL
Pleased she's found happiness again after the devastation of divorce - better get your father of the bride speech ready and a new hat for Kerry!!!:)

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Good morning/afternoon all,
We've certainly had some heavy downpours the last few days - much needed - I just don't like the strong winds that come with it, it's not been too cold though.
Lola has been out in the garden even in the rain. He was very cautious around little puddles though, as if he thought if he fell in he may not get out, so he walked around them - very funny to watch. Maybe I should cut the fingers off some rubber gloves to make him little wellies!:D
Happy Friday to everyone!

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
There is a strong possibility that the UK will be having our electricity switched off this winter for periods of 3 hours at a time to save energy. We haven't been given any details or times of how often it will happen yet. I have a heater that runs off gas bottles so I'll be OK and I have a gas cooker so I can keep topping up hot water bottles for Lola and myself if necessary but it's quite worrying for lots of families. I'm looking into solar windows. I have a few that need replacing and in theory it sounds like a good idea and can be done without planning permission, we'll see.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
There is a strong possibility that the UK will be having our electricity switched off this winter for periods of 3 hours at a time to save energy. We haven't been given any details or times of how often it will happen yet. I have a heater that runs off gas bottles so I'll be OK and I have a gas cooker so I can keep topping up hot water bottles for Lola and myself if necessary but it's quite worrying for lots of families. I'm looking into solar windows. I have a few that need replacing and in theory it sounds like a good idea and can be done without planning permission, we'll see.
I'm glad to see you'll be safe through it. I do that preventative emergency storing too. I'm glad I haven't had to use too much of that kind of stuff yet phew...It's still available though in totes 😊

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I always suspected Dilly (our kitty) is a psycho and well he's been officially diagnosed by a vet . He has psychogenic alopecia. Come to find out by reading he's even crazier then that.😭 He probably has feline hyperesthesia in the first place and the pandemic probably brought the whole thing out. I know this all sounds crazy but I have a crazy cat.😜😊

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
I always suspected Dilly (our kitty) is a psycho and well he's been officially diagnosed by a vet . He has psychogenic alopecia. Come to find out by reading he's even crazier then that.😭 He probably has feline hyperesthesia in the first place and the pandemic probably brought the whole thing out. I know this all sounds crazy but I have a crazy cat.😜😊
I'm hoping that sounds far worse than it is. Is Dilly losing fur?

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I'm hoping that sounds far worse than it is. Is Dilly losing fur?
He ate all the hair off his belly but is now growing it back. He's taking Zylkene for now and I'm modifying his behavior slowly. The pandemic got him used to being with Joe all of the time but now things are back to normal. He is adjusting to being with me again 😂 am I that obnoxious 😂

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Three days to knee op!
I'm giving the house a good clean this weekend - mainly so that I don't have to worry too much about it while I'm recovering and partly in case I don't recover from the anaesthetic and the family have to sort it out - it will look fine - as long as they don't open the cupboards!!! 😲
(I'm not really worried about that, it's just one of the side effects the consultant mentioned :))

Time for me to hit the hay. I woke at 5 30 this morning and couldn't get back to sleep so it's been a long old day. So Nos Da from me, enjoy your afternoon/evening!

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
He ate all the hair off his belly but is now growing it back. He's taking Zylkene for now and I'm modifying his behavior slowly. The pandemic got him used to being with Joe all of the time but now things are back to normal. He is adjusting to being with me again 😂 am I that obnoxious 😂
Aw - not at all, Cathie!
We underestimate how our animals can be affected by our behaviour and the changes in our lives don't we?
I hope he feels more settled soon.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Aw - not at all, Cathie!
We underestimate how our animals can be affected by our behaviour and the changes in our lives don't we?
I hope he feels more settled soon.
Yes I did underestimate him .I didn't even think about the fact that he wasn't able to be with Joe all of the time anymore after the pandemic. I was just being his slave letting him in and out of Joe's room by then. And thought I was doing what he needed. I thought tortoises were crazy 🤣 but at least they are antisocial 😁 and I don't have to figure that part of it out 😜🐢

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Three days to knee op!
I'm giving the house a good clean this weekend - mainly so that I don't have to worry too much about it while I'm recovering and partly in case I don't recover from the anaesthetic and the family have to sort it out - it will look fine - as long as they don't open the cupboards!!! 😲
(I'm not really worried about that, it's just one of the side effects the consultant mentioned :))

Time for me to hit the hay. I woke at 5 30 this morning and couldn't get back to sleep so it's been a long old day. So Nos Da from me, enjoy your afternoon/evening!
I’ll be praying you through the knee surgery and wishing for a fast recovery!! Good luck!!

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster