Cooked Human Food For RF?

seadogrun

Location (City and/or State)
Pompano Beach, FL
I am a relatively new tortoise owner. My RF likes a variety of worms, but can someone tell me the benefit of feeding the tort cooked "human" food that they would never naturally eat? I see people mention chicken, fish, eggs, etc. It doesn't seem logical to me, but I am always happy to learn.

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
I am a relatively new tortoise owner. My RF likes a variety of worms, but can someone tell me the benefit of feeding the tort cooked "human" food that they would never naturally eat? I see people mention chicken, fish, eggs, etc. It doesn't seem logical to me, but I am always happy to learn.
Redfoots do best with a little bit of protein in their diet. In the wild they would eat Carrion. It's just easier to scramble and egg rather than pick up roadkill for your Tortoise ? Worms are a very good protein too.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
Redfoots do best with a little bit of protein in their diet. In the wild they would eat Carrion. It's just easier to scramble and egg rather than pick up roadkill for your Tortoise ? Worms are a very good protein too.
True
The things Redfoot actually love to eat are mostly DISGUSTING

Canadian Mojo

Ontario
Slug and snail hunting seems to be our RF's favorite pastime when he is in his outdoor enclosure. You can actually hear him scraping them off the stone walls in his tunnels and cave. He also spends a lot of time rooting around the vegetation looking for them.