COLD DARK ROOM

Lyn W

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
UK
Good morning all. It's another sunny day here in Wales with no rain on the cards for at least another week. Not much planned for today and it sounds like my noisy neighbours are out so I'm just going to enjoy the peace and quiet. I hope you all have a good Saturday too.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
All kinds of things happening in here. From fish to turtles to tortoises to deer & bunnies too.

I had to do some Black Snake wrangling from our basement. Started last night, finally got him & released.

View attachment 357564
😊 That sounds like an episode and a half 😁. Where is the little darling now? Maybe s/he got in by accident 🤗🙏

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Well... since I needed to fill my schmart bird feeder camera and charge it, (the solar batteryIMG_20230602_193817353_HDR.jpg won't charge there's so much shade), I had to resort to my schmart phone again for another bad photo 😉 I call this one Three Doves

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
That's a nice snake and I'm guessing the uncharacteristic blurred photo is the result of exhaustion after the rodeo? You did great.....99% of the population would have reached out for help.

I'm sorry that you aren't going to get the trip in yet Lyn but you have the priorities right! It's neat because I learned about the Waverly from a friend who used to visit each year, his Mum still lives on IOM, where he grew up.

The doves are beautiful Ms Cathie.....isn't that good luck?

Kerry came over this w/e and I "degreened" & washed my decks, played with Matilda outside and in between we got in some fun scooter rides at the park where we found a turtle, a baby red ear on the road, we put him back in the pond. Kerry is so funny, she saw a moving van on our walk and she just NEEDED to know what the house sold for. "honey, you don't even live here"...."i know" came the sheepish reply. LOL...goof.

I was out on my deck this morning after Kerry left and he came in for 7 seconds; I managed to get my cell camera on him just in time!(see how clean that deck is? LOL)
20230604_120929.jpg

I have been reading how to use my camera and I took this at 2,000fps....kinda cool;
w2.JPG

Now, if I could just catch those hummingbirds! Actually, we're going to that hummingbird garden next week so I need to get up to speed, cause I'm not toting a 624pg(all English!!!) manual with us!

Lazy afternoon, it was cool this morning and I haven't seen Matilda yet, the sun is on her leaf bed so she may come out. Kerry wore her out playing with her yesterday. Daughter just sent me a pic of her in her wedding dress....yes, a "dad" moment ensued...my kids can still make me cry. :)

So I got in trouble from the SHC for an infraction.....I told them that I honestly had no idea what just I toss on my dresser.....but that wasn't the issue....anyone spot it?
20230603_081229.jpg

Enjoy the afternoon..72 and sunny here...mostly!

Last edited:

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
That's a nice snake and I'm guessing the uncharacteristic blurred photo is the result of exhaustion after the rodeo? You did great.....99% of the population would have reached out for help.

I'm sorry that you aren't going to get the trip in yet Lyn but you have the priorities right! It's neat because I learned about the Waverly from a friend who used to visit each year, his Mum still lives on IOM, where he grew up.

The doves are beautiful Ms Cathie.....isn't that good luck?

Kerry came over this w/e and I "degreened" & washed my decks, played with Matilda outside and in between we got in some fun scooter rides at the park where we found a turtle, a baby red ear on the road, we put him back in the pond. Kerry is so funny, she saw a moving van on our walk and she just NEEDED to know what the house sold for. "honey, you don't even live here"...."i know" came the sheepish reply. LOL...goof.

I was out on my deck this morning after Kerry left and he came in for 7 seconds; I managed to get my cell camera on him just in time!(see how clean that deck is? LOL)
View attachment 357600

I have been reading how to use my camera and I took this at 2,000fps....kinda cool;
View attachment 357601

Now, if I could just catch those hummingbirds! Actually, we're going to that hummingbird garden next week so I need to get up to speed, cause I'm not toting a 624pg(all English!!!) manual with us!

Lazy afternoon, it was cool this morning and I haven't seen Matilda yet, the sun is on her leaf bed so she may come out. Kerry wore her out playing with her yesterday. Daughter just sent me a pic of her in her wedding dress....yes, a "dad" moment ensued...my kids can still make me cry. :)

So I got in trouble from the SHC for an infraction.....I told them that I honestly had no idea what just I toss on my dresser.....but that wasn't the issue....anyone spot it?
View attachment 357602

Enjoy the afternoon..72 and sunny here...mostly!
If I knew what the SHC is I might be able to come up with a credible answer 🤔🙃 especially since that looks so much like our furniture 😉

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
If I knew what the SHC is I might be able to come up with a credible answer 🤔🙃 especially since that looks so much like our furniture 😉
And I love that picture of the hawk. The color of light on the deck makes it exceptional. You're lucky to capture it 🤗

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
Oh don't worry bout it Ms Cathie....they CLAIMED that you could see the "S" in the reflection, claimed I must have left the cape on the bed...blah blah....

Fantasyland is a cool place if you know how to visit and not really live there.

LOL

SHC=Super hero commission

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
That's a great vid! Nice slowmo...just a little foggy like we are! I've been trying to take slow motion too and it's not easy.....

If you get enthused, I'm sure there are free movie edit programs that will clean and brighten it up, automatically, a prereq for me, always!

