COLD DARK ROOM

Lyn W

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
UK
Good morning all.
We're still having mixed weather at the moment. It's dry today with sunny spells.
I'm going to be spending the evening at my nephew's house with little Isaac. His mum is due to have their second baby next week and they had a false alarm a few nights ago, so I'm on call this week to go and sit with him in case they have to rush to hospital and her parents can't get there. I think I'll put an overnight bag in the car in case I'm needed. I wonder how Isaac will react to being a big brother 🤗.
I hope everyone has a good day, this week seems to be racing by.

Lyn W

10 Year Member!
UK
Good morning/afternoon all.
It's a warm sunny day here.

I didn't get to see Isaac last night, as the evening was cancelled, because his mum went into labour resulting in the arrival of a baby girl at 1a.m. this morning.
Isaac hasn't seen her yet, he was with his grandma when they left for the hospital, and he's been in nursery all day, so I don't know what he'll make of her when he gets home and finds a baby is there to stay. He wanted a brother so hopefully he won't be too disappointed with a sister.
We'll see!

I hope you're all having a good Thursday. TTFN

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Good morning/afternoon all.
It's a warm sunny day here.

I didn't get to see Isaac last night, as the evening was cancelled, because his mum went into labour resulting in the arrival of a baby girl at 1a.m. this morning.
Isaac hasn't seen her yet, he was with his grandma when they left for the hospital, and he's been in nursery all day, so I don't know what he'll make of her when he gets home and finds a baby is there to stay. He wanted a brother so hopefully he won't be too disappointed with a sister.
We'll see!

I hope you're all having a good Thursday. TTFN
How wonderful. He'll love her. He'll probably try to make a tomboy out of her though. Then the two of them in cahoots are better at driving the parents nuts 😜

The_Four_Toed_Edward

Finland
An old wives tale says plant them around your garden and they will keep rabbits out. I don't know if I believe that or not. I can't see a meer marigold plant stopping a wild rabbit from eating carrot tops 😁
I have hears something similar about marigolds keeping snails away!

Lyn W

10 Year Member!
UK
An old wives tale says plant them around your garden and they will keep rabbits out. I don't know if I believe that or not. I can't see a meer marigold plant stopping a wild rabbit from eating carrot tops 😁
You can buy hay with marigolds in for rabbits so can't see them being much of a deterrent 😊 unless of course the French marigolds work.

Lyn W

10 Year Member!
UK
Good morning/afternoon all
It's another lovely day and Lola has spent a lot of time out in the sun.

Alfie is coming to stay for the weekend again while my sister and her hubby go to meet their first granddaughter, Nia Bethan. I'll pop down when they're more settled.
Isaac is getting used to her and showing her his toys but he gets upset when she cries. It's a big change for him having to share the attention but his mum and dad will make sure he's never left out.

I hope you're all having a good start to the weekend, looks like the weather will be good here and I hope the sun shines in your corners of the world too.

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
When I was 15, I tried to grow plants in my room. My mom who had plenty of flower gardens.....caught me when I lied and told her the little plants were Marigolds. I can picture her face as she said: "mari-WHAT?

I knew the gig was up... & every time there is talk of them I am reminded. 😆

Dark and cloudy weather in the Nook here today! I got some yard work done then added a support system for some of my garage shelves.....i had originally tried to use blocks for some spans but it did not work and the shelves bowed when loaded with heavy bins.
This system adds the wood support for the top row of shelving and gives me a anchor point to hang the lower shelves without intruding into my vertical shelf units or workspace.
20240830_101000.jpg

replaces just a support along the wall similar to this:
17250523395124482363457756840222.jpg

Now I miss my big tub....badly!

Congrats on the new baby in the family Lynn....very cool!

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
When I was 15, I tried to grow plants in my room. My mom who had plenty of flower gardens.....caught me when I lied and told her the little plants were Marigolds. I can picture her face as she said: "mari-WHAT?

I knew the gig was up... & every time there is talk of them I am reminded. 😆

Dark and cloudy weather in the Nook here today! I got some yard work done then added a support system for some of my garage shelves.....i had originally tried to use blocks for some spans but it did not work and the shelves bowed when loaded with heavy bins.
This system adds the wood support for the top row of shelving and gives me a anchor point to hang the lower shelves without intruding into my vertical shelf units or workspace.
View attachment 378270

replaces just a support along the wall similar to this:
View attachment 378271

Now I miss my big tub....badly!

Congrats on the new baby in the family Lynn....very cool!
Speaking of being 15.
Once I was kidnapped by a bunch of mimes.
They did unspeakable things to me!🤣🤣🤣