COLD DARK ROOM

jeff kushner

Location (City and/or State)
North of Annapolis
Back pain is terrible and is affected by every little movement of everything else , so hope your chiropractor can help. Have you tried a TENS machine?
Thanks Lyn, yes I have a TENs as does Kerry now, they are so cheap now. I am afraid of using it incorrectly on my back though. Maybe the new guy will be able to show me?

Most of my issues aren't really all that bad. I just whine a lot. When I raced, I wasn't good and I crashed....a few times making the "separation move" at 120+ will apparently give you lifelong "memories"! I perfected the left-side shoulder-roll and not surprisingly to me, that's where most of my issues are now! That's right around when the migraines began too. Who da thunk, right?

Then there's the superman thing....
I'm a small guy at 185, but I was hypercompetitive for many years. You know the guy....had to throw further, run faster, more flips off the board & I could usually deadlift more than anyone anywhere near my size(yes, size does matter folks) or out-curl anyone else, regardless of their size. I never met a impromptu "strength challenge" that I didn't love or a carnival "pound the stump-hit the bell" game I didn't win(I came to LOVE following the "big muscled guy"....then pounding the bell and glancing at him and his fender candy). Success breeds that certain cockiness, not my fault, I'm a victim. LOL

Now there's just the age thing......
I don't need to type a word here, do I guys?

enjoy the day...it's Saturday!!

got to pull the battery from the 2 seater....tried to charge it yesterday. The smart charger said "no"
and even the stupid charger wouldn't work...maybe I'll "dislodge the sulfides" with 120V? LOL

I did fire up the vstrom1000.....my only normally aspirated 4 stroke engine that moves people that I own!

Truck has twin turbos, car is supercharged, Yammy 650 is turbocharged....all the rest are 2 stroke Kaws and Zuks!
Pretty funny to me at 2am....

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
got to pull the battery from the 2 seater....tried to charge it yesterday. The smart charger said "no"
and even the stupid charger wouldn't work...maybe I'll "dislodge the sulfides" with 120V? LOL
Well wadda know, I pulled the battery, gave it a split sec "shock", put the stupid charger on it for 10 minutes till it pulled 4 amp, then switched it for the smart charger which will do it slowly, over 24-36 hrs and it's taking a charge. Yay jeff!

The battery is still junk, this is just life support so I don't have to buy a new one till I retag is as Vintage in the Spring. I like to be able to start it every couple weeks and this buys me time...for free.

Somehow somewhere, someone taught me this stuff.....thanks!

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Went wood shopping this morning at our local DIY store (Lowes.) I’m building a small proper heavy duty woodworking bench & needed some lumber for the legs & base. Already have the top - a nice piece of finished butcher block countertop. But what a cluster mess of “wood”. Searched through piles of 4x4x8ft long posts … just a mish mash of twisted junk. We found nicer looking Fir posts but they were triple the price. Eventually we find acceptable Southern Yellow Pine treated posts & find two 8 footers. (Then we schelp back & return the two Fir posts).

Next, Time to find some decent 2x4sx8. We needed about 24 board feet…spent a good 30 minutes sorting Lowes wood for them in our quest for straight unsplintered wood. We then spotted the “Top Choice” wood…but still went through 50 boards to find 4 acceptable ones. Terrible.

Just terrible wood selection AND they want you to pay for it! Most of their dimensional “lumber” should be chopped up & sold as kindling.

Picked up a few more boards for bird houses.
It gets even worse when you look for cedar planks. I guess the builders are getting all the straight wood.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
So there is a app called Game Changer. My 11 year old granddaughter plays 11yr old and under fast pitch softball. They had their first game today indoors in a athletic dome facility. So I downloaded the app and got to watch the game live by transferring from my phone to my TV. The league has a account with Game Changer. So even though she plays in Michigan. I get to watch her play in Florida. 😁

Chubbs the tegu

Ma
So there is a app called Game Changer. My 11 year old granddaughter plays 11yr old and under fast pitch softball. They had their first game today indoors in a athletic dome facility. So I downloaded the app and got to watch the game live by transferring from my phone to my TV. The league has a account with Game Changer. So even though she plays in Michigan. I get to watch her play in Florida. 😁
Thats awesome! I miss the days sitting watching my daughter playing travel ball.. sitting the whole weekends with 3 games a day… wait no i dont haha

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
Try getting the app. There is one now. I like only the emails better because I can tap out easily. Whereas I can't with the app and even when I go through my emails it takes me straight to the app. But the app doesn't take up much memory on my phone so I uninstall it and then reinstall it because it won't stop bugging me to be installed. Every thread that you tap watch when you first start watching can come through your email that you list in your account. Also the people you follow. I'm not sure exactly why this works for me but it does.💕 happy New Year to you also and I've missed you bunches.
Thanks Cathy!!! You’re a DOLL!!!! I will try that right now. I hope this posts…?

