COLD DARK ROOM

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Palm Bay Fl
It's VERY cold here today. Normally I make a fire in the woodstove and don't add wood to it, and that heats the house for the rest of the day, but I've already had to add more logs to the fire to keep it going. VERY cold in here:

40°F
Precipitation: 1%
Humidity: 92%
Wind: 5 mph

The sky is heavily overcast with absolutely NO sun shining through. I've had to leave all the tortoise shed doors closed to keep them inside. Br-r-r-r!
I love a warm wood stove.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
It's good to treat yourself once in a while!
I agree, I just looked at the rates in October. They said that was the slow season. The rooms were 242.00 which is cheaper than what we spent.
This up coming year, Rose has 2 trips scheduled and I am going with some of my sons and friends. For another 3 day fishing trip to the Dry Tortugas. Also try and figure out how to get to Michigan for a visit. So we probably won't do the resort next year.

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
Yes Brother, you see it before we do....by around 8-10 hours I think. Hey, can I leave at 10AM and tell them, "it's a short day"?

21F here this morning, nothing like our friends in the Dakotas and Minnesota are dealing with this morning. Magz in the Northwest reported some darn cold temps the other night too!

Was called into see the bosses for my yearly "beating about the face & head" (bonus time)yesterday.
These guys don't play games....they hand it to you and say "thanks"....the way it should be! The best part was that bosses, all bosses like to use this time to" rah, rah, rah about the upcoming year and how we can increase $$"......they don't even bother with that stuff with me. LOL

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Yes Brother, you see it before we do....by around 8-10 hours I think. Hey, can I leave at 10AM and tell them, "it's a short day"?

21F here this morning, nothing like our friends in the Dakotas and Minnesota are dealing with this morning. Magz in the Northwest reported some darn cold temps the other night too!

Was called into see the bosses for my yearly "beating about the face & head" (bonus time)yesterday.
These guys don't play games....they hand it to you and say "thanks"....the way it should be! The best part was that bosses, all bosses like to use this time to" rah, rah, rah about the upcoming year and how we can increase $$"......they don't even bother with that stuff with me. LOL
Going to be in the 30's at night fri and sat.
Going to roll in Opo's night box. I will put him right next to the Xmas tree. Maybe Opo will see Santa 🎅

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
This is my 3rd time at this place called Aquarium Encounters. They have different aquatic animals to feed and pet. What lures me there are the Sulcata's. They have one big male in his own are. Then 5 females all the same size together in another area. I always have a good time feeding them. I guess no pics of me feeding.
20221215_120551.jpg20221215_115836.jpg

Attachments

• image000000 (27).jpg
    image000000 (27).jpg
    744.6 KB · Views: 3

Warren

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Balto. MD
Hello TFO, just wanted to let everyone know that Sammy turned 5 yrs. old today. He's top weight this month was 58 lbs 9 ozs. Today he only weighed 56 lbs 8 ozs. He's been sleeping alot but still having regular power movements.He is 21 inches long, 15 inches wide and 10 inches tall. Here's a couple of pictures with his birthday hat on.

Attachments

• 20221221_181706.jpg
    20221221_181706.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 4
  • 20221221_163845.jpg
    20221221_163845.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 4

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Hello TFO, just wanted to let everyone know that Sammy turned 5 yrs. old today. He's top weight this month was 58 lbs 9 ozs. Today he only weighed 56 lbs 8 ozs. He's been sleeping alot but still having regular power movements.He is 21 inches long, 15 inches wide and 10 inches tall. Here's a couple of pictures with his birthday hat on.
Sammy is looking great!
Great job Warren!👍

zolasmum

5 Year Member
This is my 3rd time at this place called Aquarium Encounters. They have different aquatic animals to feed and pet. What lures me there are the Sulcata's. They have one big male in his own are. Then 5 females all the same size together in another area. I always have a good time feeding them. I guess no pics of me feeding.
View attachment 352696View attachment 352698
The sulcata is not as handsome as Opo !!
Angie

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
Woke last night at 11pm with a migraine "cooking"....yucky night but got to work at 4:30, had a 7:30 meeting with Target, out of there by 10:15 and headed home!

10 days of Vacation!

DC traffic is already going 30mph.....because it's going to snow.....notice it's not "snowing" , but "going to snow"! LOL

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Woke last night at 11pm with a migraine "cooking"....yucky night but got to work at 4:30, had a 7:30 meeting with Target, out of there by 10:15 and headed home!

10 days of Vacation!

DC traffic is already going 30mph.....because it's going to snow.....notice it's not "snowing" , but "going to snow"! LOL
I wish people around here would act like that and slow down. Or learn how to drive on ice and snow. I won't poke my nose out the door for the next few days and a lot of why is the crazy people out there doing donuts.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Cold, nasty rain all day. 💧💦💧💦 but it’s hanging at 50 F now. By the time the sub-freezing temps arrive the precip will be gone. No ❄️❄️
It's still hanging out around 42°f right now. Phew... and the winds haven't picked up yet. I'm 🙏 so far it's all late even though it was supposed to be earlier.😁❄️❄️❄️💨🥶🐦