Concerned!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paige Lewis

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Swansea, UK
I have just moved from germany to Swansea and my little tort Jimmy did great, his first time at sea! I am a little concerned though. I let him have a little to eat when we got to Wales and i thought i could see an odd colouring on part of his tongue but i am not sure whether it is just from the food he has had as he has been eating rose petals earlier today, there is no natural light at the moment as it is dark so i am going to try and have a better look tomorrow. He seems absolutely 100% fine apart from this but i cant help but be paranoid that it could be the start of mouth rot, what do you think? I don't understand how he could have got mouth rot though.

There is a recommended exotics vet i can go to but he only has a clinic wednesday and thursday mornings, is this to long to wait, i am so worried! Am i being paranoid? because i definitely have been in the past. Can thy have mouth rot but show no symptoms apart from a patch of colouring on the tongue?

Thanks for any help! I am really concerned!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I'm sure you are just being overly protective. He's probably fine.

Paige Lewis

5 Year Member
Swansea, UK
Thanks for the reply, i had a look at his mouth today and everything looks just as it should thank goodness.

Status
Not open for further replies.