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
That is so cool Ray.....and thanks to Chef for hooking you up! Got to love tech!

Come'on Chubbs, you didn't like those "donated days"? You think baseball is bad, have your kid on Swim Team! LOL

AI knowledge is still limited....and fun to play with;

I wonder how long the ads for ebikes will show up in the columns?

You guys all know how that works.

The sheds only disappeared when I began searching for ebikes.....LOL

Pro tip;
When using the internet, the smart man will begin his day by searching for something sexy for his sweetheart to wear, on a highly erotic site.

That's it, nothing else to do..... don't buy, just look!

He will then be rewarded with the sweetest eye candy in the Ads.........LOL

Don't get mad at me girls, from what I've heard, it works for you guys too!

Last edited:

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Thanks Cathy!!! You’re a DOLL!!!! I will try that right now. I hope this posts…?
The last time I uninstalled it worked. I'm not getting bugged to install it now. The app may work better for some people but it doesn't for me. That's only because on my phone I can't tap out on whatever page I'm on like I can through my email. If the app had that feature I would use it. Since I enjoy surfing around on the threads on TFO and reading wherever they take me, it takes a while to get out when I need to.☺️

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
The Flyway runs N/S between Canada and Southern US. I was asking Ms Cathie is where she lives, is in line with Ann Arbor.

Geez Ray, I did go to school, till the 10th grade anyway.....I know that MI is north of OH.............LOL....

The cold truth comes out...jeffrey is a HS dropout...girls in OC MD won out over school....and it wasn't even a close decision.......what will he ever do in life? LMAO

I'm going to have to go out on my deck and see if the whatevers are coming up, like Marks.....those look so good this time of year....Spring is coming!
Something else I learned from a 100 year old Audubon book I just happened to find at a yard sale is that white pelicans used to be native to Ohio. This subject is so interesting to me. Ohio has spent many years trying to get the wildlife that used to be here back. They've succeeded with deer and even bears. Who knows what else?

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Pretty sure that it’s not a Northern Flicker. The males are very distinctive & females have that nice neck patch. Overall coloration just looks off (unless it’s a juvenile).

View attachment 353615
It's strange what is happening to my photo on my phone. The bird is showing up darker and darker than what it really is in person but you're right. It looks like a starling. I think the camera on my phone is changing the photo. This bird doesn't look like the other starlings here though with the beautiful luminous colors. Maybe that's why it tries to beat up all the other starlings and succeeds.🤗

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
The now completed massive bird feeder on display before delivery to the customer. That makes 3 birdhouses & 2 feeders for this bird friendly country gent.

View attachment 353755
It would be so nice if he would let you get photos of the little blue birds he must dearly love. I don't blame him.☺️ I hope he'll be snapping and share them with you.🤗

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
LOL....Ms Cathie....you know this better than I;

"Things change" always. Chicago for instance was once a rainforest. It didn't change overnight but even in your yard over 10-20 years, you can see how the earth has moved over time. It does surprise me that pelicans were once native to Ohio though!

Good day today.....gonna go over to Kerry's after work and work from home tomorrow over there.

Don't you just LOVE that phrase? The sweet feelings just saying it evokes.....sitting on the pier, peace, happiness, flub-off for a day, go for a walk. That would have ruined me had I had that opportunity early in my career though......LOL

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
LOL....Ms Cathie....you know this better than I;

"Things change" always. Chicago for instance was once a rainforest. It didn't change overnight but even in your yard over 10-20 years, you can see how the earth has moved over time. It does surprise me that pelicans were once native to Ohio though!

Good day today.....gonna go over to Kerry's after work and work from home tomorrow over there.

Don't you just LOVE that phrase? The sweet feelings just saying it evokes.....sitting on the pier, peace, happiness, flub-off for a day, go for a walk. That would have ruined me had I had that opportunity early in my career though......LOL
The fact that white pelicans were once native to Ohio surprised me also. I found that antique Audubon book in the early 90's at a yard sale and some others also. I wish I still had them. There was also a high school math book that I found and used to teach my highschool aged kids from. It made today's college books look like at the most junior high grade level. Old books show how much things have changed.

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
I grew up in a family of educators/Dr's.....books used to teach. Enough said

I crossed the Chesapeake Bay at 1pm today and the entire bay looked like a mirror....not a ripple, it was pretty surreal looking. Then five miles over the bridge I saw a beautiful adult Bald Eagle fly left to right in full regalia above and in front of me!

It got me to thinking how well that hydroplane I was trying to convince Kerry of a while back would have flown out there today.......but alas....LOL

At lease my shed guy called to chat about his delivery tomorrow.....