COLD DARK ROOM

jeff kushner

Location (City and/or State)
North of Annapolis
Happy BD music lady! Enjoy your day!

We got up this morning...well after Kerry woke and came out to 4 deer in the yard. 2 moms and 2 fawns. I love it! I put it this way to a friend; " A lot of people see Bald eagles, we have them in the yard"

I'm on a crash course to increase my range of motion in my neck. I haven't been able to look at the horizon in 6 weeks. I forced it yesterday and am trying to maintain that increase but ya'll know what the cost of that is.The shoulder is doing much better but I'm not where I want to be. Im calling in reinforcements tomorrow.....the Needle Doc. It can't hurt to find out what the deal is.

Enjoy the day guys....

MaNaAk

Southend
Happy BD music lady! Enjoy your day!

We got up this morning...well after Kerry woke and came out to 4 deer in the yard. 2 moms and 2 fawns. I love it! I put it this way to a friend; " A lot of people see Bald eagles, we have them in the yard"

I'm on a crash course to increase my range of motion in my neck. I haven't been able to look at the horizon in 6 weeks. I forced it yesterday and am trying to maintain that increase but ya'll know what the cost of that is.The shoulder is doing much better but I'm not where I want to be. Im calling in reinforcements tomorrow.....the Needle Doc. It can't hurt to find out what the deal is.

Enjoy the day guys....
Another photo because my new ornament was more sparkly under the light:IMG20240818211215.jpg

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Kennesaw is just north of Atlanta. I think you are talking about the HOV lanes. You must have 2 people in the car to use them. You are right the first HOV lane exits and your in Atlanta. You have to watch for the signs that the HOV lane exists soon.
I'm not sure which one I took. It's been years. It was just little old me in not much traffic right in the middle of Atlanta. Eeeek 🙃so I decided to exit stage left and found out I made the right move.😊

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Happy Birthday Natrah, Hope you have a wonderful day! Rose and I will be home today. We have about 4hrs of driving. I get to see Opo today.😁
The two of you are incredible. Have a good time with Opo.🙃 Was he excited to see you 🙏😁or did he act like your favorite pet rock 🤣

Lyn W

10 Year Member!
UK
I really worried about getting a dog because of my bunny. Sapphire is never exposed to him but he's a small tortoise so it's easy. Mr Fre is becoming better and better about not chasing the bunny. They interact a lot of times just peacefully sniffing each other or sleeping close. Mr Fre is a chore and a half but slowly settling into our routine and doing well. It takes time and patience. He is still a young pup. He's been a real joy anyway. I never understood how intelligent dogs are until now. They are as interesting as rabbits. Even with all the work I'm glad I adopted him.
Alfie ignores Lola now, he's not at all curious if he catches sight of a moving rock. On the other hand Lola is very curious about the ball of fluff that is Alfie, and tries to get through his gate when he sees him. I wouldn't trust them together - if Lola was to creep up on the dog he could be easily spooked and it would only take one quick snap for Lola to be on the receiving end of those sharp teeth so best kept apart.

Lyn W

10 Year Member!
UK
shopping

Happy birthday Natrah, hope you've been 'shellabrating' too and had a lovely day.

Last edited:

Lyn W

10 Year Member!
UK
Good afternoon/evening all.
It's been a lovely weekend weather wise, but rain is on the way again tomorrow.

Alfie has gone home now. We did a 4 -5 mile walk back along the canal this afternoon to meet my sister and her hubby at a pub so that I could hand him over, and we had a very nice late lunch before they set off.
It's very quiet without him, he's been like a shadow following me about and he loves cwtches (cuddles) and chasing his ball, so he certainly makes his presence felt when he's here.

I hope everyone has had a lovely Sunday.
It's strange to think summer will soon be over - I suppose it was quite late arriving here so it's felt shorter than usual. We've just got to make the most of the sunshine while we can.
Nos Da for now.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Alfie ignores Lola now, he's not at all curious if he catches sight of a moving rock. On the other hand Lola is very curious about the ball of fluff that is Alfie, and tries to get through his gate when he sees him. I wouldn't trust them together - if Lola was to creep up on the dog he could be easily spooked and it would only take one quick snap for Lola to be on the receiving end of those sharp teeth so best kept apart.
Yep. That's the kind of stuff I'm watching over like a hawk or mother hen. As soon as my back is turned Mr Fre is up to no durn good. Good thing I have eyes in the back of my head 😭

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Good afternoon/evening all.
It's been a lovely weekend weather wise, but rain is on the way again tomorrow.

Alfie has gone home now. We did a 4 -5 mile walk back along the canal this afternoon to meet my sister and her hubby at a pub so that I could hand him over, and we had a very nice late lunch before they set off.
It's very quiet without him, he's been like a shadow following me about and he loves cwtches (cuddles) and chasing his ball, so he certainly makes his presence felt when he's here.

I hope everyone has had a lovely Sunday.
It's strange to think summer will soon be over - I suppose it was quite late arriving here so it's felt shorter than usual. We've just got to make the most of the sunshine while we can.
Nos Da for now.
Mr Fre's favorite game is playing ball too. Follows me around like a little shadow and is a fluffy little yap trap too. He thinks he's the boss 😜 and always wants a belly rub. I'm stuck.😉🥴

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
The two of you are incredible. Have a good time with Opo.🙃 Was he excited to see you 🙏😁or did he act like your favorite pet rock 🤣
I was surprised, he came right to me. Of course I had some cactus for him. But he let me rub his head,neck and legs. Then when I scratched his shell. He sat down and enjoyed it.
After spending time with him. I went in the house and turned the A/C on. About 10min later I noticed it wasn't working. Did a few of the general maintenance on it and got it running. I was just about ready to jump in the van and spend a night at a hotel.
Talked Rose into unloading the van tomorrow.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Opo hates the bulldog next door. Opo tries to climb thru the fence. The dog just looks at him.

Len B

10 Year Member!
Southern Md - Northern Neck Va
Ok thanks, my neighbor said he likes Buffalo Trace and Blanton. Both made at Buffalo Trace distillery.
How do they compare with the bourbons you mentioned?
I can answer part of your question now. They have miniatures of Buffalo Trace at our local ABC store. It's very smooth and tasty over ice. I hope you were able to get some for your neighbor. So not as rare as I was led to believe by what I saw online. Thanks for alerting me about it's existence because I had never of it before.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
I can answer part of your question now. They have miniatures of Buffalo Trace at our local ABC store. It's very smooth and tasty over ice. I hope you were able to get some for your neighbor. So not as rare as I was led to believe by what I saw online. Thanks for alerting me about it's existence because I had never of it before.
I found it in Michigan. Bought a big bottle of Buffalo Trace and a bottle of Blanton. The bottle is round and the cap has a horse on top. Each bottle has a horse on top. Running in different positions of a stride. Also each cap also has a letter. That when you collect all the letters,it spells Blanton. Guess it is a sales ploy.