Concerned mom

Brylee

5 Year Member
Hi! So soaking one of my tortoises, I check on him/her and realize SOMETHING sticking out of its tail. Needing to know if it's a "he" exposing himself or if something is wrong! He/she is about 4 and a half years old

Brylee

5 Year Member
It's happened once before briefly while soaking but this time I was able to get a picture.. any help would be appreciated! Also, I have 2 the same age. The other one is shaped a lot different than this one and I'm not sure the sex on it as nothing like this has ever happened. My dad got them both for me in 2012 and thought it'd be best to get 2, I do know I'll most likely have to rehome on of them as I won't have enough room to separate them... I just figured I'd have a couple more years before I ran into any issues. Once again, any help is greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• 1482952263416.jpg
    1482952263416.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 27

Brylee

5 Year Member
Okay that's great!! I was pretty sure he was but wanted to make sure nothing was wrong! Thank you! I definitely didn't expect him to be flashing this young!! I thought they were usually a few years older but like I said, I'm just glad nothing is wrong!

Brylee

5 Year Member
It happened only once before but it was a brief flashing and that was nearly a year ago! This time I got a picture just to make sure it was nothing more than that!

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Mine started flashing at 3 years I think it was, 2 or 3. Did it for about a month at every soaking. They seem to flash at a young age, but the maturity isn't there yet.

Brylee

5 Year Member
My other one is longer and her head and everything is much larger than this one. If she ends up really bring a "she", could I still keep them together?