COLD DARK ROOM

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Kent, South East England
Good mornooning CDR dwellers!

Sorry I don’t pop in much these days.

Life has taken over and I have had to do a lot of adulting of late which hasn’t been great.

The last month has included my Mum’s death, surgery for a macular hole in my right eye and my father in law having surgery for colon cancer :(

On a happier note, Joes sister has a transfer to Philadelphia in November with her company where she’ll be working as an Ecologist. It include la a ginormous pay rise and we’re all very excited about it :)

I am now heavily involved with the wildlife rescue (or will be when I am allowed to drive again) and absolutely love it. I can’t wait to het back there.

I hope all’s well in the gloom here… I’ll give the jellyfish a quick polish on my way out ;)

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl

Life has taken over and I have had to do a lot of adulting of late which hasn’t been great.

The last month has included my Mum’s death, surgery for a macular hole in my right eye and my father in law having surgery for colon cancer :(

On a happier note, Joes sister has a transfer to Philadelphia in November with her company where she’ll be working as an Ecologist. It include la a ginormous pay rise and we’re all very excited about it :)

I am now heavily involved with the wildlife rescue (or will be when I am allowed to drive again) and absolutely love it. I can’t wait to het back there.

I hope all’s well in the gloom here… I’ll give the jellyfish a quick polish on my way out ;)
Glad to hear from you. Hopefully the tide will change for you and yours. We miss you here.

Lyn W

10 Year Member!
UK

Linda! How lovely to not see you! I often wonder how you are.

I am so sorry to hear about your Mum. I know how devastating that is and also what a busy time it can be, so make sure you find time to look after yourself.

Also sorry to hear about your father in law and I hope his surgery and any other treatment is successful, and the same goes for your eye surgery too. I suppose that must be forcing you to take it easy, so enjoy the rest.

Wonderful news about your daughter and her new job. It's an exciting time for her and I send all good wishes.
Have you booked your holidays with her yet?;)
What's Joe'sbBro up to these days?

We have missed your wit and wisdom, postcards from your travels and stories about the wildlife centre - I bet you have a lot of hedgehogs there at moment. The resident creatures of the CDR have missed you too - they have been sadly neglected.:(

Heather and Carole have also been missing for a long time, but there's still a few of us old regulars here. Maybe if they see your post it may encourage them to pop in too.

I hope when everything calms down for you, you'll be able to chat again, but until then take care. ❤️

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster

Hello 🤗 I'm so glad to not see you 😉. I can never introduce this place like the older members and wish you all were here again. 😘

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
Sorry to hear of anyone's problems...sucky stuff....sorry

Mom deer came over to take a nap!
20240911_165804.jpg
She's awake in this pic but I watched her head getting lower and lower a few minutes ago until she was asleep. I've never seen a deer fall asleep in the wild before! Very cool.

Lyn W

10 Year Member!
UK
Sorry to hear of anyone's problems...sucky stuff....sorry

Mom deer came over to take a nap!
View attachment 379014
She's awake in this pic but I watched her head getting lower and lower a few minutes ago until she was asleep. I've never seen a deer fall asleep in the wild before! Very cool.
How lovely!
She must feel very safe near you.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Linda! How lovely to not see you! I often wonder how you are.

I am so sorry to hear about your Mum. I know how devastating that is and also what a busy time it can be, so make sure you find time to look after yourself.

Also sorry to hear about your father in law and I hope his surgery and any other treatment is successful, and the same goes for your eye surgery too. I suppose that must be forcing you to take it easy, so enjoy the rest.

Wonderful news about your daughter and her new job. It's an exciting time for her and I send all good wishes.
Have you booked your holidays with her yet?;)
What's Joe'sbBro up to these days?

We have missed your wit and wisdom, postcards from your travels and stories about the wildlife centre - I bet you have a lot of hedgehogs there at moment. The resident creatures of the CDR have missed you too - they have been sadly neglected.:(

Heather and Carole have also been missing for a long time, but there's still a few of us old regulars here. Maybe if they see your post it may encourage them to pop in too.

I hope when everything calms down for you, you'll be able to chat again, but until then take care. ❤️
Hello Lyn. Hope all is well with you :)

Joe’s Bro has gone freelance, acquired a lovely French girlfriend and they bought a flat together last year (that’s an apartment for our friends overseas :D ) Life is treating him well, but he is in IT which helps with the salary to afford to buy a property!

We celebrated Joe’s Dad’s retirement with lengthy travels in France around the Rugby World Cup (yes, I was supporting Wales of course)

This year’s plans were more modest and two trips got cancelled due to Mum and a third next month depends on whether the gas bubble in my eye has dissipated. We’re keeping our fingers crossed for 4 days in Budapest!

Next year, we’ll undoubtedly visit Joe’s Sis in Philadelphia. We have other plans too, but I’ll let on nearer the time. :)

And at the rescue, we’ve just got over baby bird season and are now hitting peak hedgehog season! I need to steer clear of infection risks to my eye at the moment so I can’t do shifts yet. Hopefully I’ll be cleared for both driving and that at the end of the month 🤞

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Hello 🤗 I'm so glad to not see you 😉. I can never introduce this place like the older members and wish you all were here again. 😘
Not so much of the old thank you :D

I may feel decrepit, but in the CDR gloom I am sure I look younger than my years 😂 Those jellyfish sure give a flattering light especially as I’m operating with one eye at the moment :D

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Not so much of the old thank you :D

I may feel decrepit, but in the CDR gloom I am sure I look younger than my years 😂 Those jellyfish sure give a flattering light especially as I’m operating with one eye at the moment :D
There's two meanings to old and I think both of them are flattering 😊 especially since I fit into at least one of them. I'm being on the decrepid side for now too though. My sacarilliac has been giving me fits for going on 5 months now. That's the drawback for the old I am. Stuff deteriorates. I can't wait for you to be able to get back to your sanctuary and hope you can send us some nice pictures of the wildlife again soon.🤗🙏