Meant to post this for you guys this morning;

Just a cool still photo
h6a.JPG

A beautiful afternoon here. Oldest daughter called to share wedding plans, 2nd marriage for both of them but they want and are paying for a proper wedding & reception. They don't have a lot of money. She has an extra 12 dollars a month and he makes way less than 65K in his nonprofit job. His home is paid for which is how they will make it and I have a feeling, "money" would be the easiest obstacle he's faced in life! The guy is tough, on the inside where most can't see it.

I'm gonna to have a conversation with her mom bout helping them out, I already spoke with Kerry and she of course is onboard. I may come up with; "let them do it" just so they can have the experience of saving their pennies for the next 6 months and shopping to death everything to get the best value, we can always help them afterwards, right? They are happy and that's what matters.

On a separate tab I just ordered 3 steaks, they will be on my porch when I get home at 1pm tomorrow!! from Florida & the shipping is free!

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
That's a great vid! Nice slowmo...just a little foggy like we are! I've been trying to take slow motion too and it's not easy.....

If you get enthused, I'm sure there are free movie edit programs that will clean and brighten it up, automatically, a prereq for me, always!

Meant to post this for you guys this morning;

Just a cool still photo
View attachment 357614

A beautiful afternoon here. Oldest daughter called to share wedding plans, 2nd marriage for both of them but they want and are paying for a proper wedding & reception. They don't have a lot of money. She has an extra 12 dollars a month and he makes way less than 65K in his nonprofit job. His home is paid for which is how they will make it and I have a feeling, "money" would be the easiest obstacle he's faced in life! The guy is tough, on the inside where most can't see it.

I'm gonna to have a conversation with her mom bout helping them out, I already spoke with Kerry and she of course is onboard. I may come up with; "let them do it" just so they can have the experience of saving their pennies for the next 6 months and shopping to death everything to get the best value, we can always help them afterwards, right? They are happy and that's what matters.

On a separate tab I just ordered 3 steaks, they will be on my porch when I get home at 1pm tomorrow!! from Florida & the shipping is free!
I really didn't mean to do slow motion 🥴 the camera can't possibly keep up with the little hummer. That birds wings move so fast you can barely see them moving. The wings look like they are buzzing. My eyes can see way faster than that camera and I can't half see. However, I got one 🙃

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
Don't feel badly.....my Underwater capable Tough-guy 5 will shoot Full HD at 240fps......but I'm not too good at doing it!

I'll get my buddy to post a couple of vids I took at Kerry's Aunts home a few years ago and set the link on the Hummingbird thread in a little bit. They actually came out "watchable" LOL

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Hello everyone, need to do some catching up here. I have been to follow-up appointments after my pneumonia. I am not at 100% but slowly getting there.
Rose goes in tomorrow to have disc replacement at C5,C6 and C7 of her spine. Might have to bring in someone to give us a little help.

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Hello everyone, need to do some catching up here. I have been to follow-up appointments after my pneumonia. I am not at 100% but slowly getting there.
Rose goes in tomorrow to have disc replacement at C5,C6 and C7 of her spine. Might have to bring in someone to give us a little help.

Good luck down there. A little helping hand would give u peace of mind as well.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Oh yes you'll have to get some help. She'll try to overdo it. And knowing you you will too. I'll be praying 🙏 as usual when I think of you. I was wondering how you all were doing.😊 and up you pop 🤗

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
Rose goes in tomorrow to have disc replacement at C5,C6 and C7 of her spine. Might have to bring in someone to give us a little

Wow, all three at the base of her neck........yes, if you have access to help, grab it Ray. You guys have obstacles few do, take the help if you can get it and good luck to your sweetheart.

Here's a smile for your long day today buddy....

My Kerry makes me laugh, she likes wearing a fanny-pack when we travel....heck I like it because I can hand her all my junk and in it goes! Hands free traveling! Well her fanny-pack has a strap and a plastic buckle, you guys know the type. Last night on the phone she says that she can't find her "strap on".

Don't EVER call it that again honey, ESPECIALLY is anyone else is in earshot....it creates a really, really bad look for me! While some of us are "educated", she never was...she had no idea what the other meaning of that was.

Good luck today!!

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Wow, all three at the base of her neck........yes, if you have access to help, grab it Ray. You guys have obstacles few do, take the help if you can get it and good luck to your sweetheart.

Here's a smile for your long day today buddy....

My Kerry makes me laugh, she likes wearing a fanny-pack when we travel....heck I like it because I can hand her all my junk and in it goes! Hands free traveling! Well her fanny-pack has a strap and a plastic buckle, you guys know the type. Last night on the phone she says that she can't find her "strap on".

Don't EVER call it that again honey, ESPECIALLY is anyone else is in earshot....it creates a really, really bad look for me! While some of us are "educated", she never was...she had no idea what the other meaning of that was.

Good luck today!!
Looks like Rose will be staying another night at the hospital. Everything is going ok with her, she just used the excuse of me being handicapped and she still doesn't feel safe walking yet. She is in La La land. They are giving her 15mg oxycodon every 4 hours and then morphine 45 minutes later every 4 hrs. 🤪🤪
No wonder why she doesn't want to come home. 🤣