COLD DARK ROOM

jeff kushner

Location (City and/or State)
North of Annapolis
That's funny! & thanks Mark. I was hoping you would know. I thought it was an eel.

Cute turtle pic M!

We had guys do yard work with machines...i dutifully flagged all the sprinkler heads for them to miss. They got here and spied the robot mower!!! I had forgotten about the perimeter and "island" wires!! I couldn't very well pull it up so I told them as long as it wouldn't hurt their machines, have at it. SO, I just finished replacing it all. Whew........i miss that big whirlpool tub! LOL

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
It's 67F here...dark and dreary. Could be a bleak De...nevermind. LOL

nice relaxing day today. Last night we met a friend in the neighborhood and took his RIB (inflatable boat) up to Chestertown for a drink. The sunset was beautiful between the clouds on the water then we came home in the dark:

20240906_205720.jpg

The invite came with a drafting attempt for the HOA ...lol. I'll donate time and sweat and even cash but Kerry and I made an agreement. No positions on any Boards.

Enjoy the evening guys

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Today is my birthday!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Dear Ray,

I've just converted 111 degrees Fahrenheit to Celsius and all I can say is that I hope you're okay!!!!! How are all my other friends in the US coping?

Natrah
It's been a cool fall day here and only got in the high 70's f here. I had to put on a long sleeve shirt and turn off the air conditioner here. Others aren't so fortunate probably.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Dear Ray,

I've just converted 111 degrees Fahrenheit to Celsius and all I can say is that I hope you're okay!!!!! How are all my other friends in the US coping?

Natrah
You are right Cathie thanks for A/C. Visiting the Philippines I was always sticky 24/7. I finally went and bought window A/C's for their bedrooms. I told them I would pay the electric bill. When we left I found out Rose's family were not using the A/C's. So I offered to pay their electric bill. They still don't use them all the time. At lea
st I can help them out. So you are right , some aren't as fortunate.Natrah we have had 111 this year. The temp I showed here. Was where my nephew lives in Chino California. They had 10 days over 100. The highest was 113.
Here in Florida we have had a hot summer. We had a few days in the 100's but it's been a +90 and humid all summer. Opo sleeps with his head sticking out of his box at night. Night time has been in the upper 70's to low 80's and humid.

Last edited:

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
Sleeping is getting more and more rare. I feel fine, just would rather be awake than asleep.

Kerry and & I are going to go scrap barnacles off the floating dock sections for our community later today. John took me at my word about volunteering and showed us the work yesterday. He showed us the hand-held scrapper they were using and where the pressure washer was at one of the members whose home is on the water and has donated beach space. Hmmm, I came home, copped one of the flat shovels from the tool shed and over to my grinder. I now have a 48" flat shovel with a razors edge.....it ought to make quick work of the suckers, I sure hope.
I haven't scrapped them since I was a kid....a nasty & difficult job.

I've been searching for a new Winter bin for Big Matt. The other one was too tall......but most of the flat ones are only 7" tall. I'm going to move him into the downstairs bedroom and I don't want his winter quarters to dominate the room as it did in the dining room so he's going to have to suck it up and live in a smaller space. If I can do it, he can do it! LOL

Kerry put ad's in the local media for a Yard Sale next Saturday so today we went to meet "Mr yard sale" who lives a 1/2 mile or so away. He puts out his signs religiously and takes them down each week for his non-stop yard sale! LOL He talks more than I do, holy crap! It was bad...LONELY!!...this guy was like my old motorcycle buddy who had disowned his entire family yet talked of nothing but, on steroids! At one point, I was considering on just killing him with his own yard sale tools just to shut him up....yes, it was that bad! Not really but you get the idea. Anyway, he will coordinate with Kerry so his signs will benefit them both as will Kerry......and I moved my car up so Kerry can stage her stuff under the canopy next to the garage.

So now I'm helping her with "yard sale". I don't mind helping to move the stuff, I just hate yard sales but maybe this won't be so bad. It will give my antisocial butt a chance to meet some of my neighbors I guess. I think she forgot that I'm trying to plan a multi-week vacation for next week but I also realize that she is finding her way in Retirement and with all her free time, she's all over the place. A little tough to be patient with when I don't sleep or eat enough. Maybe she actually believes all that superman stuff?

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Sleeping is getting more and more rare. I feel fine, just would rather be awake than asleep.

Kerry and & I are going to go scrap barnacles off the floating dock sections for our community later today. John took me at my word about volunteering and showed us the work yesterday. He showed us the hand-held scrapper they were using and where the pressure washer was at one of the members whose home is on the water and has donated beach space. Hmmm, I came home, copped one of the flat shovels from the tool shed and over to my grinder. I now have a 48" flat shovel with a razors edge.....it ought to make quick work of the suckers, I sure hope.
I haven't scrapped them since I was a kid....a nasty & difficult job.

I've been searching for a new Winter bin for Big Matt. The other one was too tall......but most of the flat ones are only 7" tall. I'm going to move him into the downstairs bedroom and I don't want his winter quarters to dominate the room as it did in the dining room so he's going to have to suck it up and live in a smaller space. If I can do it, he can do it! LOL

Kerry put ad's in the local media for a Yard Sale next Saturday so today we went to meet "Mr yard sale" who lives a 1/2 mile or so away. He puts out his signs religiously and takes them down each week for his non-stop yard sale! LOL He talks more than I do, holy crap! It was bad...LONELY!!...this guy was like my old motorcycle buddy who had disowned his entire family yet talked of nothing but, on steroids! At one point, I was considering on just killing him with his own yard sale tools just to shut him up....yes, it was that bad! Not really but you get the idea. Anyway, he will coordinate with Kerry so his signs will benefit them both as will Kerry......and I moved my car up so Kerry can stage her stuff under the canopy next to the garage.

So now I'm helping her with "yard sale". I don't mind helping to move the stuff, I just hate yard sales but maybe this won't be so bad. It will give my antisocial butt a chance to meet some of my neighbors I guess. I think she forgot that I'm trying to plan a multi-week vacation for next week but I also realize that she is finding her way in Retirement and with all her free time, she's all over the place. A little tough to be patient with when I don't sleep or eat enough. Maybe she actually believes all that superman stuff?
I to have the sleep problem.
I think I have to accept it, instead of trying to fight it.