COLD DARK ROOM

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Palm Bay Fl
Wow! Resurrection!!!!
The only thing I did different with new plants. I watered it with water from the rain barrels. I really think water that comes from the water softener. Is not good for plants. I think that is some of the problem I have being successful with starting plants.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
" Experts" say:

The water from the softener should never be used as drinking water due to the remaining sodium.

If so, it makes sense that it would inhibit plant growth too.
We use bottled water, not only because of the softener but Florida water is the worst.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
We use bottled water, not only because of the softener but Florida water is the worst.
I use a Pur water filter on the tap for my critters drinking water and cooking. I myself have to drink spring water even for my coffee. The water filter helps but it's still a bit hard.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
I use a Pur water filter on the tap for my critters drinking water and cooking. I myself have to drink spring water even for my coffee. The water filter helps but it's still a bit hard.
Florida water stinks and has a gray tint to it. My well point is in the aquifer but the water is still lousy.

The_Four_Toed_Edward

Finland
Me and Edward drink tap water, since the water quality here in Finland is up to our standards. The hardness and overall taste vary a bit from city to city, but the overall quality is standardized. I am really grateful for it, so I don't have to spend extra on filters or anything to get drinking quality water, but I sometimes think that it id overdone (even the toilet bowl gets filled with water that has been initially made drinking quality).

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
We have well water at the Nook and it's barely got a hint of "Water/creekfront". I installed an RO filter for the fridge but it's fine for drinking. I saw a sign yesterday....only $6.50 for 5 gal of H2O & I broke out laughing.

Just like Cigs and frogs in hot water.......if you ratchet it up slow enough, they will self-cook, in both cases!
I spend less buying 240buck an ounce WEED than my neighbor does on cigs.....LOL noooooo, nothing wrong here folks!

Kerry is still sleeping. We are wiped! We got all 6 bikes and 1 car over the Bay Bridge, to the Nook.
WHEW! I burned more calories from stress than the work!

I'm having a fire sale on Craigslist later today for the remaining 5 bikes.

My septic guy is laying a new drainfield next week, the day scheduled for closing on the sale. LOL

Tammy is going to hate us......................she is in Jamaica keeping her head down from the storm......and I'm reaching out to Sunset at the Palms to see about a return trip TO Jamaica in a week or two for a week or two.

The Williamsburg trip was needed to get over the mountain of moving the vehicles. The next trip will be needed to get back to normal after the sale is complete. LOL

Hmmm, I wonder if Kerry will be up for parasailing again???