Coming up on my one year

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndrewTillmann

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
De Pere, Wisconsin
With my Russian buddy Doug. Just want some second opinions on how you guys think he looks! Meaning shell and whatever. I feed him a large variety of greens. Most of which I grow myself. Kale, collards, Swiss chard, dandelions, and hostas among other things. I have a cuttlebone in his zoo med tortoise house and give him calcium powder once in a while on his food. I have both UVA and UVB bulbs and his house is generally around 85-90 in the basking spot and 75 on the cool side. I soak him once weekly.

I keep calling Doug a him but I'm 99% sure he's a she :) anyway, I'm gonna attach some pictures. If you guys could just comment on what you think of his shell and stuff, that'd be great! The scratches on his shell were there when I got him from petsmart:( infact he looks basically identical to when I got him. I love him very much and I hope he's looking good:)

Ps. I plan on bringing him to the vet soon for a worm check.

Thanks guys!ImageUploadedByTortForum1379469408.100784.jpgImageUploadedByTortForum1379469427.382831.jpgImageUploadedByTortForum1379469441.002395.jpgImageUploadedByTortForum1379469457.170005.jpgImageUploadedByTortForum1379469482.299736.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
Doug looks pretty nice to me. But I would soak more often if it were me anyways. The shell looks really nice. My Russian Ophelia has a few bad spots on her's due to her first 7 years of bad raising. But since I got her 2 years ago she gets everything she needs as far as food and stuff. And her shell looks a lot better then it did. Keep up the good work!! :)

AndrewTillmann

5 Year Member
De Pere, Wisconsin
I can definitely soak him more often. I always have time for my best friend! :)

I should also mention I take him outside and sit with him for an hour or two on days that I have time. He seems quite happy and healthy so I hope that's the case!

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Congrats on the one year mark. He/She looks pretty darn good too me. Glad you enjoy him/her so much. They are great family members that's for sure.